Re: [thefixedstars] Spider Galaxy

  • Morgana
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 4, 2007
      Hi Diana,
      These stars really do fascinate me.
      So there is one called spider. 28*33 Leo semi-sextiles my daughter's
      Moon, 28*52 Virgo, quincunxes Vesta at 28*52 Capricorn and Anubis at
      28*53 Capricorn. Some people say semi-sextiles are powerful other
      astrologers do not. She has nothing else at those degrees, mmm, out of
      sign to Sun at 0*25 Sagittarius. An out of sign 93* square with her Sun.

      I just checked my grandson's chart since he has a terrible time with
      spider bites too. There isn't anything with a tight enough orb.
      Transpluto is 24*49 Leo, too wide.
      Thank you Diana.

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 4, 2007
        Try the Red Spider Nebula, NGC 6537 in Sagittarius.

        http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/R/Red_Spider_Nebula.html

        I've got it at 1 Capricorn 20 right now.

        Mark A. Holmes

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 4, 2007
          Mark Red Spider Nebula at 1*20 Capricorn is conjunct Diandra's Uranus at
          3*20 Capricorn, but conjunct her relocated Ascendant [where she gets
          wicked spider bites], at 00*59 Capricorn, exactly oppose Diandra's
          Arachne at 1*33 Cancer, and my Uranus at 1*18 Cancer.
          Hey thanks for giving me that info. Fascinating stuff, considering the
          asteroids are in there too.
          Morgana

          Mark Andrew Holmes wrote:
          > Try the Red Spider Nebula, NGC 6537 in Sagittarius.
          >
          > http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/R/Red_Spider_Nebula.html
          >
          > I've got it at 1 Capricorn 20 right now.
          >

          > Mark A. Holmes
          >

          > --- Morgana <morganad@...> wrote:
          >

          >> Hi Diana,

        • Morgana
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 5, 2007
            Hi Mark,
            Have you created a SF file for these Nebula's separate from the SF Fixed
            Stars list. I am thinking that all of these, i.e. the one below Nebula
            NGC 6537 would make a great file. I have started a Black Holes file,
            from your black holes list you sent to me Diana, but it is taking a
            while since I need to find the RA to input into SF; of course that
            Messier site you sent has this Mark, thanks.
            Diana I am sure that you have them in your astro program. I can see
            that I have to make it a priority to start working with these and one of
            these days will get your workbook Diana if you still have copies.
            Finances are bad right now unfortunately but when some extra $ comes in
            I will be contacting you.
            Morgana

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 5, 2007
              --- Morgana <morganad@...> wrote:

              > Hi Mark,
              > Have you created a SF file for these Nebula's
              > separate from the SF Fixed
              > Stars list.

              I've got all these deep-sky objects in one file. I
              don't know, I might want to organize them into
              nebulae, galaxies, globulars, open clusters, black
              holes, etc. someday.

              I'm maybe one-third of the way through Diana R.'s
              black hole list; I'm entering just the Messier, NGC
              and IC objects right now.

              http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail
            • Morgana
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 5, 2007
                Mark I began organizing the nebula today, since one led into the other
                at that site where you sent me for Red Spider nebulae. I am about the
                same place you are with Diana's black holes list.
                While at the NGC numbered site today, I was able to fill in quite a few
                of the RA's of Diana's list, but what I noticed is that the longitude
                was maybe 10 minutes more. Is that site completely accurate with their
                Decs and RA? I noticed other sites round off the RA sometimes, so I am
                avoiding those. I still have other sites to visit.
                Sorting them into their own files is a good plan, helps to find them
                easier. I will keep it in mind as I begin to make more files.
                Morgana

                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 6, 2007
                  --- Morgana <morganad@...> wrote:

                  > While at the NGC numbered site today, I was able to
                  > fill in quite a few
                  > of the RA's of Diana's list, but what I noticed is
                  > that the longitude
                  > was maybe 10 minutes more. Is that site completely
                  > accurate with their
                  > Decs and RA?

                  Maybe one person is using 1950 coordinates and the
                  other 2000, or something like that?

                  Never miss an email again!
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 6, 2007

                    > --- Morgana <morganad@...> wrote:
                    >

                    > > While at the NGC numbered site today, I was able to
                    > > fill in quite a few
                    > > of the RA's of Diana's list, but what I noticed is
                    > > that the longitude
                    > > was maybe 10 minutes more. Is that site completely
                    > > accurate with their
                    > > Decs and RA?
                    >

                    > Maybe one person is using 1950 coordinates and the
                    > other 2000, or something like that?

                    The NGC/IC Project site seems to be using 2000 coordinates (keep that
                    in mind) and it looks like a professional astronomers' project...