Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [thefixedstars] current transits

Expand Messages
  • Mark Andrew Holmes
    ... Yeah... ... I don t know; that debate has been going on for some time, but maybe there s been a spike in the focus on it lately somehow, I don t know.
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 12, 2007
    • 0 Attachment
      --- Diana K Rosenberg <fixed.stars@...> wrote:

      > Mark sent
      >
      > North Node
      > >
      > > RU Horologii (cataclysmic variable)
      > =====
      > Horologium is the clock - new time changes


      Yeah...


      >
      > ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
      > >
      > > Pluto
      > >
      > > RS Ophiuchi (cataclysmic variables, aka novae)
      >
      > "r's" = having to do with education?
      >
      > and
      >
      > > Uranus
      > >
      > > *Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Hu 1-2 Cygni)
      >
      > children being seen as not knowing anything? stupid
      > mistakes involving
      > children?
      >
      > The last 2 could relate to the concern over the
      > "epidemic" of autism
      > and the debate over whether it is indeed increasing


      I don't know; that debate has been going on for some
      time, but maybe there's been a spike in the focus on
      it lately somehow, I don't know.

      Another possibility: the No Child Left Behind Act is
      up for renewal this year and there have been media
      reports recently about learning-challenged children
      being shortchanged as a result of the law. They may
      have special requirements for testing that the law
      does not accommodate and they may get blamed when
      their school's test-score average does not meet
      standards set by the law, exposing the school to
      sanctions. There are some people in Congress who are
      trying to fix this.




      > - (yes, it's cruel to
      > use
      > "dumbbell" in that sense, because many autistic
      > children are very bright,
      > even
      > brilliant, but have great difficulty in school);
      > there is a (mild) case in
      > my family.


      Yes, autistic people's intelligence runs the gamut
      from profoundly retarded to very bright.


      Mark A. Holmes




      ____________________________________________________________________________________
      The fish are biting.
      Get more visitors on your site using Yahoo! Search Marketing.
      http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/arp/sponsoredsearch_v2.php
    • Derek Reveres
      ... The debate over autism is that vaccines containing a mercury-derived substance (thimerol or something like that) can bring on autism more rapidly and
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 12, 2007
      • 0 Attachment
        >From: "Rab" <rab@...>
        >Reply-To: thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
        >To: <thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: Re: [thefixedstars] current transits
        >Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 10:04:23 -0500
        >
        >
        >Autism - there's a debate?
        >In some quarter, I suppose so.
        >Likely it's the same quarter that's skeptical
        >about global warming and the world being older
        >than several thousand years 8-)

        The "debate" over autism is that vaccines containing a mercury-derived
        substance (thimerol or something like that) can bring on autism more rapidly
        and more deeply. Believers of this say that autism has risen signifcantly
        since the early 80's, which is either when vaccines became more mandated or
        the mercury was introduced into the vaccine (it is supposed to work as a
        preservative of the vaccine).
        I have never done any research on this so I can only pass on the info I do
        have. I also know that when i was younger I have what I believe to be
        autism (i was never diagnosed and my parents never seemed to notice) but it
        has gone away substantially over the years. I haven't had any vaccines
        since high school, but i could also blame my "recovery" on more social
        pursuits, etc.
        As I said above, it is a mercury-derived compound said to bring this on, so
        I suppose that would be the planet looked for in regards to astrological
        aspects, placements, etc. Natally I have Mercury in Pisces, retrograde, and
        making no aspects to any other planets.

        _________________________________________________________________
        Get a FREE Web site, company branded e-mail and more from Microsoft Office
        Live! http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/mcrssaub0050001411mrt/direct/01/
      • msbhavens1
        Ophiuchus Make me look it up, sheesh, its greek for Serpent holder... One is NOT supposed to use the word being defined to give a definition.... sigh.... and a
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 12, 2007
        • 0 Attachment
          Ophiuchus

          Make me look it up, sheesh, its greek for Serpent holder...
          One is NOT supposed to use the word being defined to give a
          definition.... sigh....

          and a Baby Dumbell is a SMALL Weight, not a stupid or slow child.

          okay Mercury went direct didn't it? really it did? I"m pretty darn
          sure... where is my communications misunderstanding stuff coming
          from?????probably from natal mercury conj Eris, I'm screwed for the
          next 20 years or so... someday I'll learn to communicate, but dont
          hold your breath, I think I learned to speak from aliens or something,
          no one understands me, sniff, sniff (melodramatic nonsense all for
          show, no worries mates)Woe is me! sniff...ger, going back to
          hibernate, the santa ana winds are killing me, makes any sane person
          grouchy...

