Re: [thefixedstars] Another "spider" object

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 5, 2007
      --- Morgana <morganad@...> wrote:

      > Hi Mark,
      > Have you created a SF file for these Nebula's
      > separate from the SF Fixed
      > Stars list.

      I've got all these deep-sky objects in one file. I
      don't know, I might want to organize them into
      nebulae, galaxies, globulars, open clusters, black
      holes, etc. someday.

      I'm maybe one-third of the way through Diana R.'s
      black hole list; I'm entering just the Messier, NGC
      and IC objects right now.

      http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail
    • Morgana
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 5, 2007
        Mark I began organizing the nebula today, since one led into the other
        at that site where you sent me for Red Spider nebulae. I am about the
        same place you are with Diana's black holes list.
        While at the NGC numbered site today, I was able to fill in quite a few
        of the RA's of Diana's list, but what I noticed is that the longitude
        was maybe 10 minutes more. Is that site completely accurate with their
        Decs and RA? I noticed other sites round off the RA sometimes, so I am
        avoiding those. I still have other sites to visit.
        Sorting them into their own files is a good plan, helps to find them
        easier. I will keep it in mind as I begin to make more files.
        Morgana

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 6, 2007
          --- Morgana <morganad@...> wrote:

          > While at the NGC numbered site today, I was able to
          > fill in quite a few
          > of the RA's of Diana's list, but what I noticed is
          > that the longitude
          > was maybe 10 minutes more. Is that site completely
          > accurate with their
          > Decs and RA?

          Maybe one person is using 1950 coordinates and the
          other 2000, or something like that?

          Never miss an email again!
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 6, 2007

            > --- Morgana <morganad@...> wrote:
            >

            > > While at the NGC numbered site today, I was able to
            > > fill in quite a few
            > > of the RA's of Diana's list, but what I noticed is
            > > that the longitude
            > > was maybe 10 minutes more. Is that site completely
            > > accurate with their
            > > Decs and RA?
            >

            > Maybe one person is using 1950 coordinates and the
            > other 2000, or something like that?

            The NGC/IC Project site seems to be using 2000 coordinates (keep that
            in mind) and it looks like a professional astronomers' project...