Re: Fixed star alignments (April 15, 2007)

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 22, 2007

      > As of noon CDT.
      >

      > Asterisks indicate new alignments (which didn't exist
      > a week ago today with a 1 00' orb).
      >

      > Jupiter
      >

      > Tso Kang (Epsilon-1 Arae)
      >
      > Korban (Zeta Arae)
      >
      > Water-Lily Nebula (IRAS 16594-4656 Arae)
      >
      > Maasym (Lambda Herculis)
      >
      > Bug Nebula (NGC 6302 Scorpii)
      >
      > Spindle Nebula (IRAS 17106-3046 Scorpii)
      >

      > Saturn
      >

      > NGC 2775 (Cancri; a galaxy)
      >
      > Outcast Star (SDSS J0907450+024507 Hydrae, a recently
      > discovered star which is leaving the galaxy at a
      > high rate of speed)
      >
      > Alterf (Lambda Leonis)
      >
      > NGC 2903 (Leonis; a galaxy)
      >
      > *RR Pictoris (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > Naos (Zeta Puppis)
      >
      > *CP Puppis (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > Uranus
      >

      > Honda's Star (V1500 Cygni, aka Nova Cygni 1975, a
      > bright nova discovered by Japanese astronomer Minoru
      > Honda)
      >
      > Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)
      >
      > Homan (Zeta Pegasi)
      >

      > Neptune
      >

      > LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)
      >
      > *Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)

      blinking like a stoplight? or warning light?

      > S Doradus (in Nubecula Major, one of the brightest
      > stars known)
      >
      > Gruid (Beta Gruis)
      >
      > Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; Phoenicopterus, the
      > Flamingo, is a former name for Grus the Crane)
      >
      > VW Hydri
      >
      > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)
      >

      > Pluto
      >

      > Etamin (Gamma Draconis)
      >
      > AH Mensae (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
      >
      > Velox Barnardi (aka Barnard's Star; Munich 15040
      > Ophiuchi, a nearby star)
      >
      > Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Basanismus (G Scorpii)
      >
      > Acumen (M-7 Scorpii; Ptolemy's Cluster)
      >

      > Ceres
      >

      > *CP Lacertae

      "seep"? "see pee?"

      > *DI Lacertae (cataclysmic variables)

      "die"? "Di"?

      > Pallas
      >

      > *Luyten 789-6 (Aquarii; a nearby star)
      >
      > *Deneb Adige (Alpha Cygni)

      "It is said to give an ingenious nature and a clever intellect." (Robson)

      > *Ruchba (Omega-2 Cygni)

      "the roc" (a mythical bird mentioned in *The Thousand and One Nights*)(?)

      > *Piazzi's Flying Star (61 Cygni)
      >

      > Juno
      >

      > *Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)

      Arabic "the lucky star of the tents."

      I've linked this to homeless people and refugees previously.

      > *Seginus (Gamma Bootis)

      "It is said to give a subtle mind, shamelessness and loss through
      friends and companions." (Robson)

      "Potential for writing or public speaking." (Dr. Eric Morse)

      > Mufrid (Eta Bootis)

      Arabic = "solitary"

      (Seung-hui Cho?)

      > *Biham (Theta Bootis)

      This should be Theta Pegasi, and the alignment doesn't exist. Sorry.

      > Vesta
      >

      > Lucida Apodis (Alpha Apodis, the brightest star in
      > Apus the Bird of Paradise)
      >
      > RR Chamaeleontis (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > Sarin (Delta Herculis)
      >
      > Great Attractor (Abell 3627 Normae)
      >
      > Wei (Epsilon Scorpii)
      >

      > Chiron
      >

      > Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
      >
      > Hole-In-A-Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni)
      >
      > Deneb Dulfim (Epsilon Delphini)
      >

      > North Node
      >

      > Cheeseburger Nebula (NGC 7026 Cygni)
      >
      > Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Humason 1-2 Cygni)
      >
      > The Horseshoe (Harrington STAR 28 Cygni, a small
      > asterism in Cygnus)
      >
      > Achernar (Alpha Eridani)
      >
      > RU Horologii (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > Homan (Zeta Pegasi)
      >
      > Jih (Kappa Pegasi)
      >
      > Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis)
      >

      > South Node
      >

      > Ghost of Jupiter Nebula (NGC 3242 Hydrae)
      >
      > Copeland's Septet (Hickson 57 Leonis, a galaxy
      > cluster)
      >
      > Mizar (Zeta Ursae Majoris)
      >
      > Alcor (80 Ursae Majoris)
      >
      > Xestus (Omicron Velorum)