Fixed star alignments (May 6, 2007)

    Message 1 of 6 , May 5, 2007
      As of noon CDT.

      Asterisks indicate new alignments (that weren't there
      a week ago today with a 1 00' orb).

      Jupiter

      Sabik (Eta Ophiuchi)

      Exclamation Mark Nebula (NGC 6309 Ophiuchi)

      *X-Ray Nova Scorpii 1994 (GRO J1655-40 Scorpii)

      *Prawn Nebula (IC 4628 Scorpii)

      Saturn

      NGC 2775 (Cancri; a galaxy)

      Outcast Star (SDSS J0907450+024507 Hydrae, a recently
      discovered star which is leaving the galaxy at a
      high rate of speed)

      Alterf (Lambda Leonis)

      NGC 2903 (Leonis; a galaxy)

      Naos (Zeta Puppis)

      CP Puppis (cataclysmic variable)

      Uranus

      Honda's Star (V1500 Cygni, aka Nova Cygni 1975, a
      bright nova discovered by Japanese astronomer Minoru
      Honda)

      Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)

      Shih (Sigma Pegasi)

      *Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)

      Neptune

      LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)

      Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)

      Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)

      S Doradus

      Gruid (Beta Gruis)

      VW Hydri

      TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)

      Pluto

      Etamin (Gamma Draconis)

      AH Mensae (cataclysmic variable)

      Barnard's Star (aka Velox Barnardi; Munich 15040
      Ophiuchi, a nearby star)

      Integral X-Ray Nova 2006 (IGR J17497-2821 Sagittarii)

      Basanismus (G Scorpii)

      Acumen (M-7 Scorpii; Ptolemy's Cluster)

      Ceres

      *Corona Frederici (Lambda Andromedae)

      *Al Durr al Manthur (Tau Ceti)

      Pallas

      *Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)

      *Scovil's Object (Q1991/107 Cygni)

      *Nova Cygni 1992 (V1974 Cygni)

      *Head of Hydrus (Alpha Hydri)

      WX Hydri

      *VY Sculptoris (cataclysmic variables)

      Juno

      *Algorab (Delta Corvi)

      *Avis Satyra (Eta Corvi; I've been calling this star
      Tso Hia, Chinese for The Left-Hand Linchpin, but I
      think I might give that to 6 Corvi instead)

      *NGC 4697 (Virginis; a galaxy with a suspected black
      hole)

      *The Jaws (Harrington STAR 20 Virginis; a small
      asterism)

      Lucida Volantis (Beta Volantis)

      Vesta

      *Lucida Apodis (Alpha Apodis)

      RR Chamaeleontis (cataclysmic variable)

      *Water Fountain Nebula (IRAS 13642-3814 Scorpii)

      Great Attractor (Abell 3627 Trianguli Australe)

      Chiron

      *Albulaan Australis (Nu Aquarii)

      Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)

      Hole-In-A-Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni)

      *Rotanev (Beta Delphini)

      Alnair (Alpha Gruis)

      *Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii)

      North Node

      Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Humason 1-2 Cygni)

      *Jih (Kappa Pegasi)

      South Node

      NGC 4151 (Canum Venaticorum; a round elliptical
      galaxy with a bright core, maser with excessive
      infrared emissions, just southeast of 2 Canum
      Venaticorum)

      *Coxa (Theta Leonis)

      *NGC 3607 (Leonis; a galaxy with a suspected black
      hole)

      Broken Engagement Ring (Harrington STAR 19 Ursae
      Majoris; a little asterism south of 43 Ursae Majoris
      between Beta Ursae Majoris [Phekda] and the fainter
      star Phi Ursae Majoris)

      Xestus (Omicron Velorum)

      *Vela X-1 (3U090040 Velorum)

      Message 2 of 6 , May 6, 2007

        > As of noon CDT.
        >

        > Asterisks indicate new alignments (that weren't there
        > a week ago today with a 1 00' orb).
        >

        > Jupiter
        >

        > Sabik (Eta Ophiuchi)
        >
        > Exclamation Mark Nebula (NGC 6309 Ophiuchi)
        >
        > *X-Ray Nova Scorpii 1994 (GRO J1655-40 Scorpii)
        >
        > *Prawn Nebula (IC 4628 Scorpii)
        >