          MissB
        • Derek Reveres
          ... Mercury is Direct but still in its shadow _________________________________________________________________ The average US Credit Score is 675. The cost to
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 12, 2007
          • 0 Attachment
            >
            >okay Mercury went direct didn't it? really it did? I"m pretty darn
            >sure... where is my communications misunderstanding stuff coming
            >from?????probably from natal mercury conj Eris,

            Mercury is Direct but still in its shadow

            _________________________________________________________________
            The average US Credit Score is 675. The cost to see yours: $0 by Experian.
            http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=660600&bcd=EMAILFOOTERAVERAGE
          • msbhavens1
            wouldn t horology be the study of time? I mean yes I think it relates to the silly change in time, but the word itself wouldn t it mean like a time study?
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 12, 2007
            • 0 Attachment
              wouldn't horology be the study of time? I mean yes I think it relates
              to the silly change in time, but the word itself wouldn't it mean
              like a time study?

              Autism, a question if someone has the source reference, is the actual
              percentage of children getting autism going up, or is it more babies
              mean more kids with Autism like 10 percent of 10 is 1 and 10 percent
              of 100 is 10??? or is it used to be 1 per hundred get it and now its
              6 or something per hundred? I haven't been hugely aware of this
              issue, though I"ve heard periphery discussions on it. though autism
              certainly does not necessarily mean slow by any means some autistic
              people are bloody genius, it is more a process issue, than an
              intelligence issue. so wouldnt' relate to dumbell in either case.
              though that use of the word dumbell is a poor translation of the word
              at best.

              MissB



              --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Mark Andrew Holmes
              <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:
              >
              >
              > --- Diana K Rosenberg <fixed.stars@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Mark sent
              > >
              > > North Node
              > > >
              > > > RU Horologii (cataclysmic variable)
              > > =====
              > > Horologium is the clock - new time changes
              >
              >
              > Yeah...
              >
              >
              > >
              > > ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
              > > >
              > > > Pluto
              > > >
              > > > RS Ophiuchi (cataclysmic variables, aka novae)
              > >
              > > "r's" = having to do with education?
              > >
              > > and
              > >
              > > > Uranus
              > > >
              > > > *Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Hu 1-2 Cygni)
              > >
              > > children being seen as not knowing anything? stupid
              > > mistakes involving
              > > children?
              > >
              > > The last 2 could relate to the concern over the
              > > "epidemic" of autism
              > > and the debate over whether it is indeed increasing
              >
              >
              > I don't know; that debate has been going on for some
              > time, but maybe there's been a spike in the focus on
              > it lately somehow, I don't know.
              >
              > Another possibility: the No Child Left Behind Act is
              > up for renewal this year and there have been media
              > reports recently about learning-challenged children
              > being shortchanged as a result of the law. They may
              > have special requirements for testing that the law
              > does not accommodate and they may get blamed when
              > their school's test-score average does not meet
              > standards set by the law, exposing the school to
              > sanctions. There are some people in Congress who are
              > trying to fix this.
              >
              >
              >
              >
              > > - (yes, it's cruel to
              > > use
              > > "dumbbell" in that sense, because many autistic
              > > children are very bright,
              > > even
              > > brilliant, but have great difficulty in school);
              > > there is a (mild) case in
              > > my family.
              >
              >
              > Yes, autistic people's intelligence runs the gamut
              > from profoundly retarded to very bright.
              >
              >
              > Mark A. Holmes
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              ______________________________________________________________________
              ______________
              > The fish are biting.
              > Get more visitors on your site using Yahoo! Search Marketing.
              > http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/arp/sponsoredsearch_v2.php
              >
            • Mark Andrew Holmes
              ... The number of diagnoses has gone up, but the reason for that is not clear. Some people think autism is caused by mercury poisoning through vaccines; *no*
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 12, 2007
              • 0 Attachment
                --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:


                >
                > Autism, a question if someone has the source
                > reference, is the actual
                > percentage of children getting autism going up, or
                > is it more babies
                > mean more kids with Autism like 10 percent of 10 is
                > 1 and 10 percent
                > of 100 is 10??? or is it used to be 1 per hundred
                > get it and now its
                > 6 or something per hundred?

                The number of diagnoses has gone up, but the reason
                for that is not clear.

