Japans nuclear reactor may be the big issue?

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 17, 2007
      we are facing in a few weeks. A china syndrome may ensue?
      article:
      http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070717/ap_on_re_as/japan_quake

      And Yes I too read all the lists, but am at a busy contract right now,
      so not getting to email as much as I would like.

      Beth
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 17, 2007

        > we are facing in a few weeks. A china syndrome may ensue?
        > article:
        > http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070717/ap_on_re_as/japan_quake

        My take on nuclear power: We can certainly use more electricity that
        doesn't come from oil, gas or coal, but to me the minuses of nuclear
        energy outweigh the pluses. We don't have an effective way of
        disposing of the waste safely; this is not the first reactor accident,
        and it's only a matter of time before we have another really bad one.

        Maybe Diana R.'s workbook has something about nuclear power in it. I'd
        have to look through it again.