Fixed star alignments (June 3, 2007)

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2007
      As of noon CDT.

      Asterisks indicate new alignments (that weren't here a
      week ago today with a 1 00' orb).

      Jupiter

      *Lucida Apodis (Alpha Apodis; the brightest star in
      Apus the Bird of Paradise)

      *Sarin (Delta Herculis)

      Wei (Epsilon Scorpii)

      Saturn

      *RR Chamaeleontis (cataclysmic variable)

      *Raselased Australis (Epsilon Leonis)

      Merak (Beta Ursae Majoris)

      Tania Borealis (Lambda Ursae Majoris)

      Uranus

      Shih (Sigma Pegasi)

      Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)

      Neptune

      LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)

      Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)

      Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)

      Gruid (Beta Gruis)

      VW Hydri

      TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)

      Pluto

      Mu Arae (star with exoplanets)

      Thackeray's Planetary (nebula; IC 1266 Arae)

      *Etamin (Gamma Draconis)

      Rukbalgethi Genubi (Theta Herculis)

      AH Mensae

      RS Ophiuchi (cataclysmic variables)

      Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii)

      *Pistol Star (V4647 Sagittarii)

      Integral X-Ray Nova 2006 (IGR J17497-2821 Sagittarii)

      Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)

      Terzan 5 (Sagittarii; globular cluster containing the
      pulsar Terzan 5ad [formally PSR J1748-2446ad], a
      "millisecond pulsar" which is the fastest known
      spinning pulsar at 716 times per second)

      Box Nebula (NGC 6445 Sagittarii)

      Apollyon (Iota-1 Scorpii)

      Basanismus (G Scorpii)

      Acumen (M-7 Scorpii; Ptolemy's Cluster)

      Ceres

      *Pearce's Star (AO Cassiopeiae)

      *Bubble Nebula (NGC 7635 Cassiopeiae)

      *BO Ceti (cataclysmic variable)

      *Alrisha (Alpha Piscium)

      *Anunitum (Tau Piscium)

      Pallas

      *Honda's Star (V1500 Cygni; also known as Nova Cygni
      1975, a bright nova discovered by Japanese astronomer
      Minoru Honda)

      *Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)

      Homan (Zeta Pegasi)

      Juno

      Alchiba (Alpha Corvi)

      Minkar (Epsilon Corvi)

      Octopus Nebula (Drilling 1 Velorum, aka ESO 215-04)

      Auva (Delta Virginis)

      Vesta

      *Shapley's Ring (Shapley 1 Normae; a nebula)

      *Al Niyat (Sigma Scorpii)

      Chiron

      Albulaan Australis (Nu Aquarii)

      Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)

      Hole-In-A-Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni)

      *Rotanev (Beta Delphini)

      Kwa Chaou (Zeta Delphini)

      Al Kaud (Eta Delphini)

      Dhanishtra (Theta Delphini)

      Al Amud al Salib (Iota Delphini)

      Pae Chaou (Kappa Delphini)

      Alnair (Alpha Gruis)

      North Node

      *Hydria (Eta Aquarii)

      Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)

      *Nova Cygni 1992 (V1974 Cygni)

      *Scovil's Object (Q1991/107 Cygni)

      *WX Hydri

      *VY Sculptoris (cataclysmic variables)

      South Node

      *M-106 (Canum Venaticorum; galaxy)

      *Zosma (Delta Leonis)

      *Leo II Galaxy (UGC [or Uppsala] 6253 Leonis)

      *Alsuhail (Lambda Velorum)

      Get your own web address.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 10, 2007

        > As of noon CDT.
        >

        > Asterisks indicate new alignments
        >

        > Jupiter
        >

        > *Lucida Apodis (Alpha Apodis; the brightest star in
        > Apus the Bird of Paradise)

        out of touch, delusional, flying around

        > *RR Chamaeleontis (cataclysmic variable)

        forced to adapt or kowtow

        > *Sarin (Delta Herculis)

        poisonous

        > Wei (Epsilon Scorpii)
        >

        > Saturn
        >

        > *Raselased Australis (Epsilon Leonis)

        having to do with expression, callousness and cruelty, or both

        > Merak (Beta Ursae Majoris)
        >
        > Tania Borealis (Lambda Ursae Majoris)
        >

        > Uranus
        >

        > Shih (Sigma Pegasi)
        >
        > Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)
        >

