Fixed star alignments (April 8, 2007)

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8, 2007
      As of noon CDT.

      Asterisks indicate new alignments (that weren't there
      a week ago today with a 1 00' orb).

      Jupiter

      Tso Kang (Epsilon-1 Arae)

      Korban (Zeta Arae)

      Water-Lily Nebula (IRAS 16594-4656 Arae)

      Maasym (Lambda Herculis)

      Bug Nebula (NGC 6302 Scorpii)

      Spindle Nebula (IRAS 17106-3046 Scorpii)

      Saturn

      NGC 2775 (Cancri; a galaxy)

      Outcast Star (SDSS J0907450+024507 Hydrae, a recently
      discovered star which is leaving the galaxy at a
      high rate of speed)

      Alterf (Lambda Leonis)

      NGC 2903 (Leonis; a galaxy)

      Naos (Zeta Puppis)

      Uranus

      Honda's Star (V1500 Cygni, aka Nova Cygni 1975, a
      bright nova discovered by Japanese astronomer Minoru
      Honda)

      *Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)

      Homan (Zeta Pegasi)

      Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis)

      Neptune

      LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)

      Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)

      S Doradus (in Nubecula Major, one of the brightest
      stars known)

      *Gruid (Beta Gruis)

      Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; Phoenicopterus, the
      Flamingo, is a former name for Grus the Crane)

      VW Hydri

      TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)

      Pluto

      Etamin (Gamma Draconis)

      AH Mensae (cataclysmic variable)

      Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)

      Velox Barnardi (aka Barnard's Star; Munich 15040
      Ophiuchi, a nearby star)

      Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii)

      Basanismus (G Scorpii)

      Acumen (M-7 Scorpii; Ptolemy's Cluster)

      Ceres

      *Iota Horologii

      *Lucida Lacertae (Alpha Lacertae, the brightest star
      in Lacerta the Lizard)

      *Lacerta Lingua (Beta Lacertae, marking Lacerta's
      mouth)

      *Lucida Reticuli (Alpha Reticuli, the brightest star
      in Reticulum the Net)

      Pallas

      *Sadalmelek (Alpha Aquarii)

      *Ancha (Theta Aquarii)

      *FO Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)

      *Egg Nebula (CRL 2688 Cygni)

      *Seagull Nebula (NGC 2032 Doradus)

      *KL Draconis (cataclysmic variable)

      Fomalhaut (Alpha Piscis Austrini)

      Juno

      *Mufrid (Eta Bootis)

      Vesta

      Lucida Apodis (Alpha Apodis, the brightest star in
      Apus the Bird of Paradise)

      RR Chamaeleontis (cataclysmic variable)

      Sarin (Delta Herculis)

      Great Attractor (Abell 3627 Normae)

      *Wei (Epsilon Scorpii)

      Chiron

      Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)

      Dorsum (Theta Capricorni)

      CH Cygni

      Hole-In-A-Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni)

      Veil Nebula (NGC 6960 Cygni)

      Deneb Dulfim (Epsilon Delphini)

      North Node

      Achernar (Alpha Eridani)

      Cheeseburger Nebula (NGC 7026 Cygni)

      *Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Humason 1-2 Cygni)

      *The Horseshoe (Harrington STAR 28 Cygni, a small
      asterism in Cygnus)

      RU Horologii (cataclysmic variable)

      Homan (Zeta Pegasi)

      *Jih (Kappa Pegasi)

      South Node

      Ghost of Jupiter Nebula (NGC 3242 Hydrae)

      Copeland's Septet (Hickson 57 Leonis, a galaxy
      cluster)

      Mizar (Zeta Ursae Majoris)

      Alcor (80 Ursae Majoris)

      *Xestus (Omicron Velorum)

      Don't pick lemons.
      See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
      http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 19, 2007

        > As of noon CDT.
        >

        > Asterisks indicate new alignments
        >

        > Jupiter
        >

        > Tso Kang (Epsilon-1 Arae)
        >
        > Korban (Zeta Arae)
        >
        > Water-Lily Nebula (IRAS 16594-4656 Arae)
        >
        > Maasym (Lambda Herculis)
        >
        > Bug Nebula (NGC 6302 Scorpii)
        >
        > Spindle Nebula (IRAS 17106-3046 Scorpii)
        >

