Is this a holiday weekend for

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2007
      any country beside the US?

      I wonder because SAturn is hanging on to the last degree of Leo like
      its just ready to Slam this weekend? finally slips into Virgo, and out
      of Detriment on Tuesday after the US labor Day holiday. I wonder what
      that implies, which of course means it is also still firmly aligned
      with Regulus.

      any thoughts?

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2007

        > any country beside the US?
        >
        > I wonder because SAturn is hanging on to the last degree of Leo like
        > its just ready to Slam this weekend? finally slips into Virgo, and out
        > of Detriment on Tuesday after the US labor Day holiday. I wonder what
        > that implies, which of course means it is also still firmly aligned
        > with Regulus.
        >
        > any thoughts?
        >
        > MissB

        It might be hitting the Republican Party's chart. Virginia Senator
        John Warner isn't seeking re-election next year (of course, Virginia
        is fairly conservative, so we can't take for granted that the
        Democrats will pick up his seat). And Idaho Senator Larry Craig has
        resigned his seat, and I'm not clear on why--as I understand it, he
        was arrested after he went into a men's room toilet stall at the
        Minneapolis-St.Paul airport with a cop in the next stall, and tapped
        his foot. But no sex act of any kind took place, no illegal
        transaction of any kind, no fight, no nothing. So what did Craig do to
        warrant being forced out of Congress?

        And it looks like not only has the GOP become more homophobic (they
        had one openly gay member of Congress, former US Rep. Jim Kolbe of
        Arizona, who retired last year), they've gotten xenophobic,too.
        Univision sponsored a two-part Spanish-language presidential debate,
        but while the Democratic debate is still on, the Republican debate had
        to be canceled because only John McCain committed to attending. If
        they want to keep destroying what progress Bush made for them with
        Hispanic voters, they can go right ahead.

        Regulus, I believe, promises success as long as revenge is avoided;
        does that extend to punitive or hateful behavior in general?

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2007
          --- mahtezcatpoc <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:

          > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "msbhavens1"
          > <msbhavens1@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > any country beside the US?
          > >
          > > I wonder because SAturn is hanging on to the last
          > degree of Leo like
          > > its just ready to Slam this weekend? finally slips
          > into Virgo, and out
          > > of Detriment on Tuesday after the US labor Day
          > holiday. I wonder what
          > > that implies, which of course means it is also
          > still firmly aligned
          > > with Regulus.
          > >
          > > any thoughts?
          > >
          > > MissB
          > >

          > It might be hitting the Republican Party's chart.

          Saturn is currently squaring its natal place (in
          Taurus) in the Republican Party chart (February 28,
          1854, 8 p.m. LMT, Ripon, Wisconsin), and Uranus is
          conjunct the GOP Neptune. Maybe a lot of them are
          having trouble dealing with the changes in society.

          While I was looking for star alignments in that chart,
          I saw that in it Neptune is aligned with Achernar
          (could be seen as indicative of the traditional
          Republican ideal of rugged individualism or
          self-reliance).

          From the Brady star file of SolarFire 5 (see also
          pages 140-142 of *Brady's Book of Fixed Stars*):

          "[Achernar] has a strong effect in event charts
          indicating issues of fire and flood. On a personal
          note it seems to indicate an individual who will take
          many risks and is therefore prone to move from one
          difficulty to another."

          Uranus has been aligned with Achernar recently.

          Mark A. Holmes