Re: Fixed star alignments (August 19, 2007)

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2007

      > As of midnight GMT in London.
      >

      > Asterisks indicate new alignments (which weren't there
      > a week ago today with a 1 00' orb).
      >

      > Jupiter
      >

      > Kuma (Nu-1 Draconis)

      "at last" (something happening finally)

      > Han (Zeta Ophiuchi)

      "...trouble and disgrace." (Robson)

      > Rho Ophiuchi

      concentrating on healing

      > Antares (Alpha Scorpii)

      excess, fire

      > Shark's Jaws Nebula (King 1-3 Scorpii)

      shark attacks, some other perilous situation

      > Gatria (Gamma Trianguli Australe)

      contemptuous of others' religious beliefs or of someone's perceptions

      > Saturn
      >

      > Alphard (Alpha Hydrae)

      strong passions, lack of self-control, revolting deeds

      (sex offenses?)

      > *Cat's Prey (I Hydrae; part of the obsolete
      > constellation Felis the Cat, located underneath the
      > Cat's right forepaw)

      a victim, being played with

      > Adhafera (Zeta Leonis)

      "It is connected with suicide, poison, corrosive acids, liquid
      explosives, liquid fire, lying, stealing and crime." (Robson)

      > Al Jabhah (Eta Leonis)

      "It gives loss and many dangers, a violent and intemperate nature, and
      to a military officer danger of mutiny and murder by his soldiers."
      (Robson)

      > *Spider Nebula (UGC 5829 Leonis Minoris)

      spinning a web

      > Puppis A (Puppis; supernova remnant)

      on the lookout for something?

      > *Ta Tsun (Psi Ursae Majoris)

      Chinese = meritorious attainment (?)

      (in the Great Bear's hind leg)

      ("do not be afraid, for our cause is just")

      > *Regor (Gamma Velorum)

      "rigor"(?)

      (toward the front of Argo's rigging--"the cut of one's jib")

      (attention to how something looks?)

      > Uranus
      >

      > Honda's Star (V1500 Cygni, aka Nova Cygni 1975,
      > discovered by Japanese
      > astronomer Minoru Honda)

      mass insanity

      > Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)

      flirting with disaster

      > Shih (Sigma Pegasi)

      the woes of the real-estate market

      > Neptune
      >

      > LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable aka nova)
      >
      > Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)

      "It gives malevolence, destructiveness and an uncontrollable temper."
      (Robson)

      > Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)
      >
      > The Red-Necked Emu (Harrington STAR 26 Cygni; a small
      > asterism in Cygnus)

      paying the price for refusing to face facts

      > S Doradus
      >
      > Al Faras al Thani (Lambda Equulei)

      always finishing second

      > Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; marking the obsolete
      > constellation Phoenicopterus the Flamingo, now known
      > as Grus the Crane)
      >
      > IL Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable aka nova)
      >

      > Pluto
      >

      > Tseen Yin (Delta Arae)
      >
      > Mu Arae (has exoplanets)
      >
      > *Lucida Mensae (Alpha Mensae, the brightest star in
      > Mensa the Table Mountain)

      climbing the mountain, being frustrated

      > *Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)

      to keep in line

      > Al Durajah (Gamma Ophiuchi)
      >
      > Iron Star (XX Ophiuchi, so nicknamed for its
      > extraordinarily high iron content)

      strength

      > Pistol Star (V4647 Sagittarii, a unusually hot star
      > within the Pistol Nebula)

      guns, gun rights, gun control (?)

      > Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Silkworm Nebula (CRL 5385 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Galactic Center (Sagittarius A* Sagittarii)
      >
      > Sargas (Theta Scorpii)

      wielding a weapon

      > Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
      >
      > Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii, a pulsar
      > named for its emissions pattern and its lead
      > discoverer, Scott Hyman)

      eating, devouring

      > Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Cluster)

      hammering away at something, destructively

      > Ceres
      >

      > *Botein (Delta Arietis)

      Arabic = little belly

      (children's nutrition?)

      > *Nair al Butain (49 Arietis)

      Arabic = the bright one of the little belly

      > *Rana (Delta Eridani)

      Latin = frog, or Persian = lily, or Arabic = admiration

      ?

