Spider Galaxy

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 4, 2007
      Spider Galaxy

      Morgana wrote:

      Re: Bees and wasps
          Posted by: "Morgana" morganad@... aquatyger1950
          Date: Sat Mar 3, 2007 10:20 am ((PST))

      Hi Diana,
      I see now, the Praesepe area has my Transpluto, opposing Venus but the Sting area is 10-13 Leo, too wide.  How wonderful it is that we have your knowledge to help us figure all this out.

      28*52 Virgo is my daughter's moon and she had such a bad reaction to a spider bite that it almost turned into flesh eating disease.

      Fortunately I got her to the doctor in time.  Her sun at 0*25 Sagittarius would be in the sting area too.  I suppose even her Mars at

      12*35 Scorpio figures in there.  Holy, she really has to watch out for these stings and bites I see.  Whew!  Especially right now I'll bet with Pluto squaring, and she has recurring bites on her lately, that we can't figure out, unless spiders have nested in her room somewhere.  It is a new apt building too.

      Morgana
      ====================
      Well, I found an Ant for Mark, I thought I'd look to see whether I
      could find a spider too!

      In
      http://www.seds.org/messier/xtra/supp/d-names.html
      I found:
      Spider 10:42.6 +34:27 DDO 84, UGC 5829, VV 794
      (also listed in Hirshfeld & Sinnott's Sky Catalog 2000)
      as "peculiar galaxy VV 794" in Leo Minor:
      28 Leo 33, Lat 24N13 (2000)
      I don't think it hits anything on your chart, though.
      Love, Diana

    • Morgana
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 4, 2007
        Hi Diana,
        These stars really do fascinate me.
        So there is one called spider. 28*33 Leo semi-sextiles my daughter's
        Moon, 28*52 Virgo, quincunxes Vesta at 28*52 Capricorn and Anubis at
        28*53 Capricorn. Some people say semi-sextiles are powerful other
        astrologers do not. She has nothing else at those degrees, mmm, out of
        sign to Sun at 0*25 Sagittarius. An out of sign 93* square with her Sun.

        I just checked my grandson's chart since he has a terrible time with
        spider bites too. There isn't anything with a tight enough orb.
        Transpluto is 24*49 Leo, too wide.
        Thank you Diana.

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 4, 2007
          Try the Red Spider Nebula, NGC 6537 in Sagittarius.

          http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/R/Red_Spider_Nebula.html

          I've got it at 1 Capricorn 20 right now.

          Mark A. Holmes

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 4, 2007
            Mark Red Spider Nebula at 1*20 Capricorn is conjunct Diandra's Uranus at
            3*20 Capricorn, but conjunct her relocated Ascendant [where she gets
            wicked spider bites], at 00*59 Capricorn, exactly oppose Diandra's
            Arachne at 1*33 Cancer, and my Uranus at 1*18 Cancer.
            Hey thanks for giving me that info. Fascinating stuff, considering the
            asteroids are in there too.
            Morgana

            Mark Andrew Holmes wrote:
            > Try the Red Spider Nebula, NGC 6537 in Sagittarius.
            >
            > http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/R/Red_Spider_Nebula.html
            >
            > I've got it at 1 Capricorn 20 right now.
            >

            > Mark A. Holmes
            >

            > --- Morgana <morganad@...> wrote:
            >

            >> Hi Diana,

          • Morgana
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 5, 2007
              Hi Mark,
              Have you created a SF file for these Nebula's separate from the SF Fixed
              Stars list. I am thinking that all of these, i.e. the one below Nebula
              NGC 6537 would make a great file. I have started a Black Holes file,
              from your black holes list you sent to me Diana, but it is taking a
              while since I need to find the RA to input into SF; of course that
              Messier site you sent has this Mark, thanks.
              Diana I am sure that you have them in your astro program. I can see
              that I have to make it a priority to start working with these and one of
              these days will get your workbook Diana if you still have copies.
              Finances are bad right now unfortunately but when some extra $ comes in
              I will be contacting you.
              Morgana

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 5, 2007
                --- Morgana <morganad@...> wrote:

                > Hi Mark,
                > Have you created a SF file for these Nebula's
                > separate from the SF Fixed
                > Stars list.

                I've got all these deep-sky objects in one file. I
                don't know, I might want to organize them into
                nebulae, galaxies, globulars, open clusters, black
                holes, etc. someday.

                I'm maybe one-third of the way through Diana R.'s
                black hole list; I'm entering just the Messier, NGC
                and IC objects right now.

                http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail
              • Morgana
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 5, 2007
                  Mark I began organizing the nebula today, since one led into the other
                  at that site where you sent me for Red Spider nebulae. I am about the
                  same place you are with Diana's black holes list.
                  While at the NGC numbered site today, I was able to fill in quite a few
                  of the RA's of Diana's list, but what I noticed is that the longitude
                  was maybe 10 minutes more. Is that site completely accurate with their
                  Decs and RA? I noticed other sites round off the RA sometimes, so I am
                  avoiding those. I still have other sites to visit.
                  Sorting them into their own files is a good plan, helps to find them
                  easier. I will keep it in mind as I begin to make more files.
                  Morgana

                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 6, 2007
                    --- Morgana <morganad@...> wrote:

                    > While at the NGC numbered site today, I was able to
                    > fill in quite a few
                    > of the RA's of Diana's list, but what I noticed is
                    > that the longitude
                    > was maybe 10 minutes more. Is that site completely
                    > accurate with their
                    > Decs and RA?

                    Maybe one person is using 1950 coordinates and the
                    other 2000, or something like that?

                    Never miss an email again!
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 6, 2007

                      > --- Morgana <morganad@...> wrote:
                      >

                      > > While at the NGC numbered site today, I was able to
                      > > fill in quite a few
                      > > of the RA's of Diana's list, but what I noticed is
                      > > that the longitude
                      > > was maybe 10 minutes more. Is that site completely
                      > > accurate with their
                      > > Decs and RA?
                      >

                      > Maybe one person is using 1950 coordinates and the
                      > other 2000, or something like that?

                      The NGC/IC Project site seems to be using 2000 coordinates (keep that
                      in mind) and it looks like a professional astronomers' project...