RE: [thefixedstars] Re: Bees-Colony Collapse Disorder-the Beehive Cluster

  • Morgana
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 1, 2007
      Well that Beehive cluster opposes my Venus, but conjuncts Transpluto in
      my chart, squares my Moon too now that I think of it, and I detest the
      critters. For some reason they all attack me. I will never forget the
      time I decided that I would overcome my fear of them and just ignore
      them when they buzzed around me, as I was told to do because they
      supposedly will never go for you unless threatened.

      No sooner did I make myself comfortable in my chaise lounge in the patio
      and shut my eyes, studiously trying to ignore the buzzing when I felt
      the stings and sure enough they were nose diving me. To hell with that.
      No more do I ever take those bees for granted, honey-bees, wasps or any
      of them. I don't like honey either.

      Spiders do the same. If there is one in the house, it will bite me,
      ignoring anyone else. It takes months to heal from those bites too.

      In January, right after New Year's I was trying to fall asleep and
      happened to notice a dark spot on the white canopy over my bed. I
      looked at it and thought, gee, I wonder what that is, must be a spot of
      cat hair floated up there, or something, but I felt uneasy and so turned
      on the light. There was a huge Black wasp hanging there and those
      suckers are supposed to be in hibernation. Needless to say, he lost his
      spot there very quickly, and got dumped over the balcony, after I came
      out of my paralysis from the shock of it.
      Morgana

      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 1, 2007
        you need more vitamin B in your system, when you lack it, you are
        tasty to biting critters. when you have a lot of it, you tast aweful
        to them, and smell aweful to them as well. people will tell you to
        take brewers yeast, but basically that is just another form of
        Vitamin B, and B leaves your system very fast so you should really
        take one at least twice a day. (they rarely land on me, and I dont
        like any critter to land on me and I have a very bad reaction to
        spider bites myself)

        MissB

        --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Morgana <morganad@...> wrote:

        > Well that Beehive cluster opposes my Venus, but conjuncts
        Transpluto in
        > my chart, squares my Moon too now that I think of it, and I detest
        the
        > critters. For some reason they all attack me. I will never forget
        the
        > time I decided that I would overcome my fear of them and just ignore
        > them when they buzzed around me, as I was told to do because they
        > supposedly will never go for you unless threatened.
        >
        > No sooner did I make myself comfortable in my chaise lounge in the
        patio
        > and shut my eyes, studiously trying to ignore the buzzing when I
        felt
        > the stings and sure enough they were nose diving me. To hell with
        that.
        > No more do I ever take those bees for granted, honey-bees, wasps or
        any
        > of them. I don't like honey either.
        >
        > Spiders do the same. If there is one in the house, it will bite me,
        > ignoring anyone else. It takes months to heal from those bites too.
        >
        > In January, right after New Year's I was trying to fall asleep and
        > happened to notice a dark spot on the white canopy over my bed. I
        > looked at it and thought, gee, I wonder what that is, must be a
        spot of
        > cat hair floated up there, or something, but I felt uneasy and so
        turned
        > on the light. There was a huge Black wasp hanging there and those
        > suckers are supposed to be in hibernation. Needless to say, he
        lost his
        > spot there very quickly, and got dumped over the balcony, after I
        came
        > out of my paralysis from the shock of it.
        > Morgana

        Beehive

        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 1, 2007
          --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Trishmare7@... wrote:

          > That's interesting Mark--because with us, the main problem has
          been
          > honeybees. We even had a colony swarm into an unused room in the
          house once and for
          > days and days afterwards, there were lone bees buzzing in the
          windows and
          > rafters. As a result of the bee troubles, I developed an absolute
          loathing of
          > honeybees (I was getting stung all the time--stepping on a bee
          that had got
          > into the house, sitting on one, etc.) and I can't even say "at
          least they give
          > us honey" because I detest honey as well. Not that I blamed the
          bees--they
          > were just doing what comes natural to bees (and of course they're
          important
          > pollinators). Always used non-lethal methods of getting rid of
          them when that
          > was possible.

          Yeah...I just hope I don't have to deal with Africanized honeybees.
          They are not unknown where I live.

          Husband never got stung, and as I said, Praesepe aligns with
          > his ascendant. (He loves honey--but then, he loves any kind of
          sugar ... Venus
          > is on his Ascendant too ...).
          >
          > Is there a star more closely connected with wasps? (Wasps, I've
          never minded
          > nearly as much as bees).

          I've been looking at some of the stars of the former Musca Borealis
          that Diana R. mentioned. There's probably one in particular I was
          looking at that represents Vespa (the Wasp, another name for this
          obsolete constellation). I bet you it's in my files. I'll look it up
          when I get home.

          I don't have anything at the same longitude (give or take 1 00') as
          either Praesepe or any of the stars in Aries that make up Musca
          Borealis/Vespa, but bees and wasps don't seem to be particularly
          hostile toward me, just a nuisance, like a lot of insects around
          where I live. I guess vitamin B-12 makes me taste bad.

