Fixed star alignments (April 1, 2007)

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2007
      As of noon CDT.

      Asterisks indicate new alignments (which didn't exist
      a week ago today with a 1 00' orb).

      Jupiter

      Tso Kang (Epsilon-1 Arae)

      Korban (Zeta Arae)

      Water-Lily Nebula (IRAS 16594-4656 Arae)

      Maasym (Lambda Herculis)

      *Bug Nebula (NGC 6302 Scorpii)

      Spindle Nebula (IRAS 17106-3046 Scorpii)

      Saturn

      NGC 2775 (Cancri; a galaxy)

      Outcast Star (SDSS J0907450+024507 Hydrae, a
      remarkable object which is leaving the galaxy at a
      high rate of speed)

      Alterf (Lambda Leonis)

      NGC 2903 (Leonis; a galaxy)

      RR Pictoris (cataclysmic variable)

      Naos (Zeta Puppis)

      CP Puppis (cataclysmic variable)

      Uranus

      Cheeseburger Nebula (NGC 7026 Cygni)

      Honda's Star (V1500 Cygni, aka Nova Cygni 1975, a
      bright nova discovered by Japanese astronomer Minoru
      Honda)

      Achernar (Alpha Eridani)

      RU Horologii (cataclysmic variable)

      Homan (Zeta Pegasi)

      Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis)

      Neptune

      LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)

      Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)

      Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)

      S Doradus

      Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; Phoenicopterus, the
      Flamingo, is a former name for Grus the Crane)

      *VW Hydri

      TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)

      Pluto

      Etamin (Gamma Draconis)

      AH Mensae (cataclysmic variable)

      Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)

      Velox Barnardi (aka Barnard's Star; Munich 15040
      Ophiuchi, a nearby star)

      Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii)

      Basanismus (G Scorpii)

      Acumen (M-7 Scorpii; Ptolemy's Cluster)

      Ceres

      *Skull Nebula (NGC 246 Ceti)

      Pallas

      *Kae Uh (Omicron Aquarii)

      *Helix Nebula (NGC 7293 Aquarii)

      *Nova Cygni 1920 (V476 Cygni; cataclysmic variable)

      *Enif (Epsilon Pegasi)

      *Lacaille 9352 (Piscis Austrini)

      Juno

      *Foramen (Eta Carinae)

      *Heze (Zeta Virginis)

      *Bow-Shock Nebula (Abell 35 Virginis)

      Vesta

      *Lucida Apodis (Alpha Apodis, the brightest star in
      Apus the Bird of Paradise)

      *RR Chamaeleontis

      *Sarin (Delta Herculis)

      *Great Attractor (Abell 3627 Normae)

      Chiron

      *Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)

      Dorsum (Theta Capricorni)

      CH Cygni

      *Hole-In-A-Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni)

      Veil Nebula (NGC 6960 Cygni)

      Deneb Dulfim (Epsilon Delphini)

      North Node

      Cheeseburger Nebula (NGC 7026 Cygni)

      Achernar (Alpha Eridani)

      RU Horologii (cataclysmic variable)

      Homan (Zeta Pegasi)

      South Node

      Ghost of Jupiter Nebula (NGC 3242 Hydrae)

      Copeland's Septet (Hickson 57 Leonis, a galaxy
      cluster)

      Mizar (Zeta Ursae Majoris)

      Alcor (80 Ursae Majoris)

      Don't pick lemons.
      See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
      http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 14, 2007

        > As of noon CDT.
        >

        > Asterisks indicate new alignments

        > Jupiter
        >

        > Tso Kang (Epsilon-1 Arae)
        >
        > Korban (Zeta Arae)
        >
        > Water-Lily Nebula (IRAS 16594-4656 Arae)
        >
        > Maasym (Lambda Herculis)
        >
        > *Bug Nebula (NGC 6302 Scorpii)

        having to do with bugs (insects or diseases)?

