Greek charts

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 30, 2007
      Greek charts

      Astrocalypse sent

      Anyone has the national chart(s) of Greece?
      ]]]]]]]]]]]
      from Campion:

      Revolution:
      Mar 25, 1821
      12 noon LMT
      Kalavryta, Greece
      22E06, 38N01

      (Mar 25 is celebrated as independence day; I also like this one
      because the SNode is the Sun of the 490 BC Battle of Marathon,
      when they turned back a Persian invasion)

      Formal declaration of independence

      Jan 13 1822
      12 PM LMT, Athens

      became a kingdom

      Feb 3 1830
      12 PM LMT, Athens

      became a  parliamentary democracy

      July 24, 1974
      4 AM EET (-2)
      Athens

      The 18 Virgo eclipse hits the 1st and last 2 charts, especially
      the 1st which has a Mars-Venus cnj at 18-19 Pisces and the
      (noon) Moon at 17 Sag 38. The SNode is 13 Virgo 30 - Greece
      is traditionally ruled by Virgo.

      Generally, I find that the earliest available chart is the one that
      works best (not always, but usually)

      At the Lunar Ecl 2 days ago Mars at 13 Gem exactly squared the
      Nodes of the 1st (1821) chart; Saturn was 135 the 1821 Saturn,
      Uranus sq that noon Moon and cnj the Mars, Neptune 45 the
      Sun-Merc-Jup at 4-6 Aries.  Yes, to me, this is the chart to
      use; maybe someone can rectify it to get a time.

      Just occurred to me - you could use the Battle of Marathon as
      a birth chart for Greece: Sept 12 490 BC OS (I used noon);
      38N10, 23E58

      It has Mars at 26 Pisces 53 so Pluto is squaring that now; Neptune
      at 20 Scorp 19, so Neptune is exactly squaring it! (come to think
      of it, so is Venus...)

      The Lunar Ecl run for Athens has Fortuna at 25 Taurus 25; the
      Marathon Uranus is 26 Taurus 29.

      Love, Diana

      Website: http://ye-stars.com

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 30, 2007
        I"m going to cordially disagree.

        I wouldn't use that chart because Greece eventually lost to Persia,
        which is why you have the stupid second Birth story of Athena which
        negates her having a mother and making Matricide a lesser crime, and
        basically turned over Athenian culture. Not to Mention Added Appollo
        and Neptune to the god structures.

        I could so go down the path of Neptune and medusa to discuss further
        but I think it would take us way off course. The rape of Medusa is
        the story of the destruction of Athens culture. (and a great many of
        the female goddess ruled cultures of the mediteranean)

        The Romans made Greek Mythology the liturature of the western world
        and also made greek maths and engineering a greater study. But
        Greece as a country really did not come back to life until 1925 and
        I think that in the case of that country, it is a best chart because
        it is NOT the country of Marathon. Though that was certainly one of
        the greatest all time battles of history, and bears a strong place
        in Grecian hearts.

        oh well, my odd opinion of course.

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 30, 2007
          Also a thought about the South Node being on the Sun of the Marathon
          chart. possibly the heart being to tied to history, interfering
          with, detering growth of the present country? The old arguement of
          preservation verses conservation?

          Also the parliamentary date goes back to the grecian roots of
          democracy, well the Athenian roots anyway. So I wonder if it
          wouldnt' be a good chart.

          What do you think? MissB

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 30, 2007

            Sun and moon in mutual reception,
            neptune aligned with Antares,
            Uranus aligned with Spica
            Mercury Rx aligned with Sirius
            Venus Just Past Algol (Medusa)
            Chiron at 23 ARies, for those that may not be aware if you lay the
            astrological wheel around the planet with 0 aries at the GMT, Athens
            is at 23 Aries for Chiron to be there implies a lot I think...
            its not necessarily a chart I would choose, but it has some good
            points, Jupiter in own sign of Pisces, Venus in own sign of Taurus,
            what starts rose and set that day in Greece? I dont have anything
            handy to check?

            I think this chart describes greece aptly.

