Fixed star alignments (June 17, 2007)

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 17, 2007
      As of noon CDT.

      Asterisks indicate new alignments (that weren't here a
      week ago today with a 1 00' orb).

      Jupiter

      RR Chamaeleontis (cataclysmic variable)

      Water Fountain Nebula (IRAS 16342-3814 Scorpii)

      Great Attractor (Abell 3627 Trianguli Australe)

      Saturn

      Raselased Australis (Epsilon Leonis)

      *Raselased Borealis (Mu Leonis)

      Tania Australis (Mu Ursae Majoris)

      *Pherkad Minor (11 Ursae Minoris)

      Uranus

      Shih (Sigma Pegasi)

      Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)

      Neptune

      LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)

      Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)

      Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)

      S Doradus

      Gruid (Beta Gruis)

      VW Hydri

      TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)

      Pluto

      Mu Arae (star with exoplanets)

      Thackeray's Planetary (nebula; IC 1266 Arae)

      Etamin (Gamma Draconis)

      Rukbalgethi Genubi (Theta Herculis)

      AH Mensae (cataclysmic variable)

      *Al Durajah (Gamma Ophiuchi)

      RS Ophiuchi (cataclysmic variable)

      Pistol Star (V4647 Sagittarii)

      Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii)

      Integral X-Ray Nova 2006 (IGR J17497-2821 Sagittarii)

      Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)

      Box Nebula (NGC 6445 Sagittarii)

      Silkworm Nebula (CRL 5385 Sagittarii)

      Apollyon (Iota-1 Scorpii)

      Basanismus (G Scorpii)

      Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii; a pulsar)

      Terzan 5 (Sagittarii; globular cluster containing the
      pulsar Terzan 5ad [formally PSR J1748-2446ad], a
      "millisecond pulsar" which is the fastest known
      spinning pulsar at 716 times per second)

      Ceres

      *M-33 (Andromedae; an elliptical galaxy which is a
      companion of M-31, aka the Andromeda Galaxy, aka
      Vertex)

      *Sharatan (Beta Arietis)

      *Mesarthim (Gamma Arietis)

      *DK Cassiopeiae (cataclysmic variable)

      *Al Wahat (Iota Cephei)

      *Fornacis (Alpha Fornacis)

      *Al Sadr al Ketus (Pi Ceti)

      *M-33 (Trianguli; the Triangulum Spiral, the third
      major member of the Local Group of galaxies, along
      with M-31 and our own galaxy, the Milky Way Galaxy)

      Pallas

      Shih (Sigma Pegasi)

      Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)

      Juno

      Alchiba (Alpha Corvi)

      Minkar (Epsilon Corvi)

      The Stargate (Harrington STAR 20 Corvi, a small
      asterism)

      Octopus Nebula (Drilling 1 Velorum, aka ESO 215-04)

      Auva (Delta Virginis)

      *Jaws (Harrington STAR 21 Virginis, another small
      asterism on the STAR list originally compiled by
      Philip Harrington)

      Vesta

      *Mamajek 1 (Eta Chamaeleontis and associated open
      cluster)

      *Circinus Pulsar (PSR B1509-58 Circini)

      *Zodet's Planetary (ESO:135-PN4 Circini, a planetary
      nebula named for its discoverer, European Southern
      Observatory photographer Herbert Zodet)

      *Turtle Nebula (NGC 6210 Herculis)

      IM Normae (cataclysmic variable)

      Marfik (Lambda Ophiuchi)

      *Jabbah (Nu Scorpii)

      *Jabhat al Akrab (Omega-1 Scorpii)

      Chiron

      Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)

      Hole-In-A-Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni)

      Kwa Chaou (Zeta Delphini)

      Al Kaud (Eta Delphini)

      Al Amud al Salib (Iota Delphini)

      Pae Chaou (Kappa Delphini)

      Alnair (Alpha Gruis)

      North Node

      *Skat (Delta Aquarii)

      *Sadalajir (Zeta-1 Aquarii)

      Hydria (Eta Aquarii)

      Situla (Kappa Aquarii)

      *North America Nebula (NGC 7000 Cygni)

