Re: Fixed star alignments (March 11, 2007)

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 24, 2007

      > As of noon CDT.
      >

      > Asterisks indicate new alignments, etc. Orb, 1 00'.
      >

      > Jupiter
      >

      > *Tso Kang (Epsilon-1 Arae)

      Chinese = the left watch

      (liberal watchdogs or liberals watching?)

      ?

      > Sabik (Eta Ophiuchi)
      >
      > Exclamation Mark Nebula (NGC 6309 Ophiuchi)
      >

      > Saturn
      >

      > *Outcast Star (SDSS J0907450+0245097 Hydrae)

      a recently discovered star which is leaving our galaxy at a fairly
      high rate of speed

      > *NGC 2903 (Leonis; a barred spiral galaxy)

      I think this is on Diana R.'s black hole list

      > *RR Pictoris (cataclysmic variable aka nova)

      having to do with railroads? or "are-are" (questions about identity or
      allegiance)

      > *Naos (Zeta Puppis)

      on the watch for something, gazing forward

      > Merak (Beta Ursae Majoris)
      >
      > Tania Borealis (Lambda Ursae Majoris)
      >

      > Uranus
      >

      > Cheeseburger Nebula (NGC 7026 Cygni)
      >
      > Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Hu 1-2 Cygni)

      Humason 1-2

      > The Horseshoe (Harrington STAR 28 Cygni, a little
      > asterism near 63 Cygni north of Deneb)
      >
      > Achernar (Alpha Eridani)
      >
      > *RU Horologii (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > Jih (Kappa Pegasi)
      >
      > Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis)
      >

      > Neptune
      >

      > *LZ Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)

      seen as not doing enough

      > Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)
      >
      > Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)
      >
      > The Red-Necked Emu (Harrington STAR 26 Cygni, an
      > asterism that's supposed to look like the name would
      > suggest)
      >
      > HR Delphini (cataclysmic variable aka nova)
      >
      > S Doradus (in Nubecula Major; one of the
      > intrinsically brightest stars known)
      >
      > Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; an obsolete name for
      > Grus the Crane is Phoenicopterus the Flamingo)
      >
      > IL Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable aka nova)
      >

      > Pluto
      >

      > Etamin (Gamma Draconis)

      isolation, heaviness (Bush?)

      > AH Mensae (cataclysmic variable aka nova)
      >
      > *Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
      >
      > Barnard's Star (Munich 15040 Ophiuchi; one of the
      > closest stars to our solar system)

      Also known as Velox Barnardi.

      > Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii; a variable star
      > which is believed to be a red giant in the process of
      > turning into a white dwarf)
      >
      > Integral X-Ray Nova 2006 (IGR J17497-2821 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Basanismus (G Scorpii)
      >
      > Acumen (M-7 Scorpii, Ptolemy's Cluster)
      >

      > Ceres
      >

      > *Cocoon Nebula (IC 5146 Cygni)

      seclusion, development(?)

      > *Deer Lick Group (a group of galaxies in Pegasus: NGC
      > 7331, 7335, 7336, 7337)

      having to do with wildlife or luring prey?

      > *Stephan's Quintet (a group of galaxies in Pegasus:
      > NGC 7317, 7318A, 7318B, 7319, 7320)

      the first to die, sacrifice, martyrdom (?)

      > Pallas
      >

      > *Kuh (Mu Capricorni)
      >
      > *Sador (Gamma Cygni)

      Arabic = breast

      > Juno
      >

      > *Tadpole Galaxy (Arp 188 Draconis)

      A tadpole is a young frog that swims, cannot leave the water, and does
      not call

      ("children should be seen and not heard"? kids' rights of
      self-expression? There is a case before the Supreme Court right now
      dealing with this issue)

      > Vesta
      >

      > *Kuma (Nu Draconis)

      "at last" (something happening at last); "kuma" also means "bear" in
      Japanese (has to do with bears?)

      > *Han (Zeta Ophiuchi)

      "brings trouble and disgrace" (Robson)

      > *Rho Ophiuchi

      defeating death, sickness, or some sort of affliction

      > *Antares (Alpha Scorpii)

      "It causes malevolence, destructiveness, liberality, broad-mindedness,
      and makes its natives rash, ravenous, headstrong and destructive to
      themselves by their own obstinacy." (Robson)

      > *Shark's Jaws Nebula (King 1-3 Scorpii)

      getting gobbled up or preyed upon (?)

      > *Gatria (Gamma Trianguli Australe)

      false prophets (the negative counterparts of the Father, Son and Holy
      Spirit in Christian theology are Devil, Antichrist and False Prophet)

      (cult leaders, religious scammers, Elmer Gantrys, people seen
      [wrongly] as false prophets?)

      > Chiron
      >

      > Albali (Epsilon Aquarii)
      >
      > Albulaan Borealis (Mu Aquarii)
      >
      > AE Aquarii (cataclysmic variable aka nova)
      >
      > Armus (Eta Capricorni)
      >
      > *Dorsum (Theta Capricorni)

      "unfortunate influence (Robson)

      > *CH Cygni

      having to do with that which is sweet or with sugars or sweeteners

      > *Veil Nebula (NGC 6960 Cygni)

      behind a veil, having to do with veils or with secrecy

      > Cygnus X-1

      impelling toward detachment