                Some people think autism is caused by mercury
                poisoning through vaccines; *no* scientific studies
                support this idea, but it's widely believed. (BTW: A
                recent measles outbreak in the Midwest was traced to a
                teenage girl from Indiana whose parents had opted out
                of getting her shots and who picked measles up on a
                church trip to Romania and came back and gave measles
                to a bunch of other kids whose parents had also
                refused to have them vaccinated because they'd also
                bought into this notion of vaccines causing autism.
                And measles is no joke; kids can die from it.)

                http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/indiana/chi-ap-sou-measles-traveler,1,4573047.story?coll=chi-newsap_in-hed


                Regarding autism: Diagnoses of autism in the past were
                of blatant, severe cases; now we're seeing diagnoses
                of autism in kids who wouldn't have been diagnosed as
                autistic in the past, including some basically normal
                kids who may not be autistic at all and girls with
                Rett's syndrome...wait, I think this might have been
                mentioned recently; there was an article about a
                possible strategy for treating Rett syndrome. Rett
                syndrome cases aren't slow, just sort of detached from
                the outside world. CNN (I mean Sanjay Gupta's health
                report) was classifying Rett syndrome as a form of
                autism; I'm not sure they knew what they were talking
                about. Rett is genetic, not caused by a toxin.

                http://www.rettsyndrome.org/content.asp?pl=147&sl=961&contentid=961

                http://www.rettsyndrome.org/content.asp?contentid=1107


                But definitely with Uranus now aligned with Hu 1-2
                (whose nickname, the Baby Dumbbell Nebula, I'm not
                responsible for) there's concern about the impact of
                No Child Left Behind (up for renewal this year) on
                children with learning disabilities (including
                retardation) and the schools whose job it is to
                educate them. "Dumbbell" wouldn't be the nice thing to
                call them, of course, but it's something that mean
                kids *might* call them.


                And the "Hu" in Hu 1-2 stands for Humason. I think the
                American astronomer Milton L. Humason, who worked
                with the great Edwin Hubble, might have compiled a
                catalog of deep-sky objects at some point.

                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton_L._Humason

                http://vizier.u-strasbg.fr/viz-bin/Dic-Simbad?PN%20Hu

                http://www.skyhound.com/sh/archive/sep/PK_86-8.1.html


                Mark A. Holmes


                I haven't been hugely
                > aware of this
                > issue, though I"ve heard periphery discussions on
                > it. though autism
                > certainly does not necessarily mean slow by any
                > means some autistic
                > people are bloody genius, it is more a process
                > issue, than an
                > intelligence issue. so wouldnt' relate to dumbell in
                > either case.
                > though that use of the word dumbell is a poor
                > translation of the word
                > at best.
                >
                > MissB
                >
                >
                >
                > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Mark Andrew
                > Holmes
                > <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:
                > >
                > >
                > > --- Diana K Rosenberg <fixed.stars@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > > Mark sent
                > > >
                > > > North Node
                > > > >
                > > > > RU Horologii (cataclysmic variable)
                > > > =====
                > > > Horologium is the clock - new time changes
                > >
                > >
                > > Yeah...
                > >
                > >
                > > >
                > > > ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
                > > > >
                > > > > Pluto
                > > > >
                > > > > RS Ophiuchi (cataclysmic variables, aka novae)
                > > >
                > > > "r's" = having to do with education?
                > > >
                > > > and
                > > >
                > > > > Uranus
                > > > >
                > > > > *Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Hu 1-2 Cygni)
                > > >
                > > > children being seen as not knowing anything?
                > stupid
                > > > mistakes involving
                > > > children?
                > > >
                > > > The last 2 could relate to the concern over the
                > > > "epidemic" of autism
                > > > and the debate over whether it is indeed
                > increasing
                > >
                > >
                > > I don't know; that debate has been going on for
                > some
                > > time, but maybe there's been a spike in the focus
                > on
                > > it lately somehow, I don't know.
                > >
                > > Another possibility: the No Child Left Behind Act
                > is
                > > up for renewal this year and there have been media
                > > reports recently about learning-challenged
                > children
                > > being shortchanged as a result of the law. They
                > may
                > > have special requirements for testing that the law
                > > does not accommodate and they may get blamed when
                > > their school's test-score average does not meet
                > > standards set by the law, exposing the school to
                > > sanctions. There are some people in Congress who
                > are
                > > trying to fix this.
                > >
                > >
                > >
                > >
                > > > - (yes, it's cruel to
                > > > use
                > > > "dumbbell" in that sense, because many autistic
                > > > children are very bright,
                > > > even
                > > > brilliant, but have great difficulty in school);
                > > > there is a (mild) case in
                > > > my family.
                > >
                > >
                > > Yes, autistic people's intelligence runs the gamut
                > > from profoundly retarded to very bright.