        > Saturn
        >

        > NGC 2775 (Cancri; a galaxy)
        >
        > Outcast Star (SDSS J0907450+024507 Hydrae, a recently
        > discovered star which is leaving the galaxy at a
        > high rate of speed)
        >
        > Alterf (Lambda Leonis)
        >
        > NGC 2903 (Leonis; a galaxy)
        >
        > Naos (Zeta Puppis)
        >
        > CP Puppis (cataclysmic variable)
        >

        > Uranus
        >

        > Honda's Star (V1500 Cygni, aka Nova Cygni 1975, a
        > bright nova discovered by Japanese astronomer Minoru
        > Honda)
        >
        > Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)
        >
        > Shih (Sigma Pegasi)
        >
        > *Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)
        >

        > Neptune
        >

        > LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)
        >
        > Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)
        >
        > S Doradus
        >
        > Gruid (Beta Gruis)
        >
        > VW Hydri
        >
        > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)
        >

        > Pluto
        >

        > Etamin (Gamma Draconis)
        >
        > AH Mensae (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Barnard's Star (aka Velox Barnardi; Munich 15040
        > Ophiuchi, a nearby star)
        >
        > Integral X-Ray Nova 2006 (IGR J17497-2821 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Basanismus (G Scorpii)
        >
        > Acumen (M-7 Scorpii; Ptolemy's Cluster)
        >

        > Ceres
        >

        > *Corona Frederici (Lambda Andromedae)
        >
        > *Al Durr al Manthur (Tau Ceti)

        *Aquae Abyssi (Upsilon Ceti)

        > Pallas
        >

        > *Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)
        >
        > *Scovil's Object (Q1991/107 Cygni)
        >
        > *Nova Cygni 1992 (V1974 Cygni)
        >
        > *Head of Hydrus (Alpha Hydri)
        >
        > WX Hydri
        >
        > *VY Sculptoris (cataclysmic variables)
        >

        > Juno
        >

        > *Algorab (Delta Corvi)
        >
        > *Avis Satyra (Eta Corvi; I've been calling this star
        > Tso Hia, Chinese for The Left-Hand Linchpin, but I
        > think I might give that to 6 Corvi instead)
        >
        > *NGC 4697 (Virginis; a galaxy with a suspected black
        > hole)
        >
        > *The Jaws (Harrington STAR 20 Virginis; a small
        > asterism)
        >
        > Lucida Volantis (Beta Volantis)
        >

        > Vesta
        >

        > *Lucida Apodis (Alpha Apodis)
        >
        > RR Chamaeleontis (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > *Water Fountain Nebula (IRAS 13642-3814 Scorpii)
        >
        > Great Attractor (Abell 3627 Trianguli Australe)
        >

        > Chiron
        >

        > *Albulaan Australis (Nu Aquarii)
        >
        > Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
        >
        > Hole-In-A-Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni)
        >
        > *Rotanev (Beta Delphini)

        Kwa Chaou (Zeta Delphini)

        Al Kaud (Eta Delphini)

        Dhanishtra (Theta Delphini)

        Al Amud Al Salib (Iota Delphini)

        Pae Chaou (Kappa Delphini)

        Message 3 of 6 , May 13, 2007

          > > As of noon CDT.
          > >

          > > Asterisks indicate new alignments
          > >

          > > Jupiter
          > >

          > > Sabik (Eta Ophiuchi)
          > >
          > > Exclamation Mark Nebula (NGC 6309 Ophiuchi)
          > >
          > > *X-Ray Nova Scorpii 1994 (GRO J1655-40 Scorpii)

          some kind of spiritual influence

          > > *Prawn Nebula (IC 4628 Scorpii)

          the abortion issue

          > > Saturn
          > >

          > > NGC 2775 (Cancri; a galaxy)
          > >
          > > Outcast Star (SDSS J0907450+024507 Hydrae, a recently
          > > discovered star which is leaving the galaxy at a
          > > high rate of speed)
          > >
          > > Alterf (Lambda Leonis)
          > >
          > > NGC 2903 (Leonis; a galaxy)
          > >
          > > Naos (Zeta Puppis)
          > >
          > > CP Puppis (cataclysmic variable)
          > >

          > > Uranus
          > >

          > > Honda's Star (V1500 Cygni, aka Nova Cygni 1975, a
          > > bright nova discovered by Japanese astronomer Minoru
          > > Honda)
          > >
          > > Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)
          > >
          > > Shih (Sigma Pegasi)
          > >
          > > *Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)

          made "fish food" out of?

