More celestial object positions (II)

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 15, 2007

      > Honda's Star (V1500 Cygni, aka Nova Cygni 1975, a
      > bright nova discovered by Japanese astronomer Minoru
      > Honda)

      Sort of behind the Swan.

      > Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)

      Again, behind the Swan; north of Xi Cygni.

      > *Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)

      North of Theta Cygni on Cygnus' right wing.

      > Velox Barnardi (aka Barnard's Star; Munich 15040
      > Ophiuchi, a nearby star)

      Close to Zeta Serpentis, near the border with Serpens Cauda, on
      Ophiuchus' right arm.

      > *CP Lacertae
      >
      > *DI Lacertae (cataclysmic variables)

      These are both in front of the Lizard's face; if we imagine it as
      having a long, thin forked tongue, CP Lacertae marks that.

      > *Luyten 789-6 (Aquarii; a nearby star)

      Near Tau Aquarii in the Water Carrier's leg.

      > *Piazzi's Flying Star (61 Cygni)

      At the rear edge of the Swan's left wing.

      > Lucida Apodis (Alpha Apodis, the brightest star in
      > Apus the Bird of Paradise)

      In the Bird of Paradise's tail.

      > Great Attractor (Abell 3627 Normae)

      Trianguli Australe.

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 22, 2007

        > As of noon CDT.
        >

        > Asterisks indicate new alignments (which didn't exist
        > a week ago today with a 1 00' orb).
        >

        > Jupiter
        >

        > Tso Kang (Epsilon-1 Arae)
        >
        > Korban (Zeta Arae)
        >
        > Water-Lily Nebula (IRAS 16594-4656 Arae)
        >
        > Maasym (Lambda Herculis)
        >
        > Bug Nebula (NGC 6302 Scorpii)
        >
        > Spindle Nebula (IRAS 17106-3046 Scorpii)
        >

        > Saturn
        >

        > NGC 2775 (Cancri; a galaxy)
        >
        > Outcast Star (SDSS J0907450+024507 Hydrae, a recently
        > discovered star which is leaving the galaxy at a
        > high rate of speed)
        >
        > Alterf (Lambda Leonis)
        >
        > NGC 2903 (Leonis; a galaxy)
        >
        > *RR Pictoris (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Naos (Zeta Puppis)
        >
        > *CP Puppis (cataclysmic variable)
        >

        > Uranus
        >

        > Honda's Star (V1500 Cygni, aka Nova Cygni 1975, a
        > bright nova discovered by Japanese astronomer Minoru
        > Honda)
        >
        > Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)
        >
        > Homan (Zeta Pegasi)
        >

        > Neptune
        >

        > LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)
        >
        > *Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)

        blinking like a stoplight? or warning light?

        > S Doradus (in Nubecula Major, one of the brightest
        > stars known)
        >
        > Gruid (Beta Gruis)
        >
        > Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; Phoenicopterus, the
        > Flamingo, is a former name for Grus the Crane)
        >
        > VW Hydri
        >
        > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)
        >

        > Pluto
        >

        > Etamin (Gamma Draconis)
        >
        > AH Mensae (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
        >
        > Velox Barnardi (aka Barnard's Star; Munich 15040
        > Ophiuchi, a nearby star)
        >
        > Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Basanismus (G Scorpii)
        >
        > Acumen (M-7 Scorpii; Ptolemy's Cluster)
        >

        > Ceres
        >

        > *CP Lacertae

        "seep"? "see pee?"

        > *DI Lacertae (cataclysmic variables)

        "die"? "Di"?

        > Pallas
        >

        > *Luyten 789-6 (Aquarii; a nearby star)
        >
        > *Deneb Adige (Alpha Cygni)

        "It is said to give an ingenious nature and a clever intellect." (Robson)

        > *Ruchba (Omega-2 Cygni)

        "the roc" (a mythical bird mentioned in *The Thousand and One Nights*)(?)

        > *Piazzi's Flying Star (61 Cygni)
        >

        > Juno
        >

        > *Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)

        Arabic "the lucky star of the tents."

        I've linked this to homeless people and refugees previously.

        > *Seginus (Gamma Bootis)

        "It is said to give a subtle mind, shamelessness and loss through
        friends and companions." (Robson)

        "Potential for writing or public speaking." (Dr. Eric Morse)

        > Mufrid (Eta Bootis)

        Arabic = "solitary"

        (Seung-hui Cho?)

        > *Biham (Theta Bootis)

        This should be Theta Pegasi, and the alignment doesn't exist. Sorry.

        > Vesta
        >

        > Lucida Apodis (Alpha Apodis, the brightest star in
        > Apus the Bird of Paradise)
        >
        > RR Chamaeleontis (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Sarin (Delta Herculis)
        >
        > Great Attractor (Abell 3627 Normae)
        >
        > Wei (Epsilon Scorpii)
        >

        > Chiron
        >

        > Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
        >
        > Hole-In-A-Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni)
        >
        > Deneb Dulfim (Epsilon Delphini)
        >

        > North Node
        >

        > Cheeseburger Nebula (NGC 7026 Cygni)
        >
        > Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Humason 1-2 Cygni)
        >
        > The Horseshoe (Harrington STAR 28 Cygni, a small
        > asterism in Cygnus)
        >
        > Achernar (Alpha Eridani)
        >
        > RU Horologii (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Homan (Zeta Pegasi)
        >
        > Jih (Kappa Pegasi)
        >
        > Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis)
        >

        > South Node
        >

        > Ghost of Jupiter Nebula (NGC 3242 Hydrae)
        >
        > Copeland's Septet (Hickson 57 Leonis, a galaxy
        > cluster)
        >
        > Mizar (Zeta Ursae Majoris)
        >
        > Alcor (80 Ursae Majoris)
        >
        > Xestus (Omicron Velorum)