Mercury now

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2007
      Mercury now

      Beth sent

      Oh I'm sorry this Mars Conj Algol, Square Saturn, and SAturn Trine Pluto, of course you get Moon at 26 Pisces and Mercury at 24 Cancer (Is that Bellatrix? I'm at work so dont have things at my

      fingertips) on the second as well, so all around I think there are some opportunities for havoc. the moon connection is fleeting, but still!

      ========
      Mercury, where it is now, could do all that messing about all by itself (right now it's 24Can43 at 82 Geminorum (24Can55), very dim but close to the ecliptic in Pollux's right shoulder) but at the Full Moon 7/30 it aligned with Castor, Alpha Geminorum, a major storm and shipwreck star: Attacks, assassinations, fires, storms (extreme barometric lows), shipwreck, (the Twins were invoked when ships were in peril on the sea); meteorite falls; great battles, ferocity, persecutions, massacres, events of violent intolerance and hatred, but also of human rights and universal brotherhood; health issues; inauspicious for launches.

      From the book:
      The Twins were guardians of those in peril on the sea: this was Uranus at a 440 CE SolEcl: the city of Ys in Brittany was “submerged in great flood” and the “sea submerged great parts of Wales, most cattle drowned” (the 2 coasts are nearly the same longitude); there was a July, 1281 New Moon here at Khublai Khan's 2nd attempt to invade Japan: a vast armada of 4,400 ships and 142,000 Mongol, Chinese, and Korean troops set out in July; in August a typhoon struck, destroying about 4,000 ships and more than 100,000 troops (the 2nd time a Kamikaze ("Divine Wind") had saved Japan); this was the NNode at a July 1591 SolEcl the year 4 hurricanes in 1 month sank more than 100 ships in the Western Hemisphere, most of them (88) part of the Grand Fleet of Spanish treasure ships from the Indies; this was the 1886 Winter Solstice Saturn: 1886-7's vicious winter caused “The Great Die-Up:” hundreds of thousands of cattle died, buried in blizzards, frozen to death, and on Christmas Eve sailing vessel Annie C McGuire was wrecked in storm off Portland Head, ME (the lighthouse keeper was drunk, the light unlit; the ship went down with all hands), Mars at the Great Galveston Hurricane of 1900: the barometer fell to 27.49,” a US record up to that time: the city was inundated, about 8,000 killed, “one of the worst natural disasters ever to hit the N American continent,” the NNode in 1889: Germany and the US were on the verge of war over which would be Samoa’s “protector;” each nation had 3 warships at Apia, Upolu: on March 16th  a typhoon wrecked both nations’ ships, killing 146: shock at news of disaster ended hostilities and led to joint protectorate; this has been called “the typhoon that stopped a war” (see the Battle of the River Halys above – that was a SolEcl that stopped a war!); other events with placements here include the 1935 Category 5 Labor Day hurricane that hit the Florida Keys: the barometer fell to 26.35, the lowest ever observed in the US: winds were estimated at 150-200 mph (241-322 kph) (all wind instruments were destroyed): a rescue train was washed away, 408 killed, some literally sandblasted to death- “the most intense and tightly-knit storm ever to strike Florida,” the 1946 Hilo Bay tsunami that killed 165, caused by a quake in the Aleutians (led to the tsunami early warning system); in 1982 when a last desperate SOS was received from oil rig “Ocean Ranger,” collapsing in the 50-ft seas of a N Atlantic storm: the rig went down with its 84-man crew - none survived: a Soviet freighter went down the next day: of 40 crew, only 5 could be saved; the terrible Lake Okeechobee hurricane of 1928 (barometer 27.43, 5th lowest in US history) that killed 5,000 in the US and Caribbean; a massive cyclone w/145 mph (233 kph) winds that hit Bangladesh in 1991, killing about 139,000 people and ½ million animals; this was the New York City LunEcl Asc 2 days before the Great December Nor’easter storm of 1992, and the Asc at Davenport, IA at the May, 1993 SolEcl preceding the great Mississippi floods, Venus when Titanic was launched in 1911, and the natal Venus of millionaire John Jacob Astor IV, who went down with the ship; Alfred Witherbee, a 3-year-old who died on the torpedoed Lusitania, had Neptune here.

      Well, I know, that's overkill, but I just wanted to let you know...

      Love, Diana

      Website: http://ye-stars.com

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2007
        That makes sense. Thank you, all the upheaval in the next day or so
        is worth watching, Storm building in the Atlantic. MissB

      • Trishmare7@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2007
          In a message dated 8/1/2007 6:46:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, fixed.stars@... writes:
          l, I know, that's overkill, but I just wanted to let you know...
          We appreciate it Diana! (Probably a lot of people on the list are information junkies, like me)--

          Love,
          Trish

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2, 2007
            Actually I dont think its overkill, and I do think that many people
            on this list are info junkies, that's why were are into stuff like
            fixed stars... well, just an observation. Beth