Re: Japans nuclear reactor may be the big issue?

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 17 1:08 PM

      > we are facing in a few weeks. A china syndrome may ensue?
      > article:
      > http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070717/ap_on_re_as/japan_quake

      My take on nuclear power: We can certainly use more electricity that
      doesn't come from oil, gas or coal, but to me the minuses of nuclear
      energy outweigh the pluses. We don't have an effective way of
      disposing of the waste safely; this is not the first reactor accident,
      and it's only a matter of time before we have another really bad one.

      Maybe Diana R.'s workbook has something about nuclear power in it. I'd
      have to look through it again.