Fixed star alignments (July 29, 2007)

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 29, 2007
      As of midnight GMT in London.

      Asterisks indicate new alignments (which weren't there
      a week ago today with a 1 00' orb).

      Jupiter

      Kuma (Nu-1 Draconis)

      Han (Zeta Ophiuchi)

      Rho Ophiuchi

      Antares (Alpha Scorpii)

      Shark's Jaws Nebula (King 1-3 Scorpii)

      Gatria (Gamma Trianguli Australe)

      Saturn

      *Ukdah (Tau-2 Hydrae)

      CW Leonis (aka the Peanut Nebula, the Peanut Nebula of
      Leo)

      Malus (Gamma Pyxidis, marking the obsolete
      constellation Malus, the Mast of the Ship Argo)

      Uranus

      *Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)

      Shih (Sigma Pegasi)

      Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)

      Neptune

      LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable aka nova)

      Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)

      Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)

      Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)

      S Doradus

      Al Faras al Thani (Lambda Equulei)

      Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; marking the obsolete
      constellation Phoenicopterus the Flamingo, now known
      as Grus the Crane)

      TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)

      Pluto

      Mu Arae (has exoplanets)

      Thackeray's Planetary (nebula; IC 1266 Arae)

      Al Durajah (Gamma Ophiuchi)

      Iron Star (XX Ophiuchi, so nicknamed for its
      extraordinarily high iron content)

      RS Ophiuchi (cataclysmic variable)

      Pistol Star (V4647 Sagittarii, a unusually hot star
      within the Pistol Nebula)

      Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)

      Terzan 5 (Sagittarii; globular cluster containing the
      pulsar Terzan 5ad [formally PSR J1748-2446ad], a
      "millisecond pulsar" which is the fastest known
      spinning pulsar at 716 times per second)

      Box Nebula (NGC 6445 Sagittarii)

      Silkworm Nebula (CRL 5385 Sagittarii)

      Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)

      Galactic Center (Sagittarius A* Sagittarii)

      Apollyon (Iota-1 Scorpii)

      Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)

      Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii)

      *Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Cluster)

      Ceres

      *Apis (33 Arietis; marks the obsolete constellation
      Apis the Bee)

      *Lilium (35 Arietis; marks the obsolete constellation
      Lilium the Lily)

      ET Cluster (NGC 457 Cassiopeiae, an open cluster
      around Psi Cassiopeiae)

      *Lucida Horologii (Alpha Horologii; the brightest star
      in Horologium the Clock)

      Pallas

      *Honda's Star (V1500 Cygni, aka Nova Cygni 1975)

      *Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)

      Shih (Sigma Pegasi)

      Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)

      Juno

      *Mufrid (Eta Bootis)

      Vesta

      Lucida Circini (Alpha Circini, the brightest star in
      Circinus the Drafting Compass)

      *Circinus Pulsar (PSR B1509-58 Circini)

      *Zodet's Planetary (ESO:135-PN4 Circini; nebula)

      Yed Posterior (Epsilon Ophiuchi)

      Acrab (Beta Scorpii)

      Isidis (Delta Scorpii)

      Vrischika (Pi Scorpii)

      Fang (Rho Scorpii)

      *Jabhat al Akrab (Omega-1 Scorpii)

      18 Scorpii

      Chiron

      Albulaan Borealis (Mu Aquarii)

      Armus (Eta Capricorni)

      Dorsum (Theta Capricorni)

      CH Cygni

      Cygnus X-1 (famous black hole)

      Veil Nebula (NGC 6960 Cygni)

      Deneb Dulfim (Epsilon Delphini)

      North Node

      Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)

      Ruchba (Omega-2 Cygni)

      Piazzi's Flying Star (61 Cygni)

      Pelican Nebula (IC 5070 Cygni)

      Biham (Theta Pegasi)

      CC Sculptoris (cataclysmic variable)

      South Node

      Thuban (Alpha Draconis)

      *Shir (Rho Leonis)

      NGC 3377 (Leonis; galaxy with suspected black hole
      near 52 Leonis)

      SW Sextantis (cataclysmic variable)

      *Alula Boreale (Nu Ursae Majoris)

      Alula Australe (Xi Ursae Majoris)

      CU Velorum (cataclysmic variable)

      that gives answers, not web links.
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 30, 2007
        Is pluto really aligned with that many objects? that seems a bit
        crowded, is that because its lined up with the galactic center?