          > > Neptune
          > >

          > > LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)
          > >
          > > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)
          > >
          > > Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)
          > >
          > > S Doradus
          > >
          > > Gruid (Beta Gruis)
          > >
          > > VW Hydri
          > >
          > > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)
          > >

          > > Pluto
          > >

          > > Etamin (Gamma Draconis)
          > >
          > > AH Mensae (cataclysmic variable)
          > >
          > > Barnard's Star (aka Velox Barnardi; Munich 15040
          > > Ophiuchi, a nearby star)
          > >
          > > Integral X-Ray Nova 2006 (IGR J17497-2821 Sagittarii)
          > >
          > > Basanismus (G Scorpii)
          > >
          > > Acumen (M-7 Scorpii; Ptolemy's Cluster)
          > >

          > > Ceres
          > >

          > > *Corona Frederici (Lambda Andromedae)

          crowned heads have been in the news lately--specifically, one: Queen
          Elizabeth II of Britain (her recent visit to Virginia and Kentucky)

          > > *Al Durr al Manthur (Tau Ceti)

          Arabic for "the unstrung pearls"

          > *Aquae Abyssi (Upsilon Ceti)

          "watery abyss" in Latin

          > > Pallas
          > >

          > > *Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)

          having to do with floods or flooding with something

          > > *Scovil's Object (Q1991/107 Cygni)

          negativity

          ?

          > > *Head of Hydrus (Alpha Hydri)

          "snakebit" (as they say in the South: ruined, can't catch a break)

          > > WX Hydri

          to wax (to grow or make slippery); waxed (slick)

          > > *VY Sculptoris (cataclysmic variables)

          to "vie" or contend

          > > Juno
          > >

          > > *Algorab (Delta Corvi)
          > >
          > > *Avis Satyra (Eta Corvi; I've been calling this star
          > > Tso Hia, Chinese for The Left-Hand Linchpin, but I
          > > think I might give that to 6 Corvi instead)

          "satyr bird" in Latin

          (crude behavior costing somebody something; First Amendment issues)

          > > *NGC 4697 (Virginis; a galaxy with a suspected black
          > > hole)

          Let me figure this out.

          > > *The Jaws (Harrington STAR 20 Virginis; a small
          > > asterism)

          swimming with sharks, having to do with sharks, shark attacks

          > > Lucida Volantis (Beta Volantis)

          jumping up to get something

          > > Vesta
          > >

          > > *Lucida Apodis (Alpha Apodis)

          disconnected from reality, running around (feet not touching the ground)

          > > RR Chamaeleontis (cataclysmic variable)

          distancing oneself from someone or something doomed

          > > *Water Fountain Nebula (IRAS 13642-3814 Scorpii)

          having to do with prostitution (or with public water supplies)

          > > Great Attractor (Abell 3627 Trianguli Australe)

          in the presence of something greater than oneself

          > > Chiron
          > >

          > > *Albulaan Australis (Nu Aquarii)

          Arabic/Latin = "the southern swallower"

          > > Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)

          destructive

          > > Hole-In-A-Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni)

          somebody or something missing

          > > *Rotanev (Beta Delphini)

          having to come up for air

          > Kwa Chaou (Zeta Delphini)

          Chinese = a gourd

          > Al Kaud (Eta Delphini)

          Arabic = the riding camel

          > Dhanishtra (Theta Delphini)

          Sanskrit = richest

          > Al Amud Al Salib (Iota Delphini)

          Arabic = the pillar of the cross

          > Pae Chaou (Kappa Delphini)

          Chinese for "rotten melon" (lies near the Dolphin's tail, or if
          Delphinus is seen as a cross, the base of the cross)

          > > Alnair (Alpha Gruis)

          vigilant, devoted

          > > *Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii)

          trying to struggle out of a cocoon, make something manifest or real

          > > North Node
          > >

          > > Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Humason 1-2 Cygni)

          having to do with delinquent or disabled children

          > > *Jih (Kappa Pegasi)
          > >

          > > South Node
          > >

          > > NGC 4151 (Canum Venaticorum; a round elliptical
          > > galaxy with a bright core, maser with excessive
          > > infrared emissions, just southeast of 2 Canum
          > > Venaticorum)

          more stuff to be figured out

          > > *Coxa (Theta Leonis)

          trying to see ahead

          > > *NGC 3607 (Leonis; a galaxy with a suspected black
          > > hole)

          to be figured out later.

