Orbs (i.e. moiety)

  • Diana K. Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005

      Mark wrote:

      >You must be using orbs that are wider than mine. I use 1 00'
      >orbs for fixed-star aspects (conjunctions only; I haven't
      >seen enough evidence about parallels to figure out whether I
      >should start using them, too).

      Not sure what you mean - Manubrium is now 15 Cap 04, less
      than 1 degree from Mars' position of 14 Cap 25 - ?

      I also use 1 degree orbs and conjunctions only.

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
        --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Diana K. Rosenberg"
        <ye-stars@i...> wrote:
        > > Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:37:33 -0000
        > > From: "mahtezcatpoc" <mahtezcatpoc@y...>
        > >Subject: Re: Inception stars
        >
        > Diana wrote:
        > >
        > > Besides Vega, I get a kick out of Mars also being conjunct
        > > Manubrium, Omicron Sagittarii, because it was a star in
        > > China's "Determining Asterism," which "determined" (marked)
        > > the Winter Solstice by its heliacal rising; as it was on the
        > > Sun's path, it was also called "The Inspector of the
        > > Ecliptic!" How's that for a suitable start to a fixed star
        > > group?
        >
        > Mark wrote:
        >
        > >You must be using orbs that are wider than mine. I use 1 00'
        > >orbs for fixed-star aspects (conjunctions only; I haven't
        > >seen enough evidence about parallels to figure out whether I
        > >should start using them, too).
        >
        > Not sure what you mean - Manubrium is now 15 Cap 04, less
        > than 1 degree from Mars' position of 14 Cap 25 - ?
        >
        > I also use 1 degree orbs and conjunctions only.

        Okay, I get it now. I was reading the aspects off the Brady
        fixed-stars file in my copy of Solar Fire 5. Manubrium isn't in it. I
        have another file that I custom-compiled for myself and Manubrium got
        left off that one somehow. But Mars conjunct Manubrium (and also Vega
        and Ascella) showed up when I called up another report based on the
        entire fixed-star list that came with SolarFire.

        Mark A. Holmes
      • betelgeuse
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
          hi,

          >>Okay, I get it now. I was reading the aspects off the >Brady  fixed-stars file in my copy of Solar Fire 5. >>Manubrium isn't in it. I  have another file that I >custom-compiled for myself and Manubrium got left off >that one somehow. But Mars conjunct Manubrium (and also >Vega and Ascella) showed up when I called up another >report based on the entire fixed-star list that came >with SolarFire.

          >Mark A. Holmes  >>>>>>>>>

          Manubrium is now 15 cap 03', so 39' from Mars of the group, as
          shown at the 2nd part of the star report that I sent and was uploaded
          to the group files.  If it does not show at SF5, then the SF4 list is
          greater than the 5, or the star changed name.

          greetings,
          alhena

          250MB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
          Abrí tu cuenta aquí
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2, 2005

            Like I said above:

            But Mars
            > conjunct Manubrium (and also >Vega and Ascella)
            > showed up when I called up another >report based on
            > the entire fixed-star list that came >with
            > SolarFire.

            The Manubrium aspect didn't show when I used the file
            named brady.fst for the fixed-star report, but it did
            when I used starfile.fst, which is the whole slate of
            stars available with my copy of SF5.

            Mark A. Holmes

            Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!