        _______________

      • Trishmare7@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 30, 2007
          In a message dated 7/30/2007 1:46:25 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, msbhavens1@... writes:
          Is pluto really aligned with that many objects? that seems a bit
          crowded, is that because its lined up with the galactic center?
          Even Pluto must want to party every now and then ...

          Trish Marie

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 30, 2007
            Oh I think Pluto does party hearty now and then, like you know, WWI,
            that Tsunami in the Pacific, The flood, a few hurricanes... ;-)

            PLuto also stands for wealth so possibly He was depressed int he
            1930's and the 1890's and maybe he was really happy in the 1850's
            and the 1950's? and 1990's? hmmm dunno, but but that is an aweful
            lot of things to be aligned with, possibly mroe aligned with some
            than others? MissB

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 30, 2007
              --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

              > Is pluto really aligned with that many objects?

              Within 1 00', yes. That's a crowded region of the sky.

              Mark A. Holmes

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 30, 2007
                --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

                > Oh I think Pluto does party hearty now and then,
                > like you know, WWI,
                > that Tsunami in the Pacific, The flood, a few
                > hurricanes... ;-)
                >
                > PLuto also stands for wealth so possibly He was
                > depressed int he
                > 1930's and the 1890's and maybe he was really happy
                > in the 1850's
                > and the 1950's? and 1990's? hmmm dunno, but but that
                > is an aweful
                > lot of things to be aligned with, possibly mroe
                > aligned with some
                > than others? MissB

                The orb would probably be tighter with some objects
                than with others.

                Mark A. Holmes

                http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 5, 2007

                  > As of midnight GMT in London.
                  >

                  > Asterisks indicate new alignments (which weren't there
                  > a week ago today with a 1 00' orb).
                  >

                  > Jupiter
                  >

                  > Kuma (Nu-1 Draconis)
                  >
                  > Han (Zeta Ophiuchi)
                  >
                  > Rho Ophiuchi

                  preoccupation with crushing evil?

                  > Antares (Alpha Scorpii)
                  >
                  > Shark's Jaws Nebula (King 1-3 Scorpii)
                  >
                  > Gatria (Gamma Trianguli Australe)
                  >

                  > Saturn
                  >

                  > *Ukdah (Tau-2 Hydrae)

                  "the knot" (bonds, obligations, restraints)

                  > CW Leonis (aka the Peanut Nebula, the Peanut Nebula of
                  > Leo)
                  >
                  > Malus (Gamma Pyxidis, marking the obsolete
                  > constellation Malus, the Mast of the Ship Argo)
                  >

                  > Uranus
                  >

                  > *Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)

                  having to do with flirting with ruin or destruction or deterioration
                  of objects

                  (the bridge in Minneapolis)

                  > Shih (Sigma Pegasi)
                  >
                  > Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)
                  >

                  > Neptune
                  >

                  > LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable aka nova)
                  >
                  > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)
                  >
                  > Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)
                  >
                  > Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)
                  >
                  > S Doradus
                  >
                  > Al Faras al Thani (Lambda Equulei)
                  >
                  > Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; marking the obsolete
                  > constellation Phoenicopterus the Flamingo, now known
                  > as Grus the Crane)
                  >
                  > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)
                  >

                  > Pluto
                  >

                  > Mu Arae (has exoplanets)
                  >
                  > Thackeray's Planetary (nebula; IC 1266 Arae)
                  >
                  > Al Durajah (Gamma Ophiuchi)
                  >
                  > Iron Star (XX Ophiuchi, so nicknamed for its
                  > extraordinarily high iron content)
                  >
                  > RS Ophiuchi (cataclysmic variable)
                  >
                  > Pistol Star (V4647 Sagittarii, a unusually hot star
                  > within the Pistol Nebula)
                  >
                  > Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)
                  >
                  > Terzan 5 (Sagittarii; globular cluster containing the
                  > pulsar Terzan 5ad [formally PSR J1748-2446ad], a
                  > "millisecond pulsar" which is the fastest known
                  > spinning pulsar at 716 times per second)
                  >
                  > Box Nebula (NGC 6445 Sagittarii)
                  >
                  > Silkworm Nebula (CRL 5385 Sagittarii)
                  >
                  > Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)
                  >
                  > Galactic Center (Sagittarius A* Sagittarii)
                  >
                  > Apollyon (Iota-1 Scorpii)
                  >
                  > Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
                  >
                  > Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii)
                  >
                  > *Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Cluster)

                  hammering away at something (in a negative sense)

                  > Ceres
                  >

                  > *Apis (33 Arietis; marks the obsolete constellation
                  > Apis the Bee)

                  laboring for the hive, having to do with bees

                  > *Lilium (35 Arietis; marks the obsolete constellation
                  > Lilium the Lily)

                  concern with purity

                  (of food? of other consumer goods? of doctrine?)