                ____________________________________________________________________________________
                Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
                in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.
                http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/?link=list&sid=396545367
              • Page, Janis
                Hi Derek, The mercury preservative is called thimerosol. It was supposed to have been taken out of the vaccines a while ago, but may not have been taken out
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 13, 2007
                • 0 Attachment
                  Auditory dysfunction

                  Hi Derek,

                   

                  The mercury preservative is called thimerosol.  It was supposed to have been taken out of the vaccines a while ago, but may not have been taken out of all of them, plus they continued to use the thimerosol loaded vaccines that they had in stock for years after the supposed ban.   Autism is said to have gone up from 1 in 10,000 to 1 in 156 over the last few decades, which is a massively huge increase.  Another source of mercury is that it’s an environmental toxin found in high levels in coal emissions, and of course in some fish, so we have more work to do in cleaning the mercury out of our environment than just in the vaccines, tho from my research I think it really has been a contributor to the autism epidemic.   My opinion. 

                   

                  ‘fun facts to know and tell’ – #1 - we hear with our bones and skin as well as thru air-conduction thru our ears.  Bone-conduction levels of sensitivity should be somewhat lower than air-conduction thru all frequency levels in both ears.  It isn’t uncommon to find ‘spikes’ where bone conduction is more sensitive for many people, and that can indicate a boundary violation in the person’s early years.  Autistics, however, often have bone-conduction more sensitive than air-conduction throughout most if not all of their frequency ranges in both ears, which causes them to ‘feel’ sounds faster and more strongly than they ‘hear’ them, and can process them thru their minds.  Some are almost deafened by the sound of their own blood coursing thru their veins.  This extreme heightened sensitivity is part of the problem, and can sometimes be addressed by some specific listening programs, such as the Tomatis method, and/or Jeff Strong’s REI – rhythmic entrainment intervention program.  It’s amazing stuff. 

                   

                  ‘fun fact’ #2 – The Tibetans know how to detoxify mercury so it isn’t a health risk (except to the ones doing the detoxifying process!) and mercury is an ingredient in a number of Tibetan medicines, notably many ‘precious pills’, which work on many energy-body levels, and do not cause problems.  I’ve taken them a number of times.  In fact, detoxified mercury is considered to be highly effective in treating many mental disorders.  Tibetan psychiatry generally has a better success rate in healing than western psychiatry, which of course is often dependent on drugs that are loaded with all kinds of problems.   Western medicine in general isn’t very focused on healing or curing anymore, but on profit, and the bucks go to developing and marketing drugs that generally have to be taken long term if not for life.  But that’s another soap-box…  J 

                   

                  --janis

                   


                  From: thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com [mailto: thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Derek Reveres
                  Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 7:07 PM
                  To: thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
                  Subject: Re: [thefixedstars] current transits

                   


                  The "debate" over autism is that vaccines containing a mercury-derived
                  substance (thimerol or something like that) can bring on autism more rapidly
                  and more deeply. Believers of this say that autism has risen signifcantly
                  since the early 80's, which is either when vaccines became more mandated or
                  the mercury was introduced into the vaccine (it is supposed to work as a
                  preservative of the vaccine).
                  I have never done any research on this so I can only pass on the info I do
                  have. I also know that when i was younger I have what I believe to be
                  autism (i was never diagnosed and my parents never seemed to notice) but it
                  has gone away substantially over the years. I haven't had any vaccines
                  since high school, but i could also blame my "recovery" on more social
                  pursuits, etc.
                  As I said above, it is a mercury-derived compound said to bring this on, so
                  I suppose that would be the planet looked for in regards to astrological
                  aspects, placements, etc. Natally I have Mercury in Pisces, retrograde, and
                  making no aspects to any other planets.

                  __

                • Derek Reveres
                  Hi Janis, thank you for passing that information along. I have a question tho, the fun fact #1 kinda gives the impression that people who are sensitive and/or
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 13, 2007
                  • 0 Attachment
                    Hi Janis, thank you for passing that information along. I have a question
                    tho, the fun fact #1 kinda gives the impression that people who are
                    sensitive and/or "psychic" might be picking up those extra sensations
                    through their bones, or rather this would be one scientific way of
                    explaining it to the skeptics. Do you think that is so, or am I confusing
                    together 2 very different things?


