is there a fixed star for Publishers?

    Message 1 of 7 , May 7, 2007
      I think Harper collins has lost their minds, I know they have lost my
      patronage and I was going to do a horary about whether or not a
      boycott will do any good and realized I wasn't certain what houses to
      use and if there were some fixed stars that might have something to do
      with either publishing or books etc... I"m assuming 3rd house to
      represent the publisher, but thought I'd ask some questions first
      about thoughts on a horary of this nature and colateral information.

      MissB
    • awc99@mindspring.com
      Message 2 of 7 , May 7, 2007
        Publishing is a business.

        10th house

        Arthyr

        Message 3 of 7 , May 8, 2007
          Re: is there a fixed star for Publishers?

          Re: is there a fixed star for Publishers?
              Posted by: "awc99@..." awc99@... kaldu4you
              Date: Mon May 7, 2007 7:48 pm ((PDT))

          Arthyr sent

          Publishing is a business.

          10th house
          ======================
          I just checked Lee Lehman's Book of Rulerships; there is no listing for
          publishers, but Books are 9th house (Ref: Al-Biruni, William Lilly).

          Sorry, don't know any fised star(s) for publishers. I would need to collect
          data on publishing companies and see whether there is a pattern.

          Love, Diana

          Website: http://ye-stars.com

          Message 4 of 7 , May 8, 2007
            --- Diana K Rosenberg <fixed.stars@...> wrote:

            > Re: is there a fixed star for Publishers?
            > Posted by: "awc99@..."
            > awc99@... kaldu4you
            > Date: Mon May 7, 2007 7:48 pm ((PDT))
            >
            > Arthyr sent
            >
            > Publishing is a business.
            >
            > 10th house
            > ======================
            > I just checked Lee Lehman's Book of Rulerships;
            > there is no listing for
            > publishers, but Books are 9th house (Ref: Al-Biruni,
            > William Lilly).

            Rex Bills says Mercury and Jupiter.

            > Sorry, don't know any fised star(s) for publishers.
            > I would need to collect
            > data on publishing companies and see whether there
            > is a pattern.

            Maybe you can look at fixed star
            alignments/conjunctions/whatever to Mercury, Jupiter,
            and the ruler(s) of your 9th house, Beth. Also your
            10th-house ruler(s), since this is your career and
            your publishers are your bosses (both 10th-house).

            Message 5 of 7 , May 8, 2007
              Actually not my career, this is to do with the dessecration of some
              childrens literature that I love and am horrified ot see abridged and
              vandalized.

              so the basis of the horary, is will trying ot get a boycott of Harper
              Collins and its subsideries for say 6 months , do any good? since
              they make it very hard for people to contact them directly, I was
              thinking an orgnaized boycott would be the most effective... but then
              when I went to do horary realized I wasnt' certain what houses to
              look at, etc... I had thought 3 but 9 makes sense as well.

              ______________

              Message 6 of 7 , May 10, 2007

                > Actually not my career, this is to do with the dessecration of
                some
                > childrens literature that I love and am horrified ot see abridged
                and
                > vandalized.
                >
                > so the basis of the horary, is will trying ot get a boycott of
                Harper
                > Collins and its subsideries for say 6 months , do any good? since
                > they make it very hard for people to contact them directly, I was
                > thinking an orgnaized boycott would be the most effective... but
                then
                > when I went to do horary realized I wasnt' certain what houses to
                > look at, etc... I had thought 3 but 9 makes sense as well.
                >
                > MissB

                Okay, so maybe the star alignments/conjunctions with planets ruling
                or posited in the 9th (since a publisher is what your question is
                about) would affect the outcome.

                Horary astrology isn't my specialty.

                _

              • awc99@mindspring.com
                Message 7 of 7 , May 10, 2007
                  Publishing houses are in the business of producing and selling books. . .
                  it is therefor a business. ANY business would be represented as the 10th house
                  and its significator. Cast a Horary chart and look for the star
                  parans, they will tell you
                  the story along with the indices of the planetary significators.

                  Arthyr