      Magic Carpet Nebula (NGC 7027 Cygni)

      Kin Yu (Epsilon Doradus)

      WX Hydri (cataclysmic variable)

      South Node

      *Theta Antliae

      M-106 (Canum Venaticorum; galaxy with suspected black
      hole)

      Leo II Galaxy (UGC [or Uppsala] 6253 Leonis)

      *Alioth (aka Benetnash; Eta Ursae Majoris)

      *Coddington Nebula (IC 2574 Ursae Majoris)

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 28, 2007

        > As of noon CDT.
        >

        > Asterisks indicate new alignments
        >

        > Jupiter
        >

        > RR Chamaeleontis (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Water Fountain Nebula (IRAS 16342-3814 Scorpii)
        >
        > Great Attractor (Abell 3627 Trianguli Australe)
        >

        > Saturn
        >

        > Raselased Australis (Epsilon Leonis)
        >
        > *Raselased Borealis (Mu Leonis)

        nasty political talk

        > Tania Australis (Mu Ursae Majoris)
        >
        > *Pherkad Minor (11 Ursae Minoris)

        Arabic/Latin = the little calf

        > Uranus
        >

        > Shih (Sigma Pegasi)
        >
        > Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)
        >

        > Neptune
        >

        > LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)
        >
        > Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)
        >
        > S Doradus
        >
        > Gruid (Beta Gruis)
        >
        > VW Hydri
        >
        > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)
        >

        > Pluto
        >

        > Mu Arae (star with exoplanets)
        >
        > Thackeray's Planetary (nebula; IC 1266 Arae)
        >
        > Etamin (Gamma Draconis)
        >
        > Rukbalgethi Genubi (Theta Herculis)
        >
        > AH Mensae (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > *Al Durajah (Gamma Ophiuchi)

        Arabic = the charioteer(?)

        > RS Ophiuchi (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Pistol Star (V4647 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Integral X-Ray Nova 2006 (IGR J17497-2821 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Box Nebula (NGC 6445 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Silkworm Nebula (CRL 5385 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Apollyon (Iota-1 Scorpii)
        >
        > Basanismus (G Scorpii)
        >
        > Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii; a pulsar)
        >
        > Terzan 5 (Sagittarii; globular cluster containing the
        > pulsar Terzan 5ad [formally PSR J1748-2446ad], a
        > "millisecond pulsar" which is the fastest known
        > spinning pulsar at 716 times per second)
        >

        > Ceres
        >

        > *M-33 (Andromedae; an elliptical galaxy which is a
        > companion of M-31, aka the Andromeda Galaxy, aka
        > Vertex)

        Andromeda Galaxy: "It causes blindness, injuries to the eyes, sickness
        and a violent death." (Robson)

        Maybe this is an extension of M-31?

        > *Sharatan (Beta Arietis)

        "It causes bodily injuries, unscrupulous defeat, destruction by fire,
        war or earthquake." (Robson)

        > *Mesarthim (Gamma Arietis)

        Hebrew = "ministers" (possibly)

        (protective or administrative)

        "Daredevils and bold, danger is indicated when acting impulsively and
        in a foolhardy way." (Ebertin)

        > *DK Cassiopeiae (cataclysmic variable)

        saying nasty things

        > *Al Wahat (Iota Cephei)

        Arabic = the oasis

        > *Fornacis (Alpha Fornacis)

        Latin = of the furnace

        (making something hot or burning it up?)

        > *Al Sadr al Ketus (Pi Ceti)

        Arabic/Latin = the breast of the whale

        > *M-33 (Trianguli; the Triangulum Spiral, the third
        > major member of the Local Group of galaxies, along
        > with M-31 and our own galaxy, the Milky Way Galaxy)

        probably refers to some sort of impairment of sight, since it's a galaxy.

        Triangulum: "It gives a just, companionable, truthful, righteous and
        benevolent nature with an interest in architecture and Freemasonry."
        (Robson)

        (an excessive preoccupation with correctness or legality?)

        > Pallas
        >

        > Shih (Sigma Pegasi)
        >
        > Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)
        >

        > Juno
        >

        > Alchiba (Alpha Corvi)

        Arabic = tent

        (concern with inclusion?)

