Re: Fixed star alignments (June 3, 2007)

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 10, 2007

      > As of noon CDT.
      >

      > Asterisks indicate new alignments
      >

      > Jupiter
      >

      > *Lucida Apodis (Alpha Apodis; the brightest star in
      > Apus the Bird of Paradise)

      out of touch, delusional, flying around

      > *RR Chamaeleontis (cataclysmic variable)

      forced to adapt or kowtow

      > *Sarin (Delta Herculis)

      poisonous

      > Wei (Epsilon Scorpii)
      >

      > Saturn
      >

      > *Raselased Australis (Epsilon Leonis)

      having to do with expression, callousness and cruelty, or both

      > Merak (Beta Ursae Majoris)
      >
      > Tania Borealis (Lambda Ursae Majoris)
      >

      > Uranus
      >

      > Shih (Sigma Pegasi)
      >
      > Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)
      >

      > Neptune
      >

      > LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)
      >
      > Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)
      >
      > Gruid (Beta Gruis)
      >
      > VW Hydri
      >
      > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)
      >

      > Pluto
      >

      > Mu Arae (star with exoplanets)
      >
      > Thackeray's Planetary (nebula; IC 1266 Arae)
      >
      > *Etamin (Gamma Draconis)

      isolation, standing alone

      > Rukbalgethi Genubi (Theta Herculis)
      >
      > AH Mensae
      >
      > RS Ophiuchi (cataclysmic variables)
      >
      > Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii)
      >
      > *Pistol Star (V4647 Sagittarii)

      focus on gun violence and gun control

      > Integral X-Ray Nova 2006 (IGR J17497-2821 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)

      having to do with mice or little things and people

      > Terzan 5 (Sagittarii; globular cluster containing the
      > pulsar Terzan 5ad [formally PSR J1748-2446ad], a
      > "millisecond pulsar" which is the fastest known
      > spinning pulsar at 716 times per second)
      >
      > Box Nebula (NGC 6445 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Apollyon (Iota-1 Scorpii)
      >
      > Basanismus (G Scorpii)
      >
      > Acumen (M-7 Scorpii; Ptolemy's Cluster)
      >

      > Ceres
      >

      > *Pearce's Star (AO Cassiopeiae)

      let me figure out this one

      > *Bubble Nebula (NGC 7635 Cassiopeiae)

      the real estate market in the US going south?

      > *BO Ceti (cataclysmic variable)

      something that stinks?

      > *Alrisha (Alpha Piscium)

      Arabic = the knot (something that binds or ties)

      > *Anunitum (Tau Piscium)

      to water something

      > Pallas
      >

      > *Honda's Star (V1500 Cygni; also known as Nova Cygni
      > 1975, a bright nova discovered by Japanese astronomer
      > Minoru Honda)

      something gone crazy (like the recent failed attempt to depose the
      dictatorial Texas House Speaker Tom Craddick)

      > *Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)

      attracted to something dangerous, having a tendency to self-destruction

      > Homan (Zeta Pegasi)
      >

      > Juno
      >

      > Alchiba (Alpha Corvi)

      Arabic = the tent; on the Crow's beak

      (pecked to death, so to speak, by a group? of low status and picked on)

      > Minkar (Epsilon Corvi)

      on the Crow's head

      (looking for something to grab)

      > Octopus Nebula (Drilling 1 Velorum, aka ESO 215-04)

      feeling strangled, smothered or invaded (human rights and abuse of
      power issues)

      > Auva (Delta Virginis)

      Arabic = the barker

      (to announce or warn loudly)

      > Vesta
      >

      > *Shapley's Ring (Shapley 1 Normae; a nebula)

      dedication to the scientific (as opposed to the religious) viewpoint
      (for example, evolution vs. creationism)

      > *Al Niyat (Sigma Scorpii)

      "the arteries" (concern with one's "lifeblood")

      > Chiron
      >

      > Albulaan Australis (Nu Aquarii)
      >
      > Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
      >
      > Hole-In-A-Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni)
      >
      > *Rotanev (Beta Delphini)
      >
      > Kwa Chaou (Zeta Delphini)
      >
      > Al Kaud (Eta Delphini)
      >
      > Dhanishtra (Theta Delphini)
      >
      > Al Amud al Salib (Iota Delphini)
      >
      > Pae Chaou (Kappa Delphini)
      >
      > Alnair (Alpha Gruis)
      >

      > North Node
      >

      > *Hydria (Eta Aquarii)

      on the Water-Carrier's right biceps (strength to nurture or drown?)

      > Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)

      flooded

      > *Nova Cygni 1992 (V1974 Cygni)
      >
      > *Scovil's Object (Q1991/107 Cygni)
      >
      > *WX Hydri

      waxed, slick

      > *VY Sculptoris (cataclysmic variables)

      to contend to make a mark

      > South Node
      >

      > *M-106 (Canum Venaticorum; galaxy)

      to be figured out

      > *Zosma (Delta Leonis)

      frustration with inability to end the Iraq War?

      > *Leo II Galaxy (UGC [or Uppsala] 6253 Leonis)

      I might have written on this one before

      > *Alsuhail (Lambda Velorum)

      Arabic = "the beautiful" or "the brilliant"

      (concern with celebrity culture?)