          When I was picking up recyclable cardboard, bees and wasps would
          congregate around the dumpsters where the cardboard was left out for
          pickup. They buzz the cab of my pickup truck, attracted by the
          sugared coffee, iced tea, soda pop and fruit juice I keep in there,
          not to mention the empty aluminum drink cans I collect for recycling
          that I store in the truck bed, and I have to kind of gently chase
          them away. Sometimes the phone lines at my house go haywire because
          wasps have built nests in the box out front where the lines in my
          house connect to the cables that serve the neighborhood, and I just
          had to replace the security floodlight out by my back door. When I
          took it off the wall, I found more little wasp nests built of mud
          nestled inside the mechanism. I hope my cat doesn't get stung
          someday. She looks like she has more sense than to provoke stinging
          insects into attacking her, though.

          Maybe when I moved into the house Praesepe or some other bug-related
          fixed star was active in the chart.

          Mark A. Holmes

        • Trishmare7@aol.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 2, 2007
            In a message dated 3/1/2007 4:12:20 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, msbhavens1@... writes:
            or Two, you can take a lesson from the southwest and paint ceiling
            and windows and doors Turquise. Bees and wasps wont nest there. not
            certain why, though I've heard lots of theories, they just wont. if
            you aren't fond of brilliant turquoise, the insence ought to do it...
            That's interesting about the turquoise, I'll have to keep that in mind! (I love the color).  I'm not a big fan of incense myself--though it's gotta be better than bees in a room!

            Thanks!

            Trish Marie

          • Trishmare7@aol.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 2, 2007
              In a message dated 3/1/2007 7:07:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, mahtezcatpoc@... writes:
              I don't have anything at the same longitude (give or take 1 00') as
              either Praesepe or any of the stars in Aries that make up Musca
              Borealis/Vespa, but bees and wasps don't seem to be particularly
              hostile toward me, just a nuisance, like a lot of insects around
              where I live. I guess vitamin B-12 makes me taste bad.
              Interesting about the Vitamin B. Husband takes vitamin supplements, including B complex, and I don't.  I also follow a largely vegetarian diet (eat fish occasionally).  Not only do I get stung by bees, but mosquitoes adore me and they never touch the husband.  Morgana, didn't you say that you're a vegetarian too?  Maybe I should take B, at least in the summer.

              Trish

              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 2, 2007
                B vitamins break down in your body very quickly so they need to be
                renewed more often. wont hurt you and I've seen it work wonders. I
                should mention also some people swear by "skin so soft" which is an
                avon product, but it has a stronger scent than I like and I dont like
                being all oiled up like a mud wrestler.

                see what happens when you collect tidbits. =)

                MissB

                --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Trishmare7@... wrote:

                > In a message dated 3/1/2007 7:07:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                > mahtezcatpoc@... writes:
                >
                > I don't have anything at the same longitude (give or take 1 00')
                as
                > either Praesepe or any of the stars in Aries that make up Musca
                > Borealis/Vespa, but bees and wasps don't seem to be particularly
                > hostile toward me, just a nuisance, like a lot of insects around
                > where I live. I guess vitamin B-12 makes me taste bad.
                >

                > Interesting about the Vitamin B. Husband takes vitamin
                supplements,
                > including B complex, and I don't. I also follow a largely
                vegetarian diet (eat fish
                > occasionally). Not only do I get stung by bees, but mosquitoes
                adore me and
                > they never touch the husband. Morgana, didn't you say that you're
                > vegetarian too? Maybe I should take B, at least in the summer.
                >
                > Trish
                > <BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> AOL now
                offers free
                > email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at
                > http://www.aol.com

              • Morgana
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 2, 2007
                  B-Vitamins needed. Interesting MissB. One thing also interesting is
                  that mosquito's do NOT sting me unless I am the only person there.
                  Thanks,
                  Morgana

                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 2, 2007

                    > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Trishmare7@ wrote:

                    > > Is there a star more closely connected with wasps? (Wasps, I've
                    > never minded
                    > > nearly as much as bees).
                    > >

                    > I've been looking at some of the stars of the former Musca Borealis
                    > that Diana R. mentioned. There's probably one in particular I was
                    > looking at that represents Vespa (the Wasp, another name for this
                    > obsolete constellation). I bet you it's in my files. I'll look it
                    up
                    > when I get home.

                    I've got 30 Arietis down as Vespa, and 33 Arietis down as Apis (the
                    Bee).

                    > I don't have anything at the same longitude (give or take 1 00') as
                    > either Praesepe or any of the stars in Aries that make up Musca
                    > Borealis/Vespa,

                    Actually, it seems that I do have Vespa (30 Arietis) aligned with the
                    Ascendant (13 Taurus 49) in my natal (orb of 1 00', remember).

                    .

                    > Maybe when I moved into the house Praesepe or some other bug-
                    related
                    > fixed star was active in the chart.

                    I don't really remember when I moved in, though.