Fixed star alignments (April 15, 2007)

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 14, 2007
      As of noon CDT.

      Asterisks indicate new alignments (which didn't exist
      a week ago today with a 1 00' orb).

      Jupiter

      Tso Kang (Epsilon-1 Arae)

      Korban (Zeta Arae)

      Water-Lily Nebula (IRAS 16594-4656 Arae)

      Maasym (Lambda Herculis)

      Bug Nebula (NGC 6302 Scorpii)

      Spindle Nebula (IRAS 17106-3046 Scorpii)

      Saturn

      NGC 2775 (Cancri; a galaxy)

      Outcast Star (SDSS J0907450+024507 Hydrae, a recently
      discovered star which is leaving the galaxy at a
      high rate of speed)

      Alterf (Lambda Leonis)

      NGC 2903 (Leonis; a galaxy)

      *RR Pictoris (cataclysmic variable)

      Naos (Zeta Puppis)

      *CP Puppis (cataclysmic variable)

      Uranus

      Honda's Star (V1500 Cygni, aka Nova Cygni 1975, a
      bright nova discovered by Japanese astronomer Minoru
      Honda)

      Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)

      Homan (Zeta Pegasi)

      Neptune

      LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)

      Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)

      *Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)

      S Doradus (in Nubecula Major, one of the brightest
      stars known)

      Gruid (Beta Gruis)

      Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; Phoenicopterus, the
      Flamingo, is a former name for Grus the Crane)

      VW Hydri

      TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)

      Pluto

      Etamin (Gamma Draconis)

      AH Mensae (cataclysmic variable)

      Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)

      Velox Barnardi (aka Barnard's Star; Munich 15040
      Ophiuchi, a nearby star)

      Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii)

      Basanismus (G Scorpii)

      Acumen (M-7 Scorpii; Ptolemy's Cluster)

      Ceres

      *CP Lacertae

      *DI Lacertae (cataclysmic variables)

      Pallas

      *Luyten 789-6 (Aquarii; a nearby star)

      *Deneb Adige (Alpha Cygni)

      *Ruchba (Omega-2 Cygni)

      *Piazzi's Flying Star (61 Cygni)

      Juno

      *Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)

      *Seginus (Gamma Bootis)

      Mufrid (Eta Bootis)

      *Biham (Theta Bootis)

      Vesta

      Lucida Apodis (Alpha Apodis, the brightest star in
      Apus the Bird of Paradise)

      RR Chamaeleontis (cataclysmic variable)

      Sarin (Delta Herculis)

      Great Attractor (Abell 3627 Normae)

      Wei (Epsilon Scorpii)

      Chiron

      Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)

      Hole-In-A-Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni)

      Deneb Dulfim (Epsilon Delphini)

      North Node

      Cheeseburger Nebula (NGC 7026 Cygni)

      Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Humason 1-2 Cygni)

      The Horseshoe (Harrington STAR 28 Cygni, a small
      asterism in Cygnus)

      Achernar (Alpha Eridani)

      RU Horologii (cataclysmic variable)

      Homan (Zeta Pegasi)

      Jih (Kappa Pegasi)

      Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis)

      South Node

      Ghost of Jupiter Nebula (NGC 3242 Hydrae)

      Copeland's Septet (Hickson 57 Leonis, a galaxy
      cluster)

      Mizar (Zeta Ursae Majoris)

      Alcor (80 Ursae Majoris)

      Xestus (Omicron Velorum)

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 15, 2007

        > Honda's Star (V1500 Cygni, aka Nova Cygni 1975, a
        > bright nova discovered by Japanese astronomer Minoru
        > Honda)

        Sort of behind the Swan.

        > Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)

        Again, behind the Swan; north of Xi Cygni.

        > *Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)

        North of Theta Cygni on Cygnus' right wing.

        > Velox Barnardi (aka Barnard's Star; Munich 15040
        > Ophiuchi, a nearby star)

        Close to Zeta Serpentis, near the border with Serpens Cauda, on
        Ophiuchus' right arm.

        > *CP Lacertae
        >
        > *DI Lacertae (cataclysmic variables)

        These are both in front of the Lizard's face; if we imagine it as
        having a long, thin forked tongue, CP Lacertae marks that.

        > *Luyten 789-6 (Aquarii; a nearby star)

        Near Tau Aquarii in the Water Carrier's leg.

        > *Piazzi's Flying Star (61 Cygni)

        At the rear edge of the Swan's left wing.

        > Lucida Apodis (Alpha Apodis, the brightest star in
        > Apus the Bird of Paradise)

        In the Bird of Paradise's tail.