          • astrocalypse@blueyonder.co.uk
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 31, 2007

              > Sun and moon in mutual reception,
              > neptune aligned with Antares,
              > Uranus aligned with Spica
              > Mercury Rx aligned with Sirius
              > Venus Just Past Algol (Medusa)
              > Chiron at 23 ARies, for those that may not be aware if you lay the
              > astrological wheel around the planet with 0 aries at the GMT, Athens
              > is at 23 Aries for Chiron to be there implies a lot I think...
              > its not necessarily a chart I would choose, but it has some good
              > points, Jupiter in own sign of Pisces, Venus in own sign of Taurus,
              > what starts rose and set that day in Greece? I dont have anything
              > handy to check?
              >
              > I think this chart describes greece aptly.
              >
              > MissB

              I get 24 Ari 30 for Chiron for this chart. Athene was at 7 Can 39
              conjunct Mercury-Saturn. Or do you mean overlaying the tropical over the
              sidereal to get Chiron near the Aries Point?

              You can get both stars alignment and Brady parans on Solar Fire. Think
              astro dot com has them too. As it is, I can't find any usual suspects on
              this particular chart in terms of parans. Uranus was aligned with
              Arcturus and Spica... come to think of it, Saturn-Mercury was at IC when
              Spica was setting, and Mars was setting with Regulus (gulp) ...
            • astrocalypse@blueyonder.co.uk
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 31, 2007
                > Astrocalypse sent
                >
                > Anyone has the national chart(s) of Greece?
                > ]]]]]]]]]]]
                > from Campion:
                >
                > Revolution:
                > Mar 25, 1821
                > 12 noon LMT
                > Kalavryta, Greece
                > 22E06, 38N01
                >
                > (Mar 25 is celebrated as independence day; I also like this one
                > because the SNode is the Sun of the 490 BC Battle of Marathon,
                > when they turned back a Persian invasion)
                >
                > Formal declaration of independence
                >
                > Jan 13 1822
                > 12 PM LMT, Athens
                >
                > became a kingdom
                >
                > Feb 3 1830
                > 12 PM LMT, Athens
                >
                > became a parliamentary democracy
                >
                > July 24, 1974
                > 4 AM EET (-2)
                > Athens
                >
                > The 18 Virgo eclipse hits the 1st and last 2 charts, especially
                > the 1st which has a Mars-Venus cnj at 18-19 Pisces and the
                > (noon) Moon at 17 Sag 38. The SNode is 13 Virgo 30 - Greece
                > is traditionally ruled by Virgo.
                >
                > Generally, I find that the earliest available chart is the one that
                > works best (not always, but usually)
                >
                > At the Lunar Ecl 2 days ago Mars at 13 Gem exactly squared the
                > Nodes of the 1st (1821) chart; Saturn was 135 the 1821 Saturn,
                > Uranus sq that noon Moon and cnj the Mars, Neptune 45 the
                > Sun-Merc-Jup at 4-6 Aries. Yes, to me, this is the chart to
                > use; maybe someone can rectify it to get a time.
                >
                > Just occurred to me - you could use the Battle of Marathon as
                > a birth chart for Greece: Sept 12 490 BC OS (I used noon);
                > 38N10, 23E58
                >
                > It has Mars at 26 Pisces 53 so Pluto is squaring that now; Neptune
                > at 20 Scorp 19, so Neptune is exactly squaring it! (come to think
                > of it, so is Venus...)
                >
                > The Lunar Ecl run for Athens has Fortuna at 25 Taurus 25; the
                > Marathon Uranus is 26 Taurus 29.
                >
                > Love, Diana
                >

                > Website: http://ye-stars.com

                Thank you so much, Diana. If anyone has it, I know you would top them
                with five pertinent charts :)

                There are tons to look at with these and I think you are right about the
                earlier chart as the better ones. It is fascinating to look at the
                Marathon chart and the ingresses before it. The battle chart must be the
                first war chart I look at which has Venus occidental and it speaks volume
                about how and why the ancient warfares were waged compared with what we
                are seeing these days. Pluto was oppose the Aries Point too, and I can
                see how it helps the Greek people define themselves through the eyes of
                history.

                Love,
                Astrocalypse
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 31, 2007
                  I mean that Athens is at 23+ degrees East of the GMT. and the way a
                  chart is laid out, that is where it would fall if you looked at
                  towns and such the same way we look at fixed stars, Laying them all
                  on the ecliptic, Athens falls at 23 East 43 and if you laid towns on
                  the ecliptic as one does the stars that would be 23 Aries 43, I've
                  always thought thtat significant of Athens, it doesn't always strike
                  me for all towns, but she seems to wear that degree quite well.

                  I hope I explained that okay sometimes I feel like I cant get the
                  information from my head and out to people very well.....

                  And then you look at the 1974 chart and I think Chiron aligned with
                  Athens, how appropriate, she has so many old wounds to heal.