                    >From: "Page, Janis" <Janis.Page@...>
                    >Reply-To: thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
                    >To: <thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com>
                    >Subject: RE: [thefixedstars] current transits
                    >Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 01:26:15 -0600
                    >
                    >Hi Derek,
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >The mercury preservative is called thimerosol. It was supposed to have
                    >been taken out of the vaccines a while ago, but may not have been taken
                    >out of all of them, plus they continued to use the thimerosol loaded
                    >vaccines that they had in stock for years after the supposed ban.
                    >Autism is said to have gone up from 1 in 10,000 to 1 in 156 over the
                    >last few decades, which is a massively huge increase. Another source of
                    >mercury is that it's an environmental toxin found in high levels in coal
                    >emissions, and of course in some fish, so we have more work to do in
                    >cleaning the mercury out of our environment than just in the vaccines,
                    >tho from my research I think it really has been a contributor to the
                    >autism epidemic. My opinion.
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >'fun facts to know and tell' - #1 - we hear with our bones and skin as
                    >well as thru air-conduction thru our ears. Bone-conduction levels of
                    >sensitivity should be somewhat lower than air-conduction thru all
                    >frequency levels in both ears. It isn't uncommon to find 'spikes' where
                    >bone conduction is more sensitive for many people, and that can indicate
                    >a boundary violation in the person's early years. Autistics, however,
                    >often have bone-conduction more sensitive than air-conduction throughout
                    >most if not all of their frequency ranges in both ears, which causes
                    >them to 'feel' sounds faster and more strongly than they 'hear' them,
                    >and can process them thru their minds. Some are almost deafened by the
                    >sound of their own blood coursing thru their veins. This extreme
                    >heightened sensitivity is part of the problem, and can sometimes be
                    >addressed by some specific listening programs, such as the Tomatis
                    >method, and/or Jeff Strong's REI - rhythmic entrainment intervention
                    >program. It's amazing stuff.
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >'fun fact' #2 - The Tibetans know how to detoxify mercury so it isn't a
                    >health risk (except to the ones doing the detoxifying process!) and
                    >mercury is an ingredient in a number of Tibetan medicines, notably many
                    >'precious pills', which work on many energy-body levels, and do not
                    >cause problems. I've taken them a number of times. In fact, detoxified
                    >mercury is considered to be highly effective in treating many mental
                    >disorders. Tibetan psychiatry generally has a better success rate in
                    >healing than western psychiatry, which of course is often dependent on
                    >drugs that are loaded with all kinds of problems. Western medicine in
                    >general isn't very focused on healing or curing anymore, but on profit,
                    >and the bucks go to developing and marketing drugs that generally have
                    >to be taken long term if not for life. But that's another soap-box...
                    >:-)
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >--janis
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >________________________________
                    >
                    >From: thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
                    >[mailto:thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Derek Reveres
                    >Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 7:07 PM
                    >To: thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: Re: [thefixedstars] current transits
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >The "debate" over autism is that vaccines containing a mercury-derived
                    >substance (thimerol or something like that) can bring on autism more
                    >rapidly
                    >and more deeply. Believers of this say that autism has risen
                    >signifcantly
                    >since the early 80's, which is either when vaccines became more mandated
                    >or
                    >the mercury was introduced into the vaccine (it is supposed to work as a
                    >
                    >preservative of the vaccine).
                    >I have never done any research on this so I can only pass on the info I
                    >do
                    >have. I also know that when i was younger I have what I believe to be
                    >autism (i was never diagnosed and my parents never seemed to notice) but
                    >it
                    >has gone away substantially over the years. I haven't had any vaccines
                    >since high school, but i could also blame my "recovery" on more social
                    >pursuits, etc.
                    >As I said above, it is a mercury-derived compound said to bring this on,
                    >so
                    >I suppose that would be the planet looked for in regards to astrological
                    >
                    >aspects, placements, etc. Natally I have Mercury in Pisces, retrograde,
                    >and
                    >making no aspects to any other planets.
                    >
                    >__
                    >

                    _________________________________________________________________
                    With tax season right around the corner, make sure to follow these few
                    simple tips.
                    http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Taxes/PreparationTips/PreparationTips.aspx?icid=HMFebtagline
                  • msbhavens1
                    Working like I have with Biotech companies for the last coupleyears, I must say that diagnosis has expanded adn changed so much that comparing data is more an
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 13, 2007
                    • 0 Attachment
                      Working like I have with Biotech companies for the last coupleyears,
                      I must say that diagnosis has expanded adn changed so much that
                      comparing data is more an indication of what has changed in the
                      ability to Diagnose, than in the actual kind and number of deseases
                      present and diagnosed in the past.