        > Neptune
        >

        > LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)
        >
        > Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)
        >
        > Gruid (Beta Gruis)
        >
        > VW Hydri
        >
        > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)
        >

        > Pluto
        >

        > Mu Arae (star with exoplanets)
        >
        > Thackeray's Planetary (nebula; IC 1266 Arae)
        >
        > *Etamin (Gamma Draconis)

        isolation, standing alone

        > Rukbalgethi Genubi (Theta Herculis)
        >
        > AH Mensae
        >
        > RS Ophiuchi (cataclysmic variables)
        >
        > Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii)
        >
        > *Pistol Star (V4647 Sagittarii)

        focus on gun violence and gun control

        > Integral X-Ray Nova 2006 (IGR J17497-2821 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)

        having to do with mice or little things and people

        > Terzan 5 (Sagittarii; globular cluster containing the
        > pulsar Terzan 5ad [formally PSR J1748-2446ad], a
        > "millisecond pulsar" which is the fastest known
        > spinning pulsar at 716 times per second)
        >
        > Box Nebula (NGC 6445 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Apollyon (Iota-1 Scorpii)
        >
        > Basanismus (G Scorpii)
        >
        > Acumen (M-7 Scorpii; Ptolemy's Cluster)
        >

        > Ceres
        >

        > *Pearce's Star (AO Cassiopeiae)

        let me figure out this one

        > *Bubble Nebula (NGC 7635 Cassiopeiae)

        the real estate market in the US going south?

        > *BO Ceti (cataclysmic variable)

        something that stinks?

        > *Alrisha (Alpha Piscium)

        Arabic = the knot (something that binds or ties)

        > *Anunitum (Tau Piscium)

        to water something

        > Pallas
        >

        > *Honda's Star (V1500 Cygni; also known as Nova Cygni
        > 1975, a bright nova discovered by Japanese astronomer
        > Minoru Honda)

        something gone crazy (like the recent failed attempt to depose the
        dictatorial Texas House Speaker Tom Craddick)

        > *Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)

        attracted to something dangerous, having a tendency to self-destruction

        > Homan (Zeta Pegasi)
        >

        > Juno
        >

        > Alchiba (Alpha Corvi)

        Arabic = the tent; on the Crow's beak

        (pecked to death, so to speak, by a group? of low status and picked on)

        > Minkar (Epsilon Corvi)

        on the Crow's head

        (looking for something to grab)

        > Octopus Nebula (Drilling 1 Velorum, aka ESO 215-04)

        feeling strangled, smothered or invaded (human rights and abuse of
        power issues)

        > Auva (Delta Virginis)

        Arabic = the barker

        (to announce or warn loudly)

        > Vesta
        >

        > *Shapley's Ring (Shapley 1 Normae; a nebula)

        dedication to the scientific (as opposed to the religious) viewpoint
        (for example, evolution vs. creationism)

        > *Al Niyat (Sigma Scorpii)

        "the arteries" (concern with one's "lifeblood")

        > Chiron
        >

        > Albulaan Australis (Nu Aquarii)
        >
        > Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
        >
        > Hole-In-A-Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni)
        >
        > *Rotanev (Beta Delphini)
        >
        > Kwa Chaou (Zeta Delphini)
        >
        > Al Kaud (Eta Delphini)
        >
        > Dhanishtra (Theta Delphini)
        >
        > Al Amud al Salib (Iota Delphini)
        >
        > Pae Chaou (Kappa Delphini)
        >
        > Alnair (Alpha Gruis)
        >

        > North Node
        >

        > *Hydria (Eta Aquarii)

        on the Water-Carrier's right biceps (strength to nurture or drown?)

        > Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)

        flooded

        > *Nova Cygni 1992 (V1974 Cygni)
        >
        > *Scovil's Object (Q1991/107 Cygni)
        >
        > *WX Hydri

        waxed, slick

        > *VY Sculptoris (cataclysmic variables)

        to contend to make a mark

        > South Node
        >

        > *M-106 (Canum Venaticorum; galaxy)

        to be figured out

        > *Zosma (Delta Leonis)

        frustration with inability to end the Iraq War?

        > *Leo II Galaxy (UGC [or Uppsala] 6253 Leonis)

        I might have written on this one before

        > *Alsuhail (Lambda Velorum)

        Arabic = "the beautiful" or "the brilliant"

        (concern with celebrity culture?)