cold and stars

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 8, 2007
      cold and stars

      Mark sent

      It's unseasonably chilly in some parts of the country.
      Like, I'm looking out my window right now, where it's
      snowing, lightly. It is April--seventh; it is
      Texas;and it is snowing.

      Any ideas where this might be coming from
      astrologically? I was thinking stars in Ursa Major or
      Ursa Minor or some other figure representing something
      associated with cold; there doesn't appear to be right
      now, but Mercury is aligned with BL Lacertae, which it
      seems can get kind of crazy.
      ==================================
      The one definite cold area I've found in the stars is
      the Sea-Goat, which is all tropical Aquarius now.

      The Apr 2 Full Moon had Venus in Taurus (Spring, new growth, etc)
      caught in a t-sq with Neptune in frigid Capricornus and its
      dispositor Saturn squelching the heat of Leo.

      It's unusually cold in other areas of the world as well - I was
      noticing that on the news.

      Love, Diana

      PS Manilius (ca 10 AD) called him "the shivering Sea-Goat"

      Website: http://ye-stars.com

    • Derek Reveres
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 8, 2007
        Hi Mark,

        When you are dealing with weather astrology, my understanding has always
        been that the physical location relative to the planets is important. For
        example, I would expect that where in the world Neptune is over this moment
        might experience rain or a cold pressure system if Neptune is activated by
        one of the faster planets. It is kinda similar to BB's idea of stars that
        rise and set locally based on where you live (parans, i believe they are
        called?).
        I live i Salt Lake, and while it has rained off and on the last couple
        weeks, it is hot enough to be summer here almost. We are in the 70s and
        pushing to the 80s. I would assume whatever planets are afflicting the
        Texas region are "over" that region by longitude and latitude, etc. That
        has been my understanding of weather astrology. But... it's still a subject
        i haven't fully explored, so im just offering a speculation based on what
        i've seen others type.
        And then there is also the natal charts of the state, city, etc. I haved
        heard that the city chart ofr New Orleans, for example, was configured in
        such a way that all the major hurricanes and storms since its founding have
        shown up in transits to the city's chart, including and especially with
        Katrina.
        I'm not sure how all of this relates to stars, but then i suppose there are
        those handful of stars that are aligned perfectly with your region and i'd
        look to see what activity has been going on with them

        http://maps.live.com/?icid=hmtag3
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 8, 2007
          --- Derek Reveres <l_awake_l@...> wrote:

          > Hi Mark,
          >
          > When you are dealing with weather astrology, my
          > understanding has always
          > been that the physical location relative to the
          > planets is important. For
          > example, I would expect that where in the world
          > Neptune is over this moment
          > might experience rain or a cold pressure system if
          > Neptune is activated by
          > one of the faster planets. It is kinda similar to
          > BB's idea of stars that
          > rise and set locally based on where you live
          > (parans, i believe they are
          > called?).
          > I live i Salt Lake, and while it has rained off and
          > on the last couple
          > weeks, it is hot enough to be summer here almost.
          > We are in the 70s and
          > pushing to the 80s. I would assume whatever planets
          > are afflicting the
          > Texas region are "over" that region by longitude and
          > latitude, etc. That
          > has been my understanding of weather astrology.
          > But... it's still a subject
          > i haven't fully explored, so im just offering a
          > speculation based on what
          > i've seen others type.
          > And then there is also the natal charts of the
          > state, city, etc. I haved
          > heard that the city chart ofr New Orleans, for
          > example, was configured in
          > such a way that all the major hurricanes and storms
          > since its founding have
          > shown up in transits to the city's chart, including
          > and especially with
          > Katrina.

          Um...I'm familiar with all this.

          > I'm not sure how all of this relates to stars, but
          > then i suppose there are
          > those handful of stars that are aligned perfectly
          > with your region and i'd
          > look to see what activity has been going on with
          > them

          The aspect Diana R. referred to occurring at the time
          of the last Full Moon, with Neptune in the stars of
          Capricornus, would likely have some special resonance
          for my area. I think a bunch of Sun Belt states have
          experienced this unseasonable cold and snow.

          Mark A. Holmes

          > >From: "Diana K Rosenberg" <fixed.stars@...>
          > >To: <thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com>
          > >Subject: [thefixedstars] cold and stars
          > >Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 04:11:58 -0400
          > >
          > >Mark sent
          > >
          > >It's unseasonably chilly in some parts of the
          > country.
          > >Like, I'm looking out my window right now, where
          > it's
          > >snowing, lightly. It is April--seventh; it is
          > >Texas;and it is snowing.
          > >
          > >Any ideas where this might be coming from
          > >astrologically? I was thinking stars in Ursa Major
          > or
          > >Ursa Minor or some other figure representing
          > something
          > >associated with cold; there doesn't appear to be
          > right
          > >now, but Mercury is aligned with BL Lacertae, which
          > it
          > >seems can get kind of crazy.
          > >==================================
          > >The one definite cold area I've found in the stars
          > is
          > >the Sea-Goat, which is all tropical Aquarius now.
          > >
          > >The Apr 2 Full Moon had Venus in Taurus (Spring,
          > new growth, etc)
          > >caught in a t-sq with Neptune in frigid Capricornus
          > and its
          > >dispositor Saturn squelching the heat of Leo.
          > >
          > >It's unusually cold in other areas of the world as
          > well - I was
          > >noticing that on the news.
          > >
          > >Love, Diana
          > >
          > >PS Manilius (ca 10 AD) called him "the shivering
          > Sea-Goat"
          > >
          > >Website: http://ye-stars.com

          TV dinner still cooling?
          http://tv.yahoo.com/
        • Derek Reveres
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 9, 2007
            Yikes sorry to pass on that unneeded info!!
            I have a friend in Missouri and she told me that it is freezing over there.
            So nope Texas is definitely not alone

            >Um...I'm familiar with all this.
            >

            >The aspect Diana R. referred to occurring at the time
            >of the last Full Moon, with Neptune in the stars of
            >Capricornus, would likely have some special resonance
            >for my area. I think a bunch of Sun Belt states have
            >experienced this unseasonable cold and snow.
            >
            >Mark A. Holmes

            Exercise your brain! Try Flexicon.
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 10, 2007
              --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Derek Reveres" <l_awake_l@...>
              wrote:

              > I have a friend in Missouri and she told me that it is freezing
              over there.
              > So nope Texas is definitely not alone

              I looked at the Texas state chart last night, and Texas is very close
              to its Neptune return, but I wouldn't call the April 2 Full Moon
              Venus square the Texas Neptune; however, Texas does have a wide
              Saturn-Neptune conjunction in Aquarius (in the chilly stars of
              Capricornus) and the April 2 Full Moon Venus does seem to be square
              the Texas Saturn (which has transiting Saturn opposing it).

              *Texas Monthly* magazine recently published an article (I think after
              the April 2 Full Moon) on how Bush came to Washington from Texas with
              his cadre of loyalists wanting to shake things up and instead got his
              butt handed to him.

              Mark A. Holmes