Re: Bees and wasps

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2007
      <fixed.stars@...> wrote:

      > Just did a quick check of my files - the only "sting" areas I
      > found were (besides Praesepe, 6-10 Leo), were
      >
      > 10 - 13 Leo (extension of Praesepe)
      > 28Vir - 0 Libra
      > 0 - 3 Sag
      > 24-26 Sag (area of Scorpion's sting)
      > 7 - 11 Pisces

      I have the Sun at 0 Libra and Chiron at 11 Pisces, but, as I believe I
      said, I've never had a problem with bee and wasp stings. Ant bites, yes.

      > And I dug this up from my "Obsolete Constellations" file:
      >
      > MUSCA, THE FLY (formerly APIS, THE BEE)
      >
      > This figure just south of Crux was originally called Apis, the Bee
      by the
      > Dutch navigators Keyser and de Houtman at the end of the sixteenth
      century;
      > Riccioli catalogued it as Apis seu Musca, and in 1679 Halley called
      it Musca
      > Apis; in 1752 Lacaille called it Mouche Australe ou Indienne, the
      Southern
      > or Indian Fly, and it gradually emerged as Musca Australis, the Southern
      > Fly; (approx 1st half of tropical Scorpio)
      >
      > There was once a Musca Borealis above the head of Aries the Ram:
      > Musca Borealis The Northern Fly, was near Triangulum and just above
      Aries;
      > this figure first appeared on a globe by Plancius in 1613 -- he
      called it
      > Apes, the Bee. In 1624 Bartsch changed it to Vespa, the Wasp; bugged
      by all
      > this, in 1687 Hevelius put it in his atlas as Musca, the Fly. (And a
      > patriotic Frenchman named Pardies tried, in 1674, to use the same
      stars for
      > "Lilium", a fleur-de-lis). It is no longer used, but if you are
      itching to
      > swat the critter, you will find it at what are now 33, 35, 39 & 41
      Arietis,
      > i.e. about 16-18 tTaurus.

      30 Arietis is fairly close to this quartet, though. I've been using 35
      to represent Lilium and 39 to represent Musca Borealis. I think 41
      Arietis has the proper name Bharani.

      Mark A. Holmes
    • Morgana
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2007
        Hi Diana,
        I see now, the Praesepe area has my Transpluto, opposing Venus but the
        Sting area is 10-13 Leo, too wide. How wonderful it is that we have
        your knowledge to help us figure all this out.
        28*52 Virgo is my daughter's moon and she had such a bad reaction to a
        spider bite that it almost turned into flesh eating disease.
        Fortunately I got her to the doctor in time. Her sun at 0*25
        Sagittarius would be in the sting area too. I suppose even her Mars at
        12*35 Scorpio figures in there. Holy, she really has to watch out for
        these stings and bites I see. Whew! Especially right now I'll bet with
        Pluto squaring, and she has recurring bites on her lately, that we can't
        figure out, unless spiders have nested in her room somewhere. It is a
        new apt building too.

        Morgana