Some deep-sky object locations

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 15, 2007

      > Water-Lily Nebula (IRAS 16594-4656 Arae)

      Just east of Iota Arae in the flames of the Altar (?)

      > *Spindle Nebula (IRAS 17106-3046 Scorpii)

      About halfway between M-6 (the Butterfly Nebula) and D Ophiuchi (aka
      45 Ophiuchi), near the Ophiuchus border, just above the Scorpion's
      stinger.

      > Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)

      South of Gamma Cygni in the Swan's body.

      > S Doradus (in Nubecula Major aka the Large Magellanic
      > Cloud; one of the intrinsically brightest stars known)

      Just underneath Dorado the Mahimahi's head.

      > *TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)

      Near 30 Vulpeculae in the Fox's tail.

      > *Network Nebula (NGC 6992 Cygni)

      South of Epsilon Cygni in the Swan's right wing.

      > EX Hydrae (cataclysmic variable)

      This is about a third of the way from Psi Hydrae to Beta Hydrae and
      just north of the Centaurus border, in the Sea-Monster's tail.

      > RCW 103 (Normae; a supernova remnant with a neutron
      > star/X-ray source in it)

      West of Gamma Normae near the border with Ara; you might be able to
      put this in the carpenter's square part of Norma, which represents a
      level and square (carpenter's tools).

      http://www.coldwater.k12.mi.us/lms/planetarium/myth/Nor-myth.gif

      (I'm uploading this file to the Photos section along with some others
      showing Ara and Dorado.)

      > *Water Fountain Nebula (IRAS 16342-3814 Scorpii)

      Just west of Mu Scorpii (in one of the Scorpion's left legs).