        > Minkar (Epsilon Corvi)

        Arabic = nostril

        (smelling out prey?)

        > The Stargate (Harrington STAR 20 Corvi, a small
        > asterism)
        >
        > Octopus Nebula (Drilling 1 Velorum, aka ESO 215-04)
        >
        > Auva (Delta Virginis)
        >
        > *Jaws (Harrington STAR 21 Virginis, another small
        > asterism on the STAR list originally compiled by
        > Philip Harrington)

        having to do with sharks or other predatory animals (bears, perhaps?)

        > Vesta
        >

        > *Mamajek 1 (Eta Chamaeleontis and associated open
        > cluster)

        in the Chameleon's (prehensile) tail

        (with all the adaptations one makes, some form of consistency is required)

        > *Circinus Pulsar (PSR B1509-58 Circini)
        >
        > *Zodet's Planetary (ESO:135-PN4 Circini, a planetary
        > nebula named for its discoverer, European Southern
        > Observatory photographer Herbert Zodet)

        I think I posted on these two earlier

        > *Turtle Nebula (NGC 6210 Herculis)

        slow but steady

        > IM Normae (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Marfik (Lambda Ophiuchi)

        Arabic = elbow

        (elbowed aside)

        > *Jabbah (Nu Scorpii)

        Arabic = forehead

        > *Jabhat al Akrab (Omega-1 Scorpii)

        Arabic = the forehead of the scorpion

        (branded dangerous?)

        > Chiron
        >

        > Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
        >
        > Hole-In-A-Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni)
        >
        > Kwa Chaou (Zeta Delphini)
        >
        > Al Kaud (Eta Delphini)
        >
        > Al Amud al Salib (Iota Delphini)
        >
        > Pae Chaou (Kappa Delphini)
        >
        > Alnair (Alpha Gruis)
        >

        > North Node
        >

        > *Skat (Delta Aquarii)

        "Safety in a deluge." (Noonan)

        "...good fortune and lasting happiness." (Robson)

        > *Sadalajir (Zeta-1 Aquarii)

        Arabic = worker for or servant of the king (?)

        > Hydria (Eta Aquarii)

        Greek = water jar

        > Situla (Kappa Aquarii)

        trying to do something with limited means

        > *North America Nebula (NGC 7000 Cygni)

        kind of a negative influence

        > Magic Carpet Nebula (NGC 7027 Cygni)
        >
        > Kin Yu (Epsilon Doradus)
        >
        > WX Hydri (cataclysmic variable)
        >

        > South Node
        >

        > *Theta Antliae

        marks the part of Antlia the Air-Pump that connects to the hose that
        conducts air out (or in)

        (to inflate or make a vacuum)

        ?

        > Leo II Galaxy (UGC [or Uppsala] 6253 Leonis)

        ?

        > *Alioth (aka Benetnash; Eta Ursae Majoris)

        actually, Epsilon Ursae Majoris, and Benetnash is an alternate name
        for Alkaid (Eta Ursae Majoris)--sorry.

        fiascos, misfortunes brought on by associates or colleagues

        > *Coddington Nebula (IC 2574 Ursae Majoris)

        Here's another one I'm going to have to figure out.

        Elaboration on some of this stuff will have to wait till later (as
        happens much, probably due to the volume of information and all the
        other stuff I need to do).

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 5, 2007

          > > As of noon CDT.
          > >

          > > Asterisks indicate new alignments
          > >

          > > Jupiter
          > >

          > > RR Chamaeleontis (cataclysmic variable)
          > >
          > > Water Fountain Nebula (IRAS 16342-3814 Scorpii)
          > >
          > > Great Attractor (Abell 3627 Trianguli Australe)
          > >

          > > Saturn
          > >

          > > Raselased Australis (Epsilon Leonis)
          > >
          > > *Raselased Borealis (Mu Leonis)
          >

          > nasty political talk
          >

          > > Tania Australis (Mu Ursae Majoris)
          > >
          > > *Pherkad Minor (11 Ursae Minoris)
          >

