The Urn and the Hyades

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 15, 2007
      The Urn and the Hyades

      Hi

      Just noticed the Venus-Mars square in the April 17 New Moon (which is a
      "Supermoon" - i.e. at perigee): Venus is in the "rainy Hyades" - the cluster in the Bull's muzzle; from my book:

      The key word here is "overwhelming": torrential rain ("hyades" literally means "rainers"), storms, floods, fog, air and ship wrecks, mass movements (i.e. floods of people), invasions (in ancient China the Pleiades/Hyades area was "The Announcer of the Invasion at the Border"), exile, fires, uprisings, demonstrations, riots, epidemics (including smallpox), mass events, upheavals, murder; disasters caused by poor visibility. Technological developments in communications: preservation and dissemination of information, but not usually conducive to negotiations.

      In both eastern and western ancient sky-lore, the Hyades have always been associated with storms and torrential rains: the Chinese had the cluster as Yü-Shï, the Ruler of Rain, from at least 1,100 BCE, and the Hsiu Py was called "The Mouth of the Sky," presaging torrential downpours. Ovid’s: Fasti IV, 2nd Nones (ca 8 CE), has “the next day calls up the Hyades...and the earth is soaked with heavy rain” and Pliny the Elder (23-79 CE) called the Hyades “violent and troublesome...causing storms and tempests raging on both land and sea.” Mercury was here at the Solar Eclipse preceding the Great Mississippi River Flood of 1993 after weeks of almost unceasing rain; 7 months later a Lunar Eclipse here preceded severe December floods in Europe. This was Mars at the Aries Ingress of 1910, a year of devastating floods in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium and Serbia, and a typhoon that caused severe flooding in Japan; Uranus was here at the Great Mutation (Jupiter-Saturn cnj) of 1524 that was followed by torrential, unceasing rains and floods in Italy; Pluto was here in 1889 when a violent storm hit Samoa, destroying warships of the US and Germany that had been on the brink of battle (“the typhoon that stopped a war).” Pluto was here at the Great Johnstown Flood of 1889 that killed 2,200 in Pennsylvania; when Typhoon Paka devastated Guam in 1997 this was the Asc degree at the moment the winds hit 236 mph (380 kph), the highest surface wind ever recorded up to that time. This was the NNode at a Solar Eclipse in 1333 that ran a path of totality through Italy, 6 months before a historic Florence flood, and the NNode at the “Onze Heures Moins Dix Flood” of 1910, when all the public clocks in Paris, controlled from a central power station, stopped at the same time (exactly 117 years and 28 minutes after the beheading of King Louis XVI); the SNode was here at the Great Galveston Hurricane of 1900 that inundated the city and left 6,000-8,000 dead – “one of the worst recorded natural disasters ever to hit the North American continent.” (the Hyades Cluster, with its rains and storms, continues through the next 3 degrees). The alleged UFO crash near Socorro, NM in 1947 occurred during a storm: Mars was here. This was the natal Neptune of crude. atheistic, blaspheming 18th-century slave-trader John Newton who, after surviving a terrible storm at sea became an Evangelical Christian and wrote the words to the hymn “Amazing Grace.”

      Even Confucius gets into the act!

              The story is told of a time when Confucius set out on a walk with a group of his
              disciples, and instructed them to take their umbrellas. After a time it rained heavily,
              and a disciple said "there were no clouds when we set out, but you told us to take umbrellas -
              how did you know it was going to rain?" Confucius replied "last night the Moon was in the
              constellation Py, and it is written in the Shih-ching, 'When the Moon
              is in Py, there will be heavy rain' - thus I was certain that it would"

      OK, now that I've beaten that into the ground,  I will point out that Mars at 8 Pisces, sq that Venus, is in the Urn of the Water-Pourer!

      Unusually powerful earthquakes, extreme winds (Liber Hermetis: “wintery and windy”), floods, fogs, shipwrecks, collisions, fires, riots, brutal attacks, expressions of race and religious prejudice, public health threats and responses to them

      As I'm writing this a major storm which has left a path of destruction through several states, is hitting us here in NY right now, and MSNBC's headline is "WICKED WEATHER"

      NEW YORK - Airlines canceled more than 350 flights Sunday as a hard-blowing nor’easter gathered strength along the East Coast and threatened to deliver some of the worst flooding to coastal Long Island in 14 years.

      The cancellations were primarily at the New York area’s three major airports and affected most carriers, said Steve Coleman, a spokesman for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. JetBlue Airways canceled 56 flights in and out of New York's JFK airport and Boston's Logan airport, spokesman Bryan Baldwin told NBC News.

      More cancellations from major airlines were expected throughout the day.
      And so forth.
      By the way, 27 Aries (Al Pherg and 30 Cephei) is an area of fogs
      Saturn (at Al Terf, Lambda Leonis) is in the degree of the 9/11 Venus...don't get me started...
      So let's hear it for the fixed stars!  Old reliables, when it comes to earthly events.
      By the way, the Hyades are also known for seditious riots - like the anti-Putin riots in Russia right now.
      Love, Diana

      Website: http://ye-stars.com

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 15, 2007
        Interesting....

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 15, 2007
          <fixed.stars@...> wrote:

          So we're set for more stormy weather, right? I didn't get it really
          bad here but the Dallas-Fort Worth area got baseball-sized hail.

          Mark A. Holmes