                  > ET Cluster (NGC 457 Cassiopeiae, an open cluster
                  > around Psi Cassiopeiae)

                  having to do with the search (or establishment) of extraterrestrial life

                  (the Phoenix space probe going to Mars)

                  > *Lucida Horologii (Alpha Horologii; the brightest star
                  > in Horologium the Clock)
                  >

                  > Pallas
                  >

                  > *Honda's Star (V1500 Cygni, aka Nova Cygni 1975)

                  mass insanity

                  (Congress giving in to Bush on domestic spying, the flap over the
                  bungled vote in the House)

                  > *Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)
                  >
                  > Shih (Sigma Pegasi)
                  >
                  > Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)
                  >

                  > Juno
                  >

                  > *Mufrid (Eta Bootis)
                  >

                  > Vesta
                  >

                  > Lucida Circini (Alpha Circini, the brightest star in
                  > Circinus the Drafting Compass)
                  >
                  > *Circinus Pulsar (PSR B1509-58 Circini)
                  >
                  > *Zodet's Planetary (ESO:135-PN4 Circini; nebula)

                  concern with people not being qualified or authorized (like illegal
                  aliens)

                  > Yed Posterior (Epsilon Ophiuchi)

                  keeping something dangerous under control, having a bad reputation

                  > Acrab (Beta Scorpii)
                  >
                  > Isidis (Delta Scorpii)
                  >
                  > Vrischika (Pi Scorpii)
                  >
                  > Fang (Rho Scorpii)
                  >
                  > *Jabhat al Akrab (Omega-1 Scorpii)

                  branded dangerous

                  > 18 Scorpii

                  reaching out and not catching something

                  > Chiron
                  >

                  > Albulaan Borealis (Mu Aquarii)

                  expected to swallow something?

                  > Armus (Eta Capricorni)

                  to badger about something

                  > Dorsum (Theta Capricorni)
                  >
                  > CH Cygni
                  >
                  > Cygnus X-1 (famous black hole)

                  free yourself from attachment to results

                  > Veil Nebula (NGC 6960 Cygni)
                  >
                  > Deneb Dulfim (Epsilon Delphini)

                  gone, gotten away

                  > North Node
                  >

                  > Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)

                  having to do with the homeless (like Katrina victims--those toxic FEMA
                  trailers)

                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 5, 2007

                    > As of midnight GMT in London.
                    >

                    > Asterisks indicate new alignments
                    >

                    > Jupiter
                    >

                    > Kuma (Nu-1 Draconis)
                    >
                    > Han (Zeta Ophiuchi)

                    trouble, disgrace

                    (Lindsay Lohan? Barry Bonds?)

                    > Rho Ophiuchi
                    >
                    > Antares (Alpha Scorpii)

                    zeal, passion

                    > Shark's Jaws Nebula (King 1-3 Scorpii)
                    >
                    > Gatria (Gamma Trianguli Australe)
                    >

                    > Saturn
                    >

                    > *Ukdah (Tau-2 Hydrae)
                    >
                    > CW Leonis (aka the Peanut Nebula, the Peanut Nebula of
                    > Leo)
                    >
                    > Malus (Gamma Pyxidis, marking the obsolete
                    > constellation Malus, the Mast of the Ship Argo)
                    >

                    > Uranus
                    >

                    > *Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)
                    >
                    > Shih (Sigma Pegasi)
                    >
                    > Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)
                    >

                    > Neptune
                    >

                    > LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable aka nova)
                    >
                    > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)
                    >
                    > Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)
                    >
                    > Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)
                    >
                    > S Doradus
                    >
                    > Al Faras al Thani (Lambda Equulei)

                    Arabic = the second horse

                    (Obama, who's stuck in second in the Democratic presidential race?)

