Re: [thefixedstars] Re: current transits

    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 12, 2007
      --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

      > couple o' thin's bellow
      >
      > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Diana K
      > Rosenberg"
      > <fixed.stars@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > > RS Ophiuchi (cataclysmic variables, aka novae)
      >
      > does anyone know what ophiuchi means? or is it
      > someones name or ?

      It's the genitive of Ophiuchus. RS Ophiuchi is in that
      constellation (Ophiuchus). RS is an Argelander
      designation signifying a variable star.

      > > > Uranus
      > > >
      > > > *Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Hu 1-2 Cygni)
      >
      > > The last 2 could relate to the concern over the
      > "epidemic" of autism
      > > and the debate over whether it is indeed
      > increasing - (yes, it's
      > cruel to use "dumbbell" in that sense, because many
      > autistic children
      > are very bright, even brilliant, but have great
      > difficulty in
      > school); there is a (mild) case in my family.
      >
      > I was thinking that would be amistranslation of the
      > meaning of baby
      > dumbell which would bea small weight? ? ? possibly
      > another thought
      > here would be a change(uranus) in what people
      > consider to be small
      > problems? (a small weight?)

      It's a nickname for the object (a nebula) whose
      catalog number is Hu 1-2. I think "Hu" may stand for
      Hubble, but I'm not sure.

      Looking for earth-friendly autos?
      http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 12, 2007
        --- Diana K Rosenberg <fixed.stars@...> wrote:

        > Mark sent
        >
        > North Node
        > >
        > > RU Horologii (cataclysmic variable)
        > =====
        > Horologium is the clock - new time changes

        Yeah...

        > ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
        > >
        > > Pluto
        > >
        > > RS Ophiuchi (cataclysmic variables, aka novae)
        >
        > "r's" = having to do with education?
        >
        > and
        >
        > > Uranus
        > >
        > > *Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Hu 1-2 Cygni)
        >
        > children being seen as not knowing anything? stupid
        > mistakes involving
        > children?
        >
        > The last 2 could relate to the concern over the
        > "epidemic" of autism
        > and the debate over whether it is indeed increasing

        I don't know; that debate has been going on for some
        time, but maybe there's been a spike in the focus on
        it lately somehow, I don't know.

        Another possibility: the No Child Left Behind Act is
        up for renewal this year and there have been media
        reports recently about learning-challenged children
        being shortchanged as a result of the law. They may
        have special requirements for testing that the law
        does not accommodate and they may get blamed when
        their school's test-score average does not meet
        standards set by the law, exposing the school to
        sanctions. There are some people in Congress who are
        trying to fix this.

        > - (yes, it's cruel to
        > use
        > "dumbbell" in that sense, because many autistic
        > children are very bright,
        > even
        > brilliant, but have great difficulty in school);
        > there is a (mild) case in
        > my family.

        Yes, autistic people's intelligence runs the gamut
        from profoundly retarded to very bright.

        The fish are biting.
      • Derek Reveres
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 12, 2007
          >From: "Rab" <rab@...>
          >To: <thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com>
          >Subject: Re: [thefixedstars] current transits
          >Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 10:04:23 -0500
          >

          >Autism - there's a debate?
          >In some quarter, I suppose so.
          >Likely it's the same quarter that's skeptical
          >about global warming and the world being older
          >than several thousand years 8-)

          The "debate" over autism is that vaccines containing a mercury-derived
          substance (thimerol or something like that) can bring on autism more rapidly
          and more deeply. Believers of this say that autism has risen signifcantly
          since the early 80's, which is either when vaccines became more mandated or
          the mercury was introduced into the vaccine (it is supposed to work as a
          preservative of the vaccine).
          I have never done any research on this so I can only pass on the info I do
          have. I also know that when i was younger I have what I believe to be
          autism (i was never diagnosed and my parents never seemed to notice) but it
          has gone away substantially over the years. I haven't had any vaccines
          since high school, but i could also blame my "recovery" on more social
          pursuits, etc.
          As I said above, it is a mercury-derived compound said to bring this on, so
          I suppose that would be the planet looked for in regards to astrological
          aspects, placements, etc. Natally I have Mercury in Pisces, retrograde, and
          making no aspects to any other planets.

