Re: [thefixedstars] Another "spider" object

  • Morgana
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 5 12:46 PM
      Hi Mark,
      Have you created a SF file for these Nebula's separate from the SF Fixed
      Stars list. I am thinking that all of these, i.e. the one below Nebula
      NGC 6537 would make a great file. I have started a Black Holes file,
      from your black holes list you sent to me Diana, but it is taking a
      while since I need to find the RA to input into SF; of course that
      Messier site you sent has this Mark, thanks.
      Diana I am sure that you have them in your astro program. I can see
      that I have to make it a priority to start working with these and one of
      these days will get your workbook Diana if you still have copies.
      Finances are bad right now unfortunately but when some extra $ comes in
      I will be contacting you.
      Morgana

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 5 7:05 PM
        --- Morgana <morganad@...> wrote:

        > Hi Mark,
        > Have you created a SF file for these Nebula's
        > separate from the SF Fixed
        > Stars list.

        I've got all these deep-sky objects in one file. I
        don't know, I might want to organize them into
        nebulae, galaxies, globulars, open clusters, black
        holes, etc. someday.

        I'm maybe one-third of the way through Diana R.'s
        black hole list; I'm entering just the Messier, NGC
        and IC objects right now.

        http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail
      • Morgana
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 5 9:08 PM
          Mark I began organizing the nebula today, since one led into the other
          at that site where you sent me for Red Spider nebulae. I am about the
          same place you are with Diana's black holes list.
          While at the NGC numbered site today, I was able to fill in quite a few
          of the RA's of Diana's list, but what I noticed is that the longitude
          was maybe 10 minutes more. Is that site completely accurate with their
          Decs and RA? I noticed other sites round off the RA sometimes, so I am
          avoiding those. I still have other sites to visit.
          Sorting them into their own files is a good plan, helps to find them
          easier. I will keep it in mind as I begin to make more files.
          Morgana

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 6 3:39 PM
            --- Morgana <morganad@...> wrote:

            > While at the NGC numbered site today, I was able to
            > fill in quite a few
            > of the RA's of Diana's list, but what I noticed is
            > that the longitude
            > was maybe 10 minutes more. Is that site completely
            > accurate with their
            > Decs and RA?

            Maybe one person is using 1950 coordinates and the
            other 2000, or something like that?

            Never miss an email again!
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 6 3:59 PM

              > --- Morgana <morganad@...> wrote:
              >

              > > While at the NGC numbered site today, I was able to
              > > fill in quite a few
              > > of the RA's of Diana's list, but what I noticed is
              > > that the longitude
              > > was maybe 10 minutes more. Is that site completely
              > > accurate with their
              > > Decs and RA?
              >

              > Maybe one person is using 1950 coordinates and the
              > other 2000, or something like that?

              The NGC/IC Project site seems to be using 2000 coordinates (keep that
              in mind) and it looks like a professional astronomers' project...