Fixed star alignments (July 22, 2007)

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 22, 2007
      As of midnight GMT in London.

      Asterisks indicate new alignments (which didn't exist
      a week ago today with a 1 00' orb).

      Jupiter

      *Kuma (Nu-1 Draconis)

      Han (Zeta Ophiuchi)

      Rho Ophiuchi

      Antares (Alpha Scorpii)

      *Shark's Jaws Nebula (King 1-3 Scorpii)

      *Gatria (Gamma Trianguli Australe)

      Saturn

      Subra (Omicron Leonis)

      CW Leonis (aka the Peanut Nebula, the Peanut Nebula of
      Leo)

      Lucida Pictoris (Alpha Pictoris)

      *Malus (Gamma Pyxidis, marking the obsolete
      constellation Malus, the Mast of the Ship Argo)

      Uranus

      Shih (Sigma Pegasi)

      Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)

      Neptune

      LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)

      Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)

      *Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)

      *Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)

      S Doradus

      Al Faras al Thani (Lambda Equulei)

      Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; marking the obsolete
      constellation Phoenicopterus the Flamingo, now known
      as Grus the Crane)

      VW Hydri

      TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)

      Pluto

      Mu Arae (has exoplanets)

      Thackeray's Planetary (nebula; IC 1266 Arae)

      Al Durajah (Gamma Ophiuchi)

      *Iron Star (XX Ophiuchi, so nicknamed for its
      extraordinarily high iron content)

      RS Ophiuchi (cataclysmic variable)

      Pistol Star (V4647 Sagittarii, a unusually hot star
      within the Pistol Nebula)

      Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)

      Terzan 5 (Sagittarii; globular cluster containing the
      pulsar Terzan 5ad [formally PSR J1748-2446ad], a
      "millisecond pulsar" which is the fastest known
      spinning pulsar at 716 times per second)

      Box Nebula (NGC 6445 Sagittarii)

      Silkworm Nebula (CRL 5385 Sagittarii)

      Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)

      Galactic Center (Sagittarius A* Sagittarii)

      Apollyon (Iota-1 Scorpii)

      Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)

      Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii)

      Ceres

      *Almach (Gamma Andromedae)

      *Koleon (Mu Arietis)

      *Vespa (30 Arietis; marking the obsolete constellation
      Vespa the Wasp)

      *Teegarden's Star (SO025300.5+165258 Arietis, a nearby
      high-proper-motion star)

      *Cih (Gamma Cassiopeiae)

      *ET Cluster (NGC 457 Cassiopeiae, an open cluster
      around Psi Cassiopeiae)

      *Menkar (Alpha Ceti)

      *Black Hole Binary (3C75 Ceti; a pair of colliding
      black holes in the galaxy cluster Abell 400)

      *Zibal (Zeta Eridani)

      *Little Dumbbell Nebula (M-76 Persei)

      *WY Trianguli (cataclysmic variable)

      Pallas

      Shih (Sigma Pegasi)

      Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)

      Juno

      *Seginus (Gamma Bootis)

      *Kraz (Beta Corvi)

      Vesta

      Lucida Circini (Alpha Circini, the brightest star in
      Circinus the Drafting Compass)

      *Keyhole Planetary (MRSL 252 Normae)

      (MRSL = The MRSL Comparison Catalog of H-II Regions,
      written by Pavla Marsalkova of the Stefanik
      Observatory in Prague)

      *Yed Prior (Delta Ophiuchi)

      *Yed Posterior (Epsilon Ophiuchi)

      Acrab (Beta Scorpii)

      Isidis (Delta Scorpii)

      Vrischika (Pi Scorpii)

      Fang (Rho Scorpii)

      18 Scorpii

      Chiron

      *Albulaan Borealis (Mu Aquarii)

      *Armus (Eta Capricorni)

      Dorsum (Theta Capricorni)

      CH Cygni

      *Cygnus X-1 (famous black hole)

      Veil Nebula (NGC 6960 Cygni)

      Deneb Dulfim (Epsilon Delphini)

      North Node

      *Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)

      Seat (Pi Aquarii)

      Ruchba (Omega-2 Cygni)

      Piazzi's Flying Star (61 Cygni)

      Pelican Nebula (IC 5070 Cygni)

      *Biham (Theta Pegasi)

      CC Sculptoris (cataclysmic variable)

      South Node

      Thuban (Alpha Draconis)

      M-105 (Leonis; galaxy with suspected black hole
      between 52 and 53 Leonis)

      NGC 3377 (Leonis; galaxy with suspected black hole
      near 52 Leonis)

      SW Sextantis (cataclysmic variable)

      Alula Australe (Xi Ursae Majoris)

      CU Velorum (cataclysmic variable)

      Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
      http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 5, 2007

        > As of midnight GMT in London.
        >

        > Asterisks indicate new alignments
        >

        > Jupiter
        >

        > *Kuma (Nu-1 Draconis)
        >
        > Han (Zeta Ophiuchi)
        >
        > Rho Ophiuchi
        >
        > Antares (Alpha Scorpii)
        >
        > *Shark's Jaws Nebula (King 1-3 Scorpii)

        shark attacks, swimming with sharks, getting "eaten alive"

        > *Gatria (Gamma Trianguli Australe)

        false prophets?