          > Arabic/Latin = the little calf
          >

          > > Uranus
          > >

          > > Shih (Sigma Pegasi)
          > >
          > > Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)
          > >

          > > Neptune
          > >

          > > LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)
          > >
          > > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)
          > >
          > > Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)
          > >
          > > S Doradus
          > >
          > > Gruid (Beta Gruis)
          > >
          > > VW Hydri
          > >
          > > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)
          > >

          > > Pluto
          > >

          > > Mu Arae (star with exoplanets)
          > >
          > > Thackeray's Planetary (nebula; IC 1266 Arae)
          > >
          > > Etamin (Gamma Draconis)
          > >
          > > Rukbalgethi Genubi (Theta Herculis)
          > >
          > > AH Mensae (cataclysmic variable)
          > >
          > > *Al Durajah (Gamma Ophiuchi)
          >

          > Arabic = the charioteer(?)
          >

          > > RS Ophiuchi (cataclysmic variable)
          > >
          > > Pistol Star (V4647 Sagittarii)
          > >
          > > Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii)
          > >
          > > Integral X-Ray Nova 2006 (IGR J17497-2821 Sagittarii)
          > >
          > > Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)
          > >
          > > Box Nebula (NGC 6445 Sagittarii)
          > >
          > > Silkworm Nebula (CRL 5385 Sagittarii)
          > >
          > > Apollyon (Iota-1 Scorpii)
          > >
          > > Basanismus (G Scorpii)
          > >
          > > Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii; a pulsar)
          > >
          > > Terzan 5 (Sagittarii; globular cluster containing the
          > > pulsar Terzan 5ad [formally PSR J1748-2446ad], a
          > > "millisecond pulsar" which is the fastest known
          > > spinning pulsar at 716 times per second)
          > >

          > > Ceres
          > >

          > > *M-33 (Andromedae; an elliptical galaxy which is a
          > > companion of M-31, aka the Andromeda Galaxy, aka
          > > Vertex)
          >
          > Andromeda Galaxy: "It causes blindness, injuries to the eyes, sickness
          > and a violent death." (Robson)
          >
          > Maybe this is an extension of M-31?
          >

          > > *Sharatan (Beta Arietis)
          >

          > "It causes bodily injuries, unscrupulous defeat, destruction by fire,
          > war or earthquake." (Robson)
          >

          > > *Mesarthim (Gamma Arietis)
          >

          > Hebrew = "ministers" (possibly)
          >
          > (protective or administrative)
          >
          > "Daredevils and bold, danger is indicated when acting impulsively and
          > in a foolhardy way." (Ebertin)
          >

          > > *DK Cassiopeiae (cataclysmic variable)
          >
          > saying nasty things
          >

          > > *Al Wahat (Iota Cephei)
          >

          > Arabic = the oasis

          an island of peace or stability

          > > *Fornacis (Alpha Fornacis)
          >

          > Latin = of the furnace
          >

          > (making something hot or burning it up?)
          >

          > > *Al Sadr al Ketus (Pi Ceti)
          >

          > Arabic/Latin = the breast of the whale

          the heart of the whale?

> [...]
          > >

          > > South Node
          > >

          > > *Theta Antliae
          >
          > marks the part of Antlia the Air-Pump that connects to the hose that
          > conducts air out (or in)
          >
          > (to inflate or make a vacuum)
          >

          > > M-106 (Canum Venaticorum; galaxy with suspected black
          > > hole)
          >
          > ?
          >

          > > Leo II Galaxy (UGC [or Uppsala] 6253 Leonis)
          >

          > ?
          >

          > > *Alioth (aka Benetnash; Eta Ursae Majoris)
          >
          > actually, Epsilon Ursae Majoris, and Benetnash is an alternate name
          > for Alkaid (Eta Ursae Majoris)--sorry.
          >
          > fiascos, misfortunes brought on by associates or colleagues
          >

          > > *Coddington Nebula (IC 2574 Ursae Majoris)
          > >

          > Here's another one I'm going to have to figure out.
          >

          > Elaboration on some of this stuff will have to wait till later (as
          > happens much, probably due to the volume of information and all the

          I'm still trying...