                      so it is often difficult to determine if you have a reasonable
                      comparison. For instance, it has been assumed for many years that
                      polio was the cause of FDRs paralysis, but it is now thought that he
                      had a rare virus that has similar effects and not polio.. so how do
                      we know which cases in the past, pre-polio vaccine, are really polio
                      and not that odd virus? and as far as Vaccines are concerned I have
                      family in the midwest who are allergic to the polio vaccine, and yet
                      are also very susseptible to polio, the family was darn near wiped
                      out a couple of times on that side. so if someone else goes to
                      another country and brings it back..... they would be screwed!
                      sigh... the number of people who cant' get a particular vaccine are
                      extremely few, but for people who worry about it, you can test your
                      kids for vaccine before giving it to them if you are that worried
                      about it. A lot less painful than a bunch of dead kids. well my two
                      cents worth. ;-)

                      MissB


                      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Mark Andrew Holmes
                      <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:
                      >
                      >
                      > --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:
                      >
                      >
                      > >
                      > > Autism, a question if someone has the source
                      > > reference, is the actual
                      > > percentage of children getting autism going up, or
                      > > is it more babies
                      > > mean more kids with Autism like 10 percent of 10 is
                      > > 1 and 10 percent
                      > > of 100 is 10??? or is it used to be 1 per hundred
                      > > get it and now its
                      > > 6 or something per hundred?
                      >
                      > The number of diagnoses has gone up, but the reason
                      > for that is not clear.
                      >
                      > Some people think autism is caused by mercury
                      > poisoning through vaccines; *no* scientific studies
                      > support this idea, but it's widely believed. (BTW: A
                      > recent measles outbreak in the Midwest was traced to a
                      > teenage girl from Indiana whose parents had opted out
                      > of getting her shots and who picked measles up on a
                      > church trip to Romania and came back and gave measles
                      > to a bunch of other kids whose parents had also
                      > refused to have them vaccinated because they'd also
                      > bought into this notion of vaccines causing autism.
                      > And measles is no joke; kids can die from it.)
                      >
                      > http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/indiana/chi-ap-sou-measles-
                      traveler,1,4573047.story?coll=chi-newsap_in-hed
                      >
                      >
                      > Regarding autism: Diagnoses of autism in the past were
                      > of blatant, severe cases; now we're seeing diagnoses
                      > of autism in kids who wouldn't have been diagnosed as
                      > autistic in the past, including some basically normal
                      > kids who may not be autistic at all and girls with
                      > Rett's syndrome...wait, I think this might have been
                      > mentioned recently; there was an article about a
                      > possible strategy for treating Rett syndrome. Rett
                      > syndrome cases aren't slow, just sort of detached from
                      > the outside world. CNN (I mean Sanjay Gupta's health
                      > report) was classifying Rett syndrome as a form of
                      > autism; I'm not sure they knew what they were talking
                      > about. Rett is genetic, not caused by a toxin.
                      >
                      > http://www.rettsyndrome.org/content.asp?pl=147&sl=961&contentid=961
                      >
                      > http://www.rettsyndrome.org/content.asp?contentid=1107
                      >
                      >
                      > But definitely with Uranus now aligned with Hu 1-2
                      > (whose nickname, the Baby Dumbbell Nebula, I'm not
                      > responsible for) there's concern about the impact of
                      > No Child Left Behind (up for renewal this year) on
                      > children with learning disabilities (including
                      > retardation) and the schools whose job it is to
                      > educate them. "Dumbbell" wouldn't be the nice thing to
                      > call them, of course, but it's something that mean
                      > kids *might* call them.
                      >
                      >
                      > And the "Hu" in Hu 1-2 stands for Humason. I think the
                      > American astronomer Milton L. Humason, who worked
                      > with the great Edwin Hubble, might have compiled a
                      > catalog of deep-sky objects at some point.
                      >
                      > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton_L._Humason
                      >
                      > http://vizier.u-strasbg.fr/viz-bin/Dic-Simbad?PN%20Hu
                      >
                      > http://www.skyhound.com/sh/archive/sep/PK_86-8.1.html
                      >
                      >
                      > Mark A. Holmes
                      >
                      >
                      > I haven't been hugely
                      > > aware of this
                      > > issue, though I"ve heard periphery discussions on
                      > > it. though autism
                      > > certainly does not necessarily mean slow by any
                      > > means some autistic
                      > > people are bloody genius, it is more a process
                      > > issue, than an
                      > > intelligence issue. so wouldnt' relate to dumbell in
                      > > either case.