        > Saturn
        >

        > Subra (Omicron Leonis)
        >
        > CW Leonis (aka the Peanut Nebula, the Peanut Nebula of
        > Leo)

        having to do with championing people who have nothing or next to nothing?

        > Lucida Pictoris (Alpha Pictoris)

        to depict

        > *Malus (Gamma Pyxidis, marking the obsolete
        > constellation Malus, the Mast of the Ship Argo)

        to hang, to show allegiance

        > Uranus
        >

        > Shih (Sigma Pegasi)
        >
        > Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)
        >

        > Neptune
        >

        > LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)

        overcoming evil, which is turned to success; danger from beasts

        (Harry Potter?)

        > *Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)

        malevolence, destructiveness, violence

        > *Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)

        poor vision regarding Islam?

        > S Doradus
        >
        > Al Faras al Thani (Lambda Equulei)
        >
        > Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; marking the obsolete
        > constellation Phoenicopterus the Flamingo, now known
        > as Grus the Crane)
        >
        > VW Hydri
        >
        > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)
        >

        > Pluto
        >

        > Mu Arae (has exoplanets)
        >
        > Thackeray's Planetary (nebula; IC 1266 Arae)
        >
        > Al Durajah (Gamma Ophiuchi)

        Arabic = the charioteer

        (having to do with racing or a race?)

        > *Iron Star (XX Ophiuchi, so nicknamed for its
        > extraordinarily high iron content)

        made of iron

        > RS Ophiuchi (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Pistol Star (V4647 Sagittarii, a unusually hot star
        > within the Pistol Nebula)
        >
        > Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Terzan 5 (Sagittarii; globular cluster containing the
        > pulsar Terzan 5ad [formally PSR J1748-2446ad], a
        > "millisecond pulsar" which is the fastest known
        > spinning pulsar at 716 times per second)
        >
        > Box Nebula (NGC 6445 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Silkworm Nebula (CRL 5385 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Galactic Center (Sagittarius A* Sagittarii)
        >
        > Apollyon (Iota-1 Scorpii)
        >
        > Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
        >
        > Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii)
        >

        > Ceres
        >

        > *Almach (Gamma Andromedae)

        having to do with attainment in the arts

        (JK Rowling?)

        > *Koleon (Mu Arietis)

        Greek = sheath

        (keeping a weapon sheathed)

        > *Vespa (30 Arietis; marking the obsolete constellation
        > Vespa the Wasp)

        attacks, being nasty, being swarmed or mobbed

        > *Teegarden's Star (SO025300.5+165258 Arietis, a nearby
        > high-proper-motion star)

        I seem to remember this star is not a very positive influence

        > *Cih (Gamma Cassiopeiae)

        Chinese = whip

        (whipped, punished, spurred on)

        > *ET Cluster (NGC 457 Cassiopeiae, an open cluster
        > around Psi Cassiopeiae)
        >
        > *Menkar (Alpha Ceti)

        gobbled up, victimized

        > *Black Hole Binary (3C75 Ceti; a pair of colliding
        > black holes in the galaxy cluster Abell 400)

        things that are both compelling and both compete for attention

        > *Zibal (Zeta Eridani)

        Arabic = ostriches

        (people who refuse to face reality)

        > *Little Dumbbell Nebula (M-76 Persei)

        a young person acting in a not very smart way

        (kind of sounds like Lindsay Lohan)

        > *WY Trianguli (cataclysmic variable)

        "why"? or maybe things having to do with Wyoming (whose official
        abbreviation is WY)

        > Pallas
        >

        > Shih (Sigma Pegasi)
        >
        > Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)
        >

        > Juno
        >

        > *Seginus (Gamma Bootis)

        losing through associating with the wrong people

        > *Kraz (Beta Corvi)

        Arabic = the claw

        (clawed, grabbed)

        > Vesta
        >

        > Lucida Circini (Alpha Circini, the brightest star in
        > Circinus the Drafting Compass)

        circumscribed, made an outcast

        > *Keyhole Planetary (MRSL 252 Normae)
        >
        > (MRSL = The MRSL Comparison Catalog of H-II Regions,
        > written by Pavla Marsalkova of the Stefanik
        > Observatory in Prague)

        peeking, spying

        > *Yed Prior (Delta Ophiuchi)

        "immorality, shamelessness, revolution" (Robson)

        ?

        ?