Great Attractor

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 17, 2007
      Great Attractor

      Mark sent

      1b. The Great Attractor (was: Norma)
          Posted by: "Mark Andrew Holmes" mahtezcatpoc@... mahtezcatpoc
          Date: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:14 pm ((PDT))

      --- Diana K Rosenberg <fixed.stars@...> wrote:

      > Norma stars: (positions are for 1980; for 2000, add
      > 17 minutes; for 2005,
      > add 21 minutes.

      > "The Great Attractor" GxClstr Abell3627  TrA/Nor
      > brder 13SA45  -38 54  -60
      > 55    16 14   ------  GX Clustr

      I think this object is in Triangulum Australe.

      http://nedwww.ipac.caltech.edu/cgi-bin/nph-objsearch?objname=Norma+Cluster

      16h15m32.8s     -60d54m30s

      The galaxy cluster Abell 3627 may be in both Triangulum Australe and Norma, but these coordinates (the center of the cluster?) is in Triangulum Australe, close to the border of Norma, about halfway between Iota-2 Normae and Delta Trianguli Australe.

      Yes - I have the GA listed under both Norma and TrA

      I apologize for the messed-up alignments in the list I sent -
      I sent a neat list - it came thru as a confused mess...

      Love, Diana

      Website: http://ye-stars.com