          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 12, 2007
            Ophiuchus

            Make me look it up, sheesh, its greek for Serpent holder...
            One is NOT supposed to use the word being defined to give a
            definition.... sigh....

            and a Baby Dumbell is a SMALL Weight, not a stupid or slow child.

            okay Mercury went direct didn't it? really it did? I"m pretty darn
            sure... where is my communications misunderstanding stuff coming
            from?????probably from natal mercury conj Eris, I'm screwed for the
            next 20 years or so... someday I'll learn to communicate, but dont
            hold your breath, I think I learned to speak from aliens or something,
            no one understands me, sniff, sniff (melodramatic nonsense all for
            show, no worries mates)Woe is me! sniff...ger, going back to
            hibernate, the santa ana winds are killing me, makes any sane person
            grouchy...

            MissB
          • Derek Reveres
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 12, 2007

              >okay Mercury went direct didn't it? really it did? I"m pretty darn
              >sure... where is my communications misunderstanding stuff coming
              >from?????probably from natal mercury conj Eris,

              Mercury is Direct but still in its shadow

              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 12, 2007
                wouldn't horology be the study of time? I mean yes I think it relates
                to the silly change in time, but the word itself wouldn't it mean
                like a time study?

                Autism, a question if someone has the source reference, is the actual
                percentage of children getting autism going up, or is it more babies
                mean more kids with Autism like 10 percent of 10 is 1 and 10 percent
                of 100 is 10??? or is it used to be 1 per hundred get it and now its
                6 or something per hundred? I haven't been hugely aware of this
                issue, though I"ve heard periphery discussions on it. though autism
                certainly does not necessarily mean slow by any means some autistic
                people are bloody genius, it is more a process issue, than an
                intelligence issue. so wouldnt' relate to dumbell in either case.
                though that use of the word dumbell is a poor translation of the word
                at best.

                ______________

                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 12, 2007
                  --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

                  > Autism, a question if someone has the source
                  > reference, is the actual
                  > percentage of children getting autism going up, or
                  > is it more babies
                  > mean more kids with Autism like 10 percent of 10 is
                  > 1 and 10 percent
                  > of 100 is 10??? or is it used to be 1 per hundred
                  > get it and now its
                  > 6 or something per hundred?

                  The number of diagnoses has gone up, but the reason
                  for that is not clear.

                  Some people think autism is caused by mercury
                  poisoning through vaccines; *no* scientific studies
                  support this idea, but it's widely believed. (BTW: A
                  recent measles outbreak in the Midwest was traced to a
                  teenage girl from Indiana whose parents had opted out
                  of getting her shots and who picked measles up on a
                  church trip to Romania and came back and gave measles
                  to a bunch of other kids whose parents had also
                  refused to have them vaccinated because they'd also
                  bought into this notion of vaccines causing autism.
                  And measles is no joke; kids can die from it.)

                  http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/indiana/chi-ap-sou-measles-traveler,1,4573047.story?coll=chi-newsap_in-hed

                  Regarding autism: Diagnoses of autism in the past were
                  of blatant, severe cases; now we're seeing diagnoses
                  of autism in kids who wouldn't have been diagnosed as
                  autistic in the past, including some basically normal
                  kids who may not be autistic at all and girls with
                  Rett's syndrome...wait, I think this might have been
                  mentioned recently; there was an article about a
                  possible strategy for treating Rett syndrome. Rett
                  syndrome cases aren't slow, just sort of detached from
                  the outside world. CNN (I mean Sanjay Gupta's health
                  report) was classifying Rett syndrome as a form of
                  autism; I'm not sure they knew what they were talking
                  about. Rett is genetic, not caused by a toxin.

                  http://www.rettsyndrome.org/content.asp?pl=147&sl=961&contentid=961

                  http://www.rettsyndrome.org/content.asp?contentid=1107

                  But definitely with Uranus now aligned with Hu 1-2
                  (whose nickname, the Baby Dumbbell Nebula, I'm not
                  responsible for) there's concern about the impact of
                  No Child Left Behind (up for renewal this year) on
                  children with learning disabilities (including
                  retardation) and the schools whose job it is to
                  educate them. "Dumbbell" wouldn't be the nice thing to
                  call them, of course, but it's something that mean
                  kids *might* call them.