                      > > though that use of the word dumbell is a poor
                      > > translation of the word
                      > > at best.
                      > >
                      > > MissB
                      > >
                      > >
                      > >
                      > > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Mark Andrew
                      > > Holmes
                      > > <mahtezcatpoc@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > >
                      > > > --- Diana K Rosenberg <fixed.stars@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > > Mark sent
                      > > > >
                      > > > > North Node
                      > > > > >
                      > > > > > RU Horologii (cataclysmic variable)
                      > > > > =====
                      > > > > Horologium is the clock - new time changes
                      > > >
                      > > >
                      > > > Yeah...
                      > > >
                      > > >
                      > > > >
                      > > > > ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
                      > > > > >
                      > > > > > Pluto
                      > > > > >
                      > > > > > RS Ophiuchi (cataclysmic variables, aka novae)
                      > > > >
                      > > > > "r's" = having to do with education?
                      > > > >
                      > > > > and
                      > > > >
                      > > > > > Uranus
                      > > > > >
                      > > > > > *Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Hu 1-2 Cygni)
                      > > > >
                      > > > > children being seen as not knowing anything?
                      > > stupid
                      > > > > mistakes involving
                      > > > > children?
                      > > > >
                      > > > > The last 2 could relate to the concern over the
                      > > > > "epidemic" of autism
                      > > > > and the debate over whether it is indeed
                      > > increasing
                      > > >
                      > > >
                      > > > I don't know; that debate has been going on for
                      > > some
                      > > > time, but maybe there's been a spike in the focus
                      > > on
                      > > > it lately somehow, I don't know.
                      > > >
                      > > > Another possibility: the No Child Left Behind Act
                      > > is
                      > > > up for renewal this year and there have been media
                      > > > reports recently about learning-challenged
                      > > children
                      > > > being shortchanged as a result of the law. They
                      > > may
                      > > > have special requirements for testing that the law
                      > > > does not accommodate and they may get blamed when
                      > > > their school's test-score average does not meet
                      > > > standards set by the law, exposing the school to
                      > > > sanctions. There are some people in Congress who
                      > > are
                      > > > trying to fix this.
                      > > >
                      > > >
                      > > >
                      > > >
                      > > > > - (yes, it's cruel to
                      > > > > use
                      > > > > "dumbbell" in that sense, because many autistic
                      > > > > children are very bright,
                      > > > > even
                      > > > > brilliant, but have great difficulty in school);
                      > > > > there is a (mild) case in
                      > > > > my family.
                      > > >
                      > > >
                      > > > Yes, autistic people's intelligence runs the gamut
                      > > > from profoundly retarded to very bright.
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      ______________________________________________________________________
                      ______________
                      > Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
                      > in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.
                      > http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/?link=list&sid=396545367
                      >
                    • msbhavens1
                      discussion interspersed bellow.... ... to have been taken out of the vaccines a while ago, but may not have been taken out of all of them, plus they continued
                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 13, 2007
                      • 0 Attachment
                        discussion interspersed bellow....
                        > >From: "Page, Janis" <Janis.Page@...>
                        > >Reply-To: thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
                        > >To: <thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com>
                        > >Subject: RE: [thefixedstars] current transits
                        > >Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 01:26:15 -0600
                        > >
                        > >Hi Derek,
                        >> >The mercury preservative is called thimerosol. It was supposed
                        to have been taken out of the vaccines a while ago, but may not have
                        been taken out of all of them, plus they continued to use the
                        thimerosol loaded vaccines that they had in stock for years after the
                        supposed ban. Autism is said to have gone up from 1 in 10,000 to 1 in
                        156 over the last few decades, which is a massively huge increase.

                        MissB enquires: how much of this change is due to changes in
                        Diagnosis and ability to diagnose (autism has been misdiagnosed as
                        retardation for centuries, even in the last couple of decades) and
                        also inclusion of milder forms that were never considered before? I
                        have difficulties with the numbers these days because of the changes
                        in diagnosis in last few decades. ergo, I find the numbers
                        questionable, not that there isn't 1 in 156, but that there weren't 1
                        in 156 before that were just not being properly diagnosed.