        > Great Attractor (Abell 3627 Normae)

        Trianguli Australe.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 22, 2007

          > As of noon CDT.
          >

          > Asterisks indicate new alignments (which didn't exist
          > a week ago today with a 1 00' orb).
          >

          > Jupiter
          >

          > Tso Kang (Epsilon-1 Arae)
          >
          > Korban (Zeta Arae)
          >
          > Water-Lily Nebula (IRAS 16594-4656 Arae)
          >
          > Maasym (Lambda Herculis)
          >
          > Bug Nebula (NGC 6302 Scorpii)
          >
          > Spindle Nebula (IRAS 17106-3046 Scorpii)
          >

          > Saturn
          >

          > NGC 2775 (Cancri; a galaxy)
          >
          > Outcast Star (SDSS J0907450+024507 Hydrae, a recently
          > discovered star which is leaving the galaxy at a
          > high rate of speed)
          >
          > Alterf (Lambda Leonis)
          >
          > NGC 2903 (Leonis; a galaxy)
          >
          > *RR Pictoris (cataclysmic variable)
          >
          > Naos (Zeta Puppis)
          >
          > *CP Puppis (cataclysmic variable)
          >

          > Uranus
          >

          > Honda's Star (V1500 Cygni, aka Nova Cygni 1975, a
          > bright nova discovered by Japanese astronomer Minoru
          > Honda)
          >
          > Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)
          >
          > Homan (Zeta Pegasi)
          >

          > Neptune
          >

          > LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)
          >
          > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)
          >
          > *Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)

          blinking like a stoplight? or warning light?

          > S Doradus (in Nubecula Major, one of the brightest
          > stars known)
          >
          > Gruid (Beta Gruis)
          >
          > Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; Phoenicopterus, the
          > Flamingo, is a former name for Grus the Crane)
          >
          > VW Hydri
          >
          > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)
          >

          > Pluto
          >

          > Etamin (Gamma Draconis)
          >
          > AH Mensae (cataclysmic variable)
          >
          > Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
          >
          > Velox Barnardi (aka Barnard's Star; Munich 15040
          > Ophiuchi, a nearby star)
          >
          > Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii)
          >
          > Basanismus (G Scorpii)
          >
          > Acumen (M-7 Scorpii; Ptolemy's Cluster)
          >

          > Ceres
          >

          > *CP Lacertae

          "seep"? "see pee?"

          > *DI Lacertae (cataclysmic variables)

          "die"? "Di"?

          > Pallas
          >

          > *Luyten 789-6 (Aquarii; a nearby star)
          >
          > *Deneb Adige (Alpha Cygni)

          "It is said to give an ingenious nature and a clever intellect." (Robson)

          > *Ruchba (Omega-2 Cygni)

          "the roc" (a mythical bird mentioned in *The Thousand and One Nights*)(?)

          > *Piazzi's Flying Star (61 Cygni)
          >

          > Juno
          >

          > *Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)

          Arabic "the lucky star of the tents."

          I've linked this to homeless people and refugees previously.

          > *Seginus (Gamma Bootis)

          "It is said to give a subtle mind, shamelessness and loss through
          friends and companions." (Robson)

          "Potential for writing or public speaking." (Dr. Eric Morse)

          > Mufrid (Eta Bootis)

          Arabic = "solitary"

          (Seung-hui Cho?)

          > *Biham (Theta Bootis)

          This should be Theta Pegasi, and the alignment doesn't exist. Sorry.

          > Vesta
          >

          > Lucida Apodis (Alpha Apodis, the brightest star in
          > Apus the Bird of Paradise)
          >
          > RR Chamaeleontis (cataclysmic variable)
          >
          > Sarin (Delta Herculis)
          >
          > Great Attractor (Abell 3627 Normae)
          >
          > Wei (Epsilon Scorpii)
          >

          > Chiron
          >

          > Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
          >
          > Hole-In-A-Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni)
          >
          > Deneb Dulfim (Epsilon Delphini)
          >

          > North Node
          >

          > Cheeseburger Nebula (NGC 7026 Cygni)
          >
          > Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Humason 1-2 Cygni)
          >
          > The Horseshoe (Harrington STAR 28 Cygni, a small
          > asterism in Cygnus)
          >
          > Achernar (Alpha Eridani)
          >
          > RU Horologii (cataclysmic variable)
          >
          > Homan (Zeta Pegasi)
          >
          > Jih (Kappa Pegasi)
          >
          > Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis)
          >

          > South Node
          >

          > Ghost of Jupiter Nebula (NGC 3242 Hydrae)
          >
          > Copeland's Septet (Hickson 57 Leonis, a galaxy
          > cluster)
          >
          > Mizar (Zeta Ursae Majoris)
          >
          > Alcor (80 Ursae Majoris)
          >
          > Xestus (Omicron Velorum)