                  And the "Hu" in Hu 1-2 stands for Humason. I think the
                  American astronomer Milton L. Humason, who worked
                  with the great Edwin Hubble, might have compiled a
                  catalog of deep-sky objects at some point.

                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton_L._Humason

                  http://vizier.u-strasbg.fr/viz-bin/Dic-Simbad?PN%20Hu

                  http://www.skyhound.com/sh/archive/sep/PK_86-8.1.html

                  Mark A. Holmes

                  I haven't been hugely

                  Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
                  in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.
                • Page, Janis
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 13, 2007
                    Auditory dysfunction

                    Hi Derek,

                    The mercury preservative is called thimerosol.  It was supposed to have been taken out of the vaccines a while ago, but may not have been taken out of all of them, plus they continued to use the thimerosol loaded vaccines that they had in stock for years after the supposed ban.   Autism is said to have gone up from 1 in 10,000 to 1 in 156 over the last few decades, which is a massively huge increase.  Another source of mercury is that it’s an environmental toxin found in high levels in coal emissions, and of course in some fish, so we have more work to do in cleaning the mercury out of our environment than just in the vaccines, tho from my research I think it really has been a contributor to the autism epidemic.   My opinion.

                    ‘fun facts to know and tell’ – #1 - we hear with our bones and skin as well as thru air-conduction thru our ears.  Bone-conduction levels of sensitivity should be somewhat lower than air-conduction thru all frequency levels in both ears.  It isn’t uncommon to find ‘spikes’ where bone conduction is more sensitive for many people, and that can indicate a boundary violation in the person’s early years.  Autistics, however, often have bone-conduction more sensitive than air-conduction throughout most if not all of their frequency ranges in both ears, which causes them to ‘feel’ sounds faster and more strongly than they ‘hear’ them, and can process them thru their minds.  Some are almost deafened by the sound of their own blood coursing thru their veins.  This extreme heightened sensitivity is part of the problem, and can sometimes be addressed by some specific listening programs, such as the Tomatis method, and/or Jeff Strong’s REI – rhythmic entrainment intervention program.  It’s amazing stuff.

                    ‘fun fact’ #2 – The Tibetans know how to detoxify mercury so it isn’t a health risk (except to the ones doing the detoxifying process!) and mercury is an ingredient in a number of Tibetan medicines, notably many ‘precious pills’, which work on many energy-body levels, and do not cause problems.  I’ve taken them a number of times.  In fact, detoxified mercury is considered to be highly effective in treating many mental disorders.  Tibetan psychiatry generally has a better success rate in healing than western psychiatry, which of course is often dependent on drugs that are loaded with all kinds of problems.   Western medicine in general isn’t very focused on healing or curing anymore, but on profit, and the bucks go to developing and marketing drugs that generally have to be taken long term if not for life.  But that’s another soap-box…  J

                    --janis

                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 13, 2007
                      Hi Janis, thank you for passing that information along. I have a question
                      tho, the fun fact #1 kinda gives the impression that people who are
                      sensitive and/or "psychic" might be picking up those extra sensations
                      through their bones, or rather this would be one scientific way of
                      explaining it to the skeptics. Do you think that is so, or am I confusing
                      together 2 very different things?

                      simple tips.
                      http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Taxes/PreparationTips/PreparationTips.aspx?icid=HMFebtagline
                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 13, 2007
                        Working like I have with Biotech companies for the last coupleyears,
                        I must say that diagnosis has expanded adn changed so much that
                        comparing data is more an indication of what has changed in the
                        ability to Diagnose, than in the actual kind and number of deseases
                        present and diagnosed in the past.