        > Spindle Nebula (IRAS 17106-3046 Scorpii)
        >

        > Saturn
        >

        > NGC 2775 (Cancri; a galaxy)
        >
        > Outcast Star (SDSS J0907450+024507 Hydrae, a
        > remarkable object which is leaving the galaxy at a
        > high rate of speed)
        >
        > Alterf (Lambda Leonis)
        >
        > NGC 2903 (Leonis; a galaxy)
        >
        > RR Pictoris (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Naos (Zeta Puppis)
        >
        > CP Puppis (cataclysmic variable)
        >

        > Uranus
        >

        > Cheeseburger Nebula (NGC 7026 Cygni)
        >
        > Honda's Star (V1500 Cygni, aka Nova Cygni 1975, a
        > bright nova discovered by Japanese astronomer Minoru
        > Honda)
        >
        > Achernar (Alpha Eridani)
        >
        > RU Horologii (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Homan (Zeta Pegasi)
        >
        > Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis)
        >

        > Neptune
        >

        > LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)
        >
        > Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)
        >
        > S Doradus
        >
        > Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; Phoenicopterus, the
        > Flamingo, is a former name for Grus the Crane)
        >
        > *VW Hydri

        VWs, a humble conveyance

        > TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)
        >

        > Pluto
        >

        > Etamin (Gamma Draconis)
        >
        > AH Mensae (cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
        >
        > Velox Barnardi (aka Barnard's Star; Munich 15040
        > Ophiuchi, a nearby star)
        >
        > Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Basanismus (G Scorpii)
        >
        > Acumen (M-7 Scorpii; Ptolemy's Cluster)
        >

        > Ceres
        >

        > *Skull Nebula (NGC 246 Ceti)

        death, a reminder of mortality

        > Pallas
        >

        > *Kae Uh (Omicron Aquarii)

        Mandarin = the roof

        > *Helix Nebula (NGC 7293 Aquarii)

        having to do with DNA?

        > *Nova Cygni 1920 (V476 Cygni; cataclysmic variable)
        >
        > *Enif (Epsilon Pegasi)

        Arabic = nose; on Pegasus' nose

        (smelling something bad?)

        > *Lacaille 9352 (Piscis Austrini)
        >

        > Juno
        >

        > *Foramen (Eta Carinae)

        "It causes peril, dignity, piety, usefulness and acquisitiveness,
        and gives danger to the eyes." (Robson)

        (Nancy Pelosi's trip to Syria?)

        > *Heze (Zeta Virginis)

        on Virgo's right hip

        > *Bow-Shock Nebula (Abell 35 Virginis)

        plowing forward, shoving others aside

        > Vesta
        >

        > *Lucida Apodis (Alpha Apodis, the brightest star in
        > Apus the Bird of Paradise)

        dedicated to being out of touch, in denial, or not earthbound (space
        travel?)

        > *RR Chamaeleontis

        having to do with railroads? railroaded? R&R?

        > *Sarin (Delta Herculis)

        sarin = a nerve gas

        > *Great Attractor (Abell 3627 Normae)

        "you are coming under the influence of something greater"

        > Chiron
        >

        > *Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)

        I have "destructive" for this one

        > Dorsum (Theta Capricorni)
        >
        > CH Cygni
        >
        > *Hole-In-A-Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni)

        something or somebody missing

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 15, 2007

          > *Bug Nebula (NGC 6302 Scorpii)

          Between Mu and Upsilon Scorpii (on one of the Scorpion's back right feet?)

          > *VW Hydri

          Between Gamma Hydri and Mu Mensae, close to the border of Mensa near
          the foot of the Mesa.

          > Velox Barnardi (aka Barnard's Star; Munich 15040
          > Ophiuchi, a nearby star)

          > *Skull Nebula (NGC 246 Ceti)

          Between Psi-2 and 18 Ceti, on the Whale's tail?

          > *Kae Uh (Omicron Aquarii)

          On the Water-Carrier's right shoulder, near Sadalmelek.

          > *Helix Nebula (NGC 7293 Aquarii)

          Close to Upsilon Aquarii, on Aquarius' foot.

          > *Nova Cygni 1920 (V476 Cygni; cataclysmic variable)

          North of 51 Cygni, sort of in the wake of the Swan as it flies.

          > *Lacaille 9352 (Piscis Austrini)

          Near Pi Piscis Austrini (in the Southern Fish's mouth)?

          > *Bow-Shock Nebula (Abell 35 Virginis)

          In the corner of Virgo where the boundaries of Virgo, Corvus and Hydra
          converge, between Psi Hydrae and Beta Corvi.

          > *RR Chamaeleontis

          In front of the Chameleon's forepaws and just behind the tail-feathers
          of the Bird of Paradise, close to the border with Apus.

          http://www.coldwater.k12.mi.us/lms/planetarium/myth/apus.html

          > *Great Attractor (Abell 3627 Normae)

          Trianguli Australe actually; north of Betria and Delta Trianguli
          Australe, near the border with Norma.