Re: Fixed star alignments (July 15, 2007)

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2007

      > As of midnight GMT in London.
      >

      > Asterisks indicate new alignments

      > Jupiter
      >

      > Kuma (Nu-1 Draconis)
      >
      > *Rho Ophiuchi
      >
      > NGC 6240 (Ophiuchi; two supermassive galaxies
      > colliding)
      >
      > *Antares (Alpha Scorpii)
      >
      > Sin (Tau Scorpii)
      >

      > Saturn
      >

      > MM Hydrae (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > *Subra (Omicron Leonis)
      >
      > *CW Leonis
      >
      > Frosty Leo Nebula (IRAS 09371+1212 Leonis)
      >
      > *Lucida Pictoris (Beta Pictoris, the brightest star,
      > or lucida, of Pictor the Easel)
      >

      > Uranus
      >

      > Shih (Sigma Pegasi)
      >
      > Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)
      >

      > Neptune
      >

      > LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)
      >
      > S Doradus
      >
      > *Al Faras al Thani (Lambda Equulei, or 2 Equulei--for
      > some reason this star got a Bayer designation even
      > though it's 7th magnitude and well below naked-eye
      > visibility)
      >
      > Gruid (Beta Gruis)
      >
      > Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; marking the obsolete
      > constellation Phoenicopterus the Flamingo, now known
      > as Grus the Crane)
      >
      > VW Hydri
      >
      > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)
      >

      > Pluto
      >

      > Mu Arae (has exoplanets)
      >
      > Thackeray's Planetary (nebula; IC 1266 Arae)
      >
      > Al Durajah (Gamma Ophiuchi)
      >
      > RS Ophiuchi (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > Pistol Star (V4647 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Integral X-Ray Nova 2006 (IGR J17497-2821 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Terzan 5 (Sagittarii; globular cluster containing the
      > pulsar Terzan 5ad [formally PSR J1748-2446ad], a
      > "millisecond pulsar" which is the fastest known
      > spinning pulsar at 716 times per second)
      >
      > Box Nebula (NGC 6445 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Silkworm Nebula (CRL 5385 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Galactic Center (Sagittarius A* Sagittarii)
      >
      > Apollyon (Iota-1 Scorpii)
      >
      > Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
      >

      > Ceres
      >

      > *Anfal (58 Andromedae)

      Arabic = spoils

      > *WX Arietis (cataclysmic variable)

      wax or waxed (slippery)

      > *Comet Planetary (NGC 1350 Fornacis)

      blind to the fact that the situation has changed

      > *Deltotron (Beta Trianguli)

      having to do with change?

      (the Democrats seem a little more assertive)

      > Pallas
      >

      > Shih (Sigma Pegasi)
      >
      > Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)
      >

      > Juno
      >

      > Merga (38 Bootis)

      "hoe" or "rake"

      (cleaning up, weeding out)

      > *Roberts 22 (CRL 4140 Carinae)

      I think I might have written about this somewhere...

      > *Tso-Hea (6 Corvi)

      Chinese = the left-hand linchpin

      (a person important to the Democrats or the UK's Labour Party?)

      > Lucida Volantis (Beta Volantis, the brightest star in
      > Volans the Flying Fish)
      >

      > Vesta
      >

      > Lucida Circini (Alpha Circini, the brightest star in
      > Circinus the Drafting Compass)
      >
      > Rutilicus (Zeta Herculis)
      >
      > Kajam (Omega Herculis)
      >
      > Thusia (Gamma Lupi)