RE: [thefixedstars] cold and stars

  • Derek Reveres
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 8, 2007
      Hi Mark,

      When you are dealing with weather astrology, my understanding has always
      been that the physical location relative to the planets is important. For
      example, I would expect that where in the world Neptune is over this moment
      might experience rain or a cold pressure system if Neptune is activated by
      one of the faster planets. It is kinda similar to BB's idea of stars that
      rise and set locally based on where you live (parans, i believe they are
      called?).
      I live i Salt Lake, and while it has rained off and on the last couple
      weeks, it is hot enough to be summer here almost. We are in the 70s and
      pushing to the 80s. I would assume whatever planets are afflicting the
      Texas region are "over" that region by longitude and latitude, etc. That
      has been my understanding of weather astrology. But... it's still a subject
      i haven't fully explored, so im just offering a speculation based on what
      i've seen others type.
      And then there is also the natal charts of the state, city, etc. I haved
      heard that the city chart ofr New Orleans, for example, was configured in
      such a way that all the major hurricanes and storms since its founding have
      shown up in transits to the city's chart, including and especially with
      Katrina.
      I'm not sure how all of this relates to stars, but then i suppose there are
      those handful of stars that are aligned perfectly with your region and i'd
      look to see what activity has been going on with them

      http://maps.live.com/?icid=hmtag3
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 8, 2007
        --- Derek Reveres <l_awake_l@...> wrote:

        > Hi Mark,
        >
        > When you are dealing with weather astrology, my
        > understanding has always
        > been that the physical location relative to the
        > planets is important. For
        > example, I would expect that where in the world
        > Neptune is over this moment
        > might experience rain or a cold pressure system if
        > Neptune is activated by
        > one of the faster planets. It is kinda similar to
        > BB's idea of stars that
        > rise and set locally based on where you live
        > (parans, i believe they are
        > called?).
        > I live i Salt Lake, and while it has rained off and
        > on the last couple
        > weeks, it is hot enough to be summer here almost.
        > We are in the 70s and
        > pushing to the 80s. I would assume whatever planets
        > are afflicting the
        > Texas region are "over" that region by longitude and
        > latitude, etc. That
        > has been my understanding of weather astrology.
        > But... it's still a subject
        > i haven't fully explored, so im just offering a
        > speculation based on what
        > i've seen others type.
        > And then there is also the natal charts of the
        > state, city, etc. I haved
        > heard that the city chart ofr New Orleans, for
        > example, was configured in
        > such a way that all the major hurricanes and storms
        > since its founding have
        > shown up in transits to the city's chart, including
        > and especially with
        > Katrina.

        Um...I'm familiar with all this.

        > I'm not sure how all of this relates to stars, but
        > then i suppose there are
        > those handful of stars that are aligned perfectly
        > with your region and i'd
        > look to see what activity has been going on with
        > them

        The aspect Diana R. referred to occurring at the time
        of the last Full Moon, with Neptune in the stars of
        Capricornus, would likely have some special resonance
        for my area. I think a bunch of Sun Belt states have
        experienced this unseasonable cold and snow.

        Mark A. Holmes

        > >From: "Diana K Rosenberg" <fixed.stars@...>
        > >To: <thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com>
        > >Subject: [thefixedstars] cold and stars
        > >Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 04:11:58 -0400
        > >
        > >Mark sent
        > >
        > >It's unseasonably chilly in some parts of the
        > country.
        > >Like, I'm looking out my window right now, where
        > it's
        > >snowing, lightly. It is April--seventh; it is
        > >Texas;and it is snowing.
        > >
        > >Any ideas where this might be coming from
        > >astrologically? I was thinking stars in Ursa Major
        > or
        > >Ursa Minor or some other figure representing
        > something
        > >associated with cold; there doesn't appear to be
        > right
        > >now, but Mercury is aligned with BL Lacertae, which
        > it
        > >seems can get kind of crazy.
        > >==================================
        > >The one definite cold area I've found in the stars
        > is
        > >the Sea-Goat, which is all tropical Aquarius now.
        > >
        > >The Apr 2 Full Moon had Venus in Taurus (Spring,
        > new growth, etc)
        > >caught in a t-sq with Neptune in frigid Capricornus
        > and its
        > >dispositor Saturn squelching the heat of Leo.
        > >
        > >It's unusually cold in other areas of the world as
        > well - I was
        > >noticing that on the news.
        > >
        > >Love, Diana
        > >
        > >PS Manilius (ca 10 AD) called him "the shivering
        > Sea-Goat"
        > >
        > >Website: http://ye-stars.com

        TV dinner still cooling?
        http://tv.yahoo.com/
      • Derek Reveres
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 9, 2007
          Yikes sorry to pass on that unneeded info!!
          I have a friend in Missouri and she told me that it is freezing over there.
          So nope Texas is definitely not alone

          >Um...I'm familiar with all this.
          >

          >The aspect Diana R. referred to occurring at the time
          >of the last Full Moon, with Neptune in the stars of
          >Capricornus, would likely have some special resonance
          >for my area. I think a bunch of Sun Belt states have
          >experienced this unseasonable cold and snow.
          >
          >Mark A. Holmes

          Exercise your brain! Try Flexicon.
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 10, 2007
            --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Derek Reveres" <l_awake_l@...>
            wrote:

            > I have a friend in Missouri and she told me that it is freezing
            over there.
            > So nope Texas is definitely not alone

            I looked at the Texas state chart last night, and Texas is very close
            to its Neptune return, but I wouldn't call the April 2 Full Moon
            Venus square the Texas Neptune; however, Texas does have a wide
            Saturn-Neptune conjunction in Aquarius (in the chilly stars of
            Capricornus) and the April 2 Full Moon Venus does seem to be square
            the Texas Saturn (which has transiting Saturn opposing it).

            *Texas Monthly* magazine recently published an article (I think after
            the April 2 Full Moon) on how Bush came to Washington from Texas with
            his cadre of loyalists wanting to shake things up and instead got his
            butt handed to him.

            Mark A. Holmes