                    > Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; marking the obsolete
                    > constellation Phoenicopterus the Flamingo, now known
                    > as Grus the Crane)
                    >
                    > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)
                    >

                    > Pluto
                    >

                    > Mu Arae (has exoplanets)
                    >
                    > Thackeray's Planetary (nebula; IC 1266 Arae)
                    >
                    > Al Durajah (Gamma Ophiuchi)
                    >
                    > Iron Star (XX Ophiuchi, so nicknamed for its
                    > extraordinarily high iron content)
                    >
                    > RS Ophiuchi (cataclysmic variable)
                    >
                    > Pistol Star (V4647 Sagittarii, a unusually hot star
                    > within the Pistol Nebula)
                    >
                    > Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)
                    >
                    > Terzan 5 (Sagittarii; globular cluster containing the
                    > pulsar Terzan 5ad [formally PSR J1748-2446ad], a
                    > "millisecond pulsar" which is the fastest known
                    > spinning pulsar at 716 times per second)
                    >
                    > Box Nebula (NGC 6445 Sagittarii)
                    >
                    > Silkworm Nebula (CRL 5385 Sagittarii)
                    >
                    > Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)
                    >
                    > Galactic Center (Sagittarius A* Sagittarii)
                    >
                    > --->Apollyon (Iota-1 Scorpii)
                    >
                    > --->Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)

                    concern with destruction (or impeachment--Apollyon is Greek for destroyer)

                    > Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii)
                    >
                    > *Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Cluster)
                    >

                    > Ceres
                    >

                    > *Apis (33 Arietis; marks the obsolete constellation
                    > Apis the Bee)
                    >
                    > *Lilium (35 Arietis; marks the obsolete constellation
                    > Lilium the Lily)
                    >
                    > ET Cluster (NGC 457 Cassiopeiae, an open cluster
                    > around Psi Cassiopeiae)
                    >
                    > *Lucida Horologii (Alpha Horologii; the brightest star
                    > in Horologium the Clock)

                    concern with timing, scheduling, or history

                    > Pallas
                    >

                    > *Honda's Star (V1500 Cygni, aka Nova Cygni 1975)
                    >
                    > *Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)
                    >
                    > Shih (Sigma Pegasi)
                    >
                    > Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)
                    >

                    > Juno
                    >

                    > *Mufrid (Eta Bootis)

                    Arabic = solitary

                    (standing alone, few or no friends)

                    > Vesta
                    >

                    > Lucida Circini (Alpha Circini, the brightest star in
                    > Circinus the Drafting Compass)
                    >
                    > *Circinus Pulsar (PSR B1509-58 Circini)
                    >
                    > *Zodet's Planetary (ESO:135-PN4 Circini; nebula)
                    >
                    > Yed Posterior (Epsilon Ophiuchi)
                    >
                    > --->Acrab (Beta Scorpii)
                    >
                    > --->Isidis (Delta Scorpii)
                    >
                    > --->Vrischika (Pi Scorpii)
                    >
                    > --->Fang (Rho Scorpii)

                    a lot of bad blood or ugliness

                    > *Jabhat al Akrab (Omega-1 Scorpii)
                    >
                    > 18 Scorpii
                    >

                    > Chiron
                    >

                    > Albulaan Borealis (Mu Aquarii)
                    >
                    > Armus (Eta Capricorni)
                    >
                    > Dorsum (Theta Capricorni)
                    >
                    > CH Cygni
                    >
                    > Cygnus X-1 (famous black hole)
                    >
                    > Veil Nebula (NGC 6960 Cygni)
                    >
                    > Deneb Dulfim (Epsilon Delphini)
                    >

                    > North Node
                    >

                    > Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)
                    >
                    > Ruchba (Omega-2 Cygni)
                    >
                    > Piazzi's Flying Star (61 Cygni)
                    >
                    > Pelican Nebula (IC 5070 Cygni)

                    concern with nurturance or with Louisiana, the Pelican state (maybe both)

                    > Biham (Theta Pegasi)

                    Arabic = livestock

                    (like the livestock in Britain that are likely going to be destroyed
                    due to the foot-in-mouth disease outbreak there?)

                    > CC Sculptoris (cataclysmic variable)

                    concern with surveillance, spying, lasting damage to civil rights

                    > South Node
                    >

                    > Thuban (Alpha Draconis)
                    >
                    > *Shir (Rho Leonis)

                    Persian = lion

                    (having to do with Iran?)

                    > NGC 3377 (Leonis; galaxy with suspected black hole
                    > near 52 Leonis)
                    >
                    > SW Sextantis (cataclysmic variable)
                    >
                    > -->*Alula Boreale (Nu Ursae Majoris)
                    >
                    > -->Alula Australe (Xi Ursae Majoris)

                    concern with support from others in order to move forward or climb
                    (like in the US presidential race or the Polish government, or maybe
                    the Pakistani and Nepalese governments also)

                    > CU Velorum (cataclysmic variable)

                    concern with surveillance or spying