Re: Mercury now

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1 4:31 PM
      That makes sense. Thank you, all the upheaval in the next day or so
      is worth watching, Storm building in the Atlantic. MissB

      <fixed.stars@...> wrote:

      > Beth sent
      >
      > Oh I'm sorry this Mars Conj Algol, Square Saturn, and SAturn Trine
      Pluto, of
      > course you get Moon at 26 Pisces and Mercury at 24 Cancer (Is that
      > Bellatrix? I'm at work so dont have things at my
      > fingertips) on the second as well, so all around I think there are
      some
      > opportunities for havoc. the moon connection is fleeting, but
      still!
      > ========
      > Mercury, where it is now, could do all that messing about all by
      itself
      > (right now it's 24Can43 at 82 Geminorum (24Can55), very dim but
      close to the
      > ecliptic in Pollux's right shoulder) but at the Full Moon 7/30 it
      aligned
      > with Castor, Alpha Geminorum, a major storm and shipwreck star:
      Attacks,
      > assassinations, fires, storms (extreme barometric lows),
      shipwreck, (the
      > Twins were invoked when ships were in peril on the sea); meteorite
      falls;
      > great battles, ferocity, persecutions, massacres, events of violent
      > intolerance and hatred, but also of human rights and universal
      brotherhood;
      > health issues; inauspicious for launches.
      >
      > From the book:
      > The Twins were guardians of those in peril on the sea: this was
      Uranus at a
      > 440 CE SolEcl: the city of Ys in Brittany was "submerged in great
      flood" and
      > the "sea submerged great parts of Wales, most cattle drowned" (the
      2 coasts
      > are nearly the same longitude); there was a July, 1281 New Moon
      here at
      > Khublai Khan's 2nd attempt to invade Japan: a vast armada of 4,400
      ships and
      > 142,000 Mongol, Chinese, and Korean troops set out in July; in
      August a
      > typhoon struck, destroying about 4,000 ships and more than 100,000
      troops
      > (the 2nd time a Kamikaze ("Divine Wind") had saved Japan); this
      was the
      > NNode at a July 1591 SolEcl the year 4 hurricanes in 1 month sank
      more than
      > 100 ships in the Western Hemisphere, most of them (88) part of the
      Grand
      > Fleet of Spanish treasure ships from the Indies; this was the 1886
      Winter
      > Solstice Saturn: 1886-7's vicious winter caused "The Great Die-
      Up:" hundreds
      > of thousands of cattle died, buried in blizzards, frozen to death,
      and on
      > Christmas Eve sailing vessel Annie C McGuire was wrecked in storm
      off
      > Portland Head, ME (the lighthouse keeper was drunk, the light
      unlit; the
      > ship went down with all hands), Mars at the Great Galveston
      Hurricane of
      > 1900: the barometer fell to 27.49," a US record up to that time:
      the city
      > was inundated, about 8,000 killed, "one of the worst natural
      disasters ever
      > to hit the N American continent," the NNode in 1889: Germany and
      the US were
      > on the verge of war over which would be Samoa's "protector;" each
      nation had
      > 3 warships at Apia, Upolu: on March 16th a typhoon wrecked both
      nations'
      > ships, killing 146: shock at news of disaster ended hostilities
      and led to
      > joint protectorate; this has been called "the typhoon that stopped
      a war"
      > (see the Battle of the River Halys above – that was a SolEcl that
      stopped a
      > war!); other events with placements here include the 1935 Category
      5 Labor
      > Day hurricane that hit the Florida Keys: the barometer fell to
      26.35, the
      > lowest ever observed in the US: winds were estimated at 150-200
      mph (241-322
      > kph) (all wind instruments were destroyed): a rescue train was
      washed away,
      > 408 killed, some literally sandblasted to death- "the most intense
      and
      > tightly-knit storm ever to strike Florida," the 1946 Hilo Bay
      tsunami that
      > killed 165, caused by a quake in the Aleutians (led to the tsunami
      early
      > warning system); in 1982 when a last desperate SOS was received
      from oil rig
      > "Ocean Ranger," collapsing in the 50-ft seas of a N Atlantic
      storm: the rig
      > went down with its 84-man crew - none survived: a Soviet freighter
      went down
      > the next day: of 40 crew, only 5 could be saved; the terrible Lake
      > Okeechobee hurricane of 1928 (barometer 27.43, 5th lowest in US
      history)
      > that killed 5,000 in the US and Caribbean; a massive cyclone w/145
      mph (233
      > kph) winds that hit Bangladesh in 1991, killing about 139,000
      people and ½
      > million animals; this was the New York City LunEcl Asc 2 days
      before the
      > Great December Nor'easter storm of 1992, and the Asc at Davenport,
      IA at the
      > May, 1993 SolEcl preceding the great Mississippi floods, Venus
      when Titanic
      > was launched in 1911, and the natal Venus of millionaire John
      Jacob Astor

    • Trishmare7@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2 7:06 AM
        In a message dated 8/1/2007 6:46:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, fixed.stars@... writes:
        l, I know, that's overkill, but I just wanted to let you know...
        We appreciate it Diana! (Probably a lot of people on the list are information junkies, like me)--

        Love,
        Trish

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2 8:33 AM
          Actually I dont think its overkill, and I do think that many people
          on this list are info junkies, that's why were are into stuff like
          fixed stars... well, just an observation. Beth