                        so it is often difficult to determine if you have a reasonable
                        comparison. For instance, it has been assumed for many years that
                        polio was the cause of FDRs paralysis, but it is now thought that he
                        had a rare virus that has similar effects and not polio.. so how do
                        we know which cases in the past, pre-polio vaccine, are really polio
                        and not that odd virus? and as far as Vaccines are concerned I have
                        family in the midwest who are allergic to the polio vaccine, and yet
                        are also very susseptible to polio, the family was darn near wiped
                        out a couple of times on that side. so if someone else goes to
                        another country and brings it back..... they would be screwed!
                        sigh... the number of people who cant' get a particular vaccine are
                        extremely few, but for people who worry about it, you can test your
                        kids for vaccine before giving it to them if you are that worried
                        about it. A lot less painful than a bunch of dead kids. well my two
                        cents worth. ;-)

                        Message 11 of 14 , Mar 13, 2007
                          discussion interspersed bellow....
                          > >From: "Page, Janis" <Janis.Page@...>
                          > >To: <thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com>
                          > >Subject: RE: [thefixedstars] current transits
                          > >Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 01:26:15 -0600
                          > >
                          > >Hi Derek,
                          >> >The mercury preservative is called thimerosol. It was supposed
                          to have been taken out of the vaccines a while ago, but may not have
                          been taken out of all of them, plus they continued to use the
                          thimerosol loaded vaccines that they had in stock for years after the
                          supposed ban. Autism is said to have gone up from 1 in 10,000 to 1 in
                          156 over the last few decades, which is a massively huge increase.

                          MissB enquires: how much of this change is due to changes in
                          Diagnosis and ability to diagnose (autism has been misdiagnosed as
                          retardation for centuries, even in the last couple of decades) and
                          also inclusion of milder forms that were never considered before? I
                          have difficulties with the numbers these days because of the changes
                          in diagnosis in last few decades. ergo, I find the numbers
                          questionable, not that there isn't 1 in 156, but that there weren't 1
                          in 156 before that were just not being properly diagnosed.

                          Another source of mercury is that it's an environmental toxin found
                          in high levels in coal emissions, and of course in some fish, so we
                          have more work to do in cleaning the mercury out of our environment
                          than just in the vaccines, tho from my research I think it really has
                          been a contributor to the
                          > >autism epidemic. My opinion.

                          MissB - mercury is a problem as are other heavy elements, I can no
                          longer eat Tuna mroe than say once a month, it makes me violently
                          ill, I can taste the metal in it, even when its from the butcher, not
                          the can. Makes me wonder what effects its having on the Dolphin
                          community, being their favorite and all.

                          > >'fun facts to know and tell' - #1 - we hear with our bones and
                          skin as well as thru air-conduction thru our ears. Bone-conduction
                          levels of sensitivity should be somewhat lower than air-conduction
                          thru all frequency levels in both ears. It isn't uncommon to
                          find 'spikes' where bone conduction is more sensitive for many
                          people, and that can indicate a boundary violation in the person's
                          early years. Autistics, however, often have bone-conduction more
                          sensitive than air-conduction throughout most if not all of their
                          frequency ranges in both ears, which causes them to 'feel' sounds
                          faster and more strongly than they 'hear' them,and can process them
                          thru their minds.

                          MissB- bass at 14 decibls or above hurts me physically and gives me
                          violent tendencies...

                          I also wonder if dolphin Therapy might not be useful in autistic
                          treatment as they would definitely feel the sonar and Dolphins can
                          change brain patterns drastically. They are extremely useful in
                          calming violent down syndrome children. One visit in a pool with
                          dolphins can have long term gentling effects on them. MRIs done pre
                          and post show significant brain pattern change. might be somethign to
                          look into.

                          Janis - Some are almost deafened by the
                          > >sound of their own blood coursing thru their veins. This extreme
                          > >heightened sensitivity is part of the problem, and can sometimes be
                          > >addressed by some specific listening programs, such as the Tomatis
                          > >method, and/or Jeff Strong's REI - rhythmic entrainment
                          intervention
                          > >program. It's amazing stuff.
                          > >

                          > >'fun fact' #2 -snippage - Western medicine in
                          > >general isn't very focused on healing or curing anymore, but on
                          profit,
                          > >and the bucks go to developing and marketing drugs that generally
                          have
                          > >to be taken long term if not for life. But that's another soap-
                          box...
                          > >:-)

                          MissB - I would add to that, its mroe about treating symptoms than
                          the illness. where as eastern medicine attempts to treat the illness,
                          even if not always effective. Western medicne can also focus on
                          removal instead of fixing something which is also not necessarily a
                          good idea in my opinion, but hey... semantics interesting thoughts...
                          MissB