          > > Broken Engagement Ring (Harrington STAR 19 Ursae
          > > Majoris; a little asterism south of 43 Ursae Majoris
          > > between Beta Ursae Majoris [Phekda] and the fainter
          > > star Phi Ursae Majoris)

          marriage rights under threat (like in Massachusetts; the
          anti-gay-rights people haven't given up on that, and there's been talk
          of a referendum challenging Oregon's new domestic-partner registry also)

          > > Xestus (Omicron Velorum)
          > >
          > > *Vela X-1 (3U090040 Velorum)

          This would have some kind of spiritual influence, I think, since it's
          radiating above the band of visible light.

          Message 4 of 6 , May 15, 2007
            couple of comments bellow...

            > > > *Corona Frederici (Lambda Andromedae)
            >

            > crowned heads have been in the news lately--specifically, one: Queen
            > Elizabeth II of Britain (her recent visit to Virginia and Kentucky)

            MissB Inserts, funny enough I was there at the same time, though
            visiting a lady much mroe important to me. ;-)

            > > *Al Durr al Manthur (Tau Ceti)
            >
            > Arabic for "the unstrung pearls"
            >

            > > *Aquae Abyssi (Upsilon Ceti)
            >

            > "watery abyss" in Latin
            >

            > > > Pallas
            >
            > > > *Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)
            >

            > having to do with floods or flooding with something
            >

            > > > *Head of Hydrus (Alpha Hydri)
            >

            > "snakebit" (as they say in the South: ruined, can't catch a break)

            MissB inserts: now all this together, doesn't that just speak of the
            people in india who are recoving from a Tsunami and get hit with
            Typhoons?

            > Vesta

            *Water Fountain Nebula (IRAS 13642-3814 Scorpii)

            > having to do with prostitution (or with public water supplies)

            MissB inserts: Why prostitution? public water is certainly a big
            world issue at the moment. Just look at Iran and Darfur, these are
            both water issues.

            > Great Attractor (Abell 3627 Trianguli Australe)
            >

            > in the presence of something greater than oneself
            >

            > Chiron
            > *Albulaan Australis (Nu Aquarii)
            >

            > Arabic/Latin = "the southern swallower"

            MissB inserts: now this be a protitution suggestion! ;-) oh and a few
            more bellow!

            > Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
            >

            > destructive
            >
            > Hole-In-A-Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni)
            >
            > > Al Kaud (Eta Delphini)
            >
            > Arabic = the riding camel
            >
            > Dhanishtra (Theta Delphini)

            > Sanskrit = richest

            =) Oh Joy, its Tuesday! MissB
            Message 5 of 6 , May 15, 2007
              --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

              > <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:
              >

              > > Vesta
              >
              > *Water Fountain Nebula (IRAS 13642-3814 Scorpii)
              > >

              > > having to do with prostitution (or with public
              > water supplies)
              >
              > MissB inserts: Why prostitution?

              Metaphorical. A water fountain is where everybody
              comes to slake their thirst. (Stephen King, in "The
              Body," had one of his characters use the expression
              "town pump" to describe a slut.)

              Actually, I'm not clear if prostitution, human
              trafficking, sex slavery, etc. have been prominent in
              the news lately. I've been busy.

              Your idea about drinking water issues sounds
              plausible, though.

              Mark A. Holmes

              ____________________________________________________________________________________Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.
              Message 6 of 6 , May 23, 2007
                Interestingly enough, as far as I'm concerned not enough attention
                has been given the water issue. the US is all over Iran about Nuclear
                power, but the main reason they are going for nuclear power is not
                weapons (though with their psychs that is a natural follow through)
                but water. they can have power or they can have water, but not both,
                hence, the nuclear solution. (to their way of thinking) same with
                Sudan/Darfur, they are fighting over resources and racism is an
                excuse to reduce the number of people drawing on the resources. water
                and power. the same goes for all the countries surrounding that area.

                The northern Africa issues are greatly Nile and Niger related, and
                misallocation of resources, and wastefulness and ocean pollution
                (same as with the Mississippi and other large rivers and sumping in
                ocean) and.... ger... and the wheel goes round

                If people want to experiment with terraforming, it seems to me the
                Sahara desert would be a good place to start!

                okay off the mini soap box.