Some deep-sky object positions

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2007
      I've mentioned these as aligned with one object or another recently.

      M-80 (Scorpii): a globular cluster in the Scorpion's head.

      M-105 (Leonis) is in the abdomen of the Lion, about halfway between
      Regulus and Theta Leonis.

      M-106 (Canum Venaticorum) is a galaxy south of 3 Canum Venaticorum in
      (I think) the tail of the northern of the two Hunting Dogs, Asterion.

      Leo II Dwarf Galaxy (Uppsala 6253 or UGC 6253) is located just north
      of Zosma, above the Lion's rump.

      Coddington Nebula (IC 2574 Ursae Majoris): north of Dubhe in the Big
      Dipper, about halfway between Dubhe and the border with
      Camelopardalis, that is, about halfway between the Great Bear's butt
      and the Giraffe's head.

      RCW 103 Normae, a supernova remnant and X-ray source, is just south of
      Gamma-2 Normae, in the square part of Norma (which represents a ruler
      and square, both measuring tools used in construction).

      http://www.eurekalert.org/multimedia/pub/1380.php

      http://www.ianridpath.com/startales/image/norma.JPG