                        Another source of mercury is that it's an environmental toxin found
                        in high levels in coal emissions, and of course in some fish, so we
                        have more work to do in cleaning the mercury out of our environment
                        than just in the vaccines, tho from my research I think it really has
                        been a contributor to the
                        > >autism epidemic. My opinion.


                        MissB - mercury is a problem as are other heavy elements, I can no
                        longer eat Tuna mroe than say once a month, it makes me violently
                        ill, I can taste the metal in it, even when its from the butcher, not
                        the can. Makes me wonder what effects its having on the Dolphin
                        community, being their favorite and all.


                        > >'fun facts to know and tell' - #1 - we hear with our bones and
                        skin as well as thru air-conduction thru our ears. Bone-conduction
                        levels of sensitivity should be somewhat lower than air-conduction
                        thru all frequency levels in both ears. It isn't uncommon to
                        find 'spikes' where bone conduction is more sensitive for many
                        people, and that can indicate a boundary violation in the person's
                        early years. Autistics, however, often have bone-conduction more
                        sensitive than air-conduction throughout most if not all of their
                        frequency ranges in both ears, which causes them to 'feel' sounds
                        faster and more strongly than they 'hear' them,and can process them
                        thru their minds.

                        MissB- bass at 14 decibls or above hurts me physically and gives me
                        violent tendencies...

                        I also wonder if dolphin Therapy might not be useful in autistic
                        treatment as they would definitely feel the sonar and Dolphins can
                        change brain patterns drastically. They are extremely useful in
                        calming violent down syndrome children. One visit in a pool with
                        dolphins can have long term gentling effects on them. MRIs done pre
                        and post show significant brain pattern change. might be somethign to
                        look into.

                        Janis - Some are almost deafened by the
                        > >sound of their own blood coursing thru their veins. This extreme
                        > >heightened sensitivity is part of the problem, and can sometimes be
                        > >addressed by some specific listening programs, such as the Tomatis
                        > >method, and/or Jeff Strong's REI - rhythmic entrainment
                        intervention
                        > >program. It's amazing stuff.
                        > >
                        > >
                        > >
                        > >'fun fact' #2 -snippage - Western medicine in
                        > >general isn't very focused on healing or curing anymore, but on
                        profit,
                        > >and the bucks go to developing and marketing drugs that generally
                        have
                        > >to be taken long term if not for life. But that's another soap-
                        box...
                        > >:-)


                        MissB - I would add to that, its mroe about treating symptoms than
                        the illness. where as eastern medicine attempts to treat the illness,
                        even if not always effective. Western medicne can also focus on
                        removal instead of fixing something which is also not necessarily a
                        good idea in my opinion, but hey... semantics interesting thoughts...
                        MissB


                        > >
                        > >
                        > >
                        > >--janis
                        > >
                        > >
                        > >
                        > >________________________________
                        > >
                        > >From: thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
                        > >[mailto:thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Derek Reveres
                        > >Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 7:07 PM
                        > >To: thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
                        > >Subject: Re: [thefixedstars] current transits
                        > >
                        > >
                        > >
                        > >
                        > >The "debate" over autism is that vaccines containing a mercury-
                        derived
                        > >substance (thimerol or something like that) can bring on autism
                        more
                        > >rapidly
                        > >and more deeply. Believers of this say that autism has risen
                        > >signifcantly
                        > >since the early 80's, which is either when vaccines became more
                        mandated
                        > >or
                        > >the mercury was introduced into the vaccine (it is supposed to
                        work as a
                        > >
                        > >preservative of the vaccine).
                        > >I have never done any research on this so I can only pass on the
                        info I
                        > >do
                        > >have. I also know that when i was younger I have what I believe to
                        be
                        > >autism (i was never diagnosed and my parents never seemed to
                        notice) but
                        > >it
                        > >has gone away substantially over the years. I haven't had any
                        vaccines
                        > >since high school, but i could also blame my "recovery" on more
                        social
                        > >pursuits, etc.
                        > >As I said above, it is a mercury-derived compound said to bring
                        this on,
                        > >so
                        > >I suppose that would be the planet looked for in regards to
                        astrological
                        > >
                        > >aspects, placements, etc. Natally I have Mercury in Pisces,
                        retrograde,
                        > >and
                        > >making no aspects to any other planets.
                        > >
                        > >__
                        > >
                        >
                        > _________________________________________________________________
                        > With tax season right around the corner, make sure to follow these
                        few
                        > simple tips.
                        >
                        http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Taxes/PreparationTips/Preparation
                        Tips.aspx?icid=HMFebtagline
                        >
                      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.