      > *Atirsagne (Omicron Tauri)

      focusing on being green

      > Pallas
      >

      > Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Humason 1-2 Cygni)
      >

      > Juno
      >

      > *Arcturus (Alpha Bootis)

      daring, boldness, willingness to experiment

      > *Nekkar (Beta Bootis)

      Arabic = cattleman

      > *EX Hydrae (cataclysmic variable aka nova)

      "ex-", "exes"

      > *Hemalein Secunda (Sigma Bootis)

      Arabic/Latin = the second of the two sheep (al-hamalayn = "the two
      sheep" in Arabic)

      In Bootes' left side or abdomen

      > Varthorz Prior (Upsilon Carinae)

      to jump ship, to get out while the getting is good

      > *Spica (Alpha Virginis)

      new knowledge

      > Vesta
      >

      > *Shapley's Ring Nebula (Shapley 1 Normae)

      universe-centered, scientific (as opposed to creationist)

      > *Al Niyat (Sigma Scorpii)

      Arabic = the arteries

      (lifeblood)

      > Chiron
      >

      > Albali (Epsilon Aquarii)
      >
      > AE Aquarii (cataclysmic variable aka nova)
      >
      > Albulaan Borealis (Mu Aquarii)
      >
      > Armus (Eta Capricorni)
      >
      > Cygnus X-1 (Cygni, a famous black hole)
      >
      > Lucida Globi (Epsilon Microscopii; the lucida, or
      > brightest star, of the
      > obsolete constellation Globus Aerostaticus, the
      > Hot-Air Balloon--I have been referring to it as
      > Globus)

      full of hot air, having to do with hot-air balloons

      > *47 Tucanae (NGC 104 Tucanae, a bright highly resolved
      > globular cluster mistaken
      > for a star and given a Flamsteed number)

      something to sit on or be supported by

      > North Node
      >

      > Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)
      >
      > Ruchba (Omega-2 Cygni)
      >
      > Piazzi's Flying Star (61 Cygni)
      >
      > Pelican Nebula (IC 5070 Cygni)
      >
      > Biham (Theta Pegasi)
      >
      > CC Sculptoris (cataclysmic variable aka nova)
      >

      > South Node
      >

      > Thuban (Alpha Draconis)

      guarding a treasure

      > Shir (Rho Leonis)

      Persian = lion

      > SW Sextantis (cataclysmic variable aka nova)
      >
      > Spindle Galaxy of Sextans (NGC 3115 Sextantis)

      attempts to study female psychology?

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2007
        Rigging, is support, without rigging you dont go anywhere on a ship,
        it supports and directs teh sails, lets teh sails Catch the wind or
        keeps it from catching the wind as it were, can be used to direct
        ship as much as a rudder, in some ways maybe more.

        Missb

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 3, 2007
          --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

          > Rigging, is support, without rigging you dont go
          > anywhere on a ship,
          > it supports and directs teh sails, lets teh sails
          > Catch the wind or
          > keeps it from catching the wind as it were, can be
          > used to direct
          > ship as much as a rudder, in some ways maybe more.

          Yeah. The sail known as the jib is at the front of a
          ship. "Cut of one's jib" is an expression having to do
          with the initial impression one gives to others.

          Mark A. Holmes

          http://tv.yahoo.com/
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007

            > Rigging, is support, without rigging you dont go anywhere on a ship,
            > it supports and directs teh sails, lets teh sails Catch the wind or
            > keeps it from catching the wind as it were, can be used to direct
            > ship as much as a rudder, in some ways maybe more.
            >
            > Missb

            Yeah, there's concern about the sub-prime credit collapse dragging the
            US economy into recession, which might fit what you're describing. And
            also there's the latest attempt by the Republicans to steal elections
            for Jesus ("rigger"). Since you're in California, I guess you've heard
            about it: the proposed referendum to redo the way California assigns
            its electoral votes, which sounds more attractive than tailor-making
            congressional districts to suit the party controlling the legislature
            in mid-decade like what was crammed down our throats here in Texas
            four years ago. But it would probably take maybe 20 electoral votes
            away from the Democratic candidate for president, and likely hand
            future presidential elections to whoever the Republicans nominate
            barring a major political earthquake like the one last year.

            Mark A. Holmes