        > Saturn
        >

        > NGC 2775 (Cancri; a galaxy)
        >
        > Outcast Star (SDSS J0907450+024507 Hydrae, a recently
        > discovered star which is leaving the galaxy at a
        > high rate of speed)
        >
        > Alterf (Lambda Leonis)
        >
        > NGC 2903 (Leonis; a galaxy)
        >
        > Naos (Zeta Puppis)
        >

        > Uranus
        >

        > Honda's Star (V1500 Cygni, aka Nova Cygni 1975, a
        > bright nova discovered by Japanese astronomer Minoru
        > Honda)
        >
        > *Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)
        >
        > Homan (Zeta Pegasi)
        >
        > Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis)
        >

        > Neptune
        >

        > LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)
        >
        > S Doradus (in Nubecula Major, one of the brightest
        > stars known)
        >
        > *Gruid (Beta Gruis)

        colorful, having characteristics associated with cranes (watchful,
        faithful, long life; or supported by this)

        > Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; Phoenicopterus, the
        > Flamingo, is a former name for Grus the Crane)
        >
        > VW Hydri
        >
        > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)
        >

        > Pluto
        >

        > Etamin (Gamma Draconis)
        >
        > AH Mensae (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
        >
        > Velox Barnardi (aka Barnard's Star; Munich 15040
        > Ophiuchi, a nearby star)
        >
        > Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Basanismus (G Scorpii)
        >
        > Acumen (M-7 Scorpii; Ptolemy's Cluster)
        >

        > Ceres
        >

        > *Iota Horologii

        got to find out why I put this in

        > *Lucida Lacertae (Alpha Lacertae, the brightest star
        > in Lacerta the Lizard)
        >
        > *Lacerta Lingua (Beta Lacertae, marking Lacerta's
        > mouth)

        speaking with a forked tongue, or having a poisonous mouth (like a
        gila monster)(?)

        > *Lucida Reticuli (Alpha Reticuli, the brightest star
        > in Reticulum the Net)
        >

        > Pallas
        >

        > *Sadalmelek (Alpha Aquarii)

        "extreme and sudden destruction...the death penalty" (Robson)

        > *Ancha (Theta Aquarii)

        "the hip"

        > *FO Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)

        "faugh" (?)

        > *Egg Nebula (CRL 2688 Cygni)

        eggs; something hatching, or hatched (a plot)(?)

        > *Seagull Nebula (NGC 2032 Doradus)

        sea birds? *Jonathan Livingston Seagull*? ("the bird sees farthest
        who flies highest*; daring to stand out?)

        > *KL Draconis (cataclysmic variable)

        "kill"?

        > Fomalhaut (Alpha Piscis Austrini)
        >

        > Juno
        >

        > *Mufrid (Eta Bootis)

        Arabic = solitary

        > Vesta
        >

        > Lucida Apodis (Alpha Apodis, the brightest star in
        > Apus the Bird of Paradise)
        >
        > RR Chamaeleontis (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Sarin (Delta Herculis)
        >
        > Great Attractor (Abell 3627 Normae)
        >
        > *Wei (Epsilon Scorpii)
        >

        > Chiron
        >

        > Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
        >
        > Dorsum (Theta Capricorni)
        >
        > CH Cygni
        >
        > Hole-In-A-Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni)
        >
        > Veil Nebula (NGC 6960 Cygni)
        >
        > Deneb Dulfim (Epsilon Delphini)
        >

        > North Node
        >

        > Achernar (Alpha Eridani)
        >
        > Cheeseburger Nebula (NGC 7026 Cygni)
        >
        > *Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Humason 1-2 Cygni)
        >
        > *The Horseshoe (Harrington STAR 28 Cygni, a small
        > asterism in Cygnus)
        >
        > RU Horologii (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Homan (Zeta Pegasi)
        >
        > *Jih (Kappa Pegasi)
        >

        > South Node
        >

        > Ghost of Jupiter Nebula (NGC 3242 Hydrae)
        >
        > Copeland's Septet (Hickson 57 Leonis, a galaxy
        > cluster)
        >
        > Mizar (Zeta Ursae Majoris)
        >
        > Alcor (80 Ursae Majoris)
        >
        > *Xestus (Omicron Velorum)

        apparently the name of the god of ocean currents who helped guide the
        ship *Argo* on its journey