Re: Bees-Colony Collapse Disorder-the Beehive Cluster

    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 1, 2007
      okay not exactly astrology, but since I'm rather fond of bees, some
      weird tidbits I've picked up on keeping them OUT of the house.

      one, if you have a room you feel is bee friendly, burn insence in
      there on a regular basis and the bees will stay away, they hate
      smoke.

      or Two, you can take a lesson from the southwest and paint ceiling
      and windows and doors Turquise. Bees and wasps wont nest there. not
      certain why, though I've heard lots of theories, they just wont. if
      you aren't fond of brilliant turquoise, the insence ought to do it...

      Granny

      (mailto:thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com)
      > , Trishmare7@, Tri
      > >

      > > Of course Diana! And thanks for all the great information on the
      > Beehive
      > > Cluster. Want to hear something funny? My husband's ascendant
      > is 7°30' Leo,
      > > and we had a 20 year long battle with honeybees making nests in
      > the walls of
      > > our house. Seems like every year we'd have to drive a colony out
      > of yet a new
      > > location. We also have an unusual number (I think it's unusual
      > anyway) of
      > > wasp colonies on our 10 acre horse farm. The wasps I leave
      > alone, as long as
      > > they're not nesting in the house or barn. Would've left the bees
      > alone too,
      > > if they'd have nested somewhere other than the house.
      > >
      > > Love,
      > > Trish
      >

      > <BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> AOL now
      offers free
      > email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at
      > http://www.aol.com

    • Morgana
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 1, 2007
        Well that Beehive cluster opposes my Venus, but conjuncts Transpluto in
        my chart, squares my Moon too now that I think of it, and I detest the
        critters. For some reason they all attack me. I will never forget the
        time I decided that I would overcome my fear of them and just ignore
        them when they buzzed around me, as I was told to do because they
        supposedly will never go for you unless threatened.

        No sooner did I make myself comfortable in my chaise lounge in the patio
        and shut my eyes, studiously trying to ignore the buzzing when I felt
        the stings and sure enough they were nose diving me. To hell with that.
        No more do I ever take those bees for granted, honey-bees, wasps or any
        of them. I don't like honey either.

        Spiders do the same. If there is one in the house, it will bite me,
        ignoring anyone else. It takes months to heal from those bites too.

        In January, right after New Year's I was trying to fall asleep and
        happened to notice a dark spot on the white canopy over my bed. I
        looked at it and thought, gee, I wonder what that is, must be a spot of
        cat hair floated up there, or something, but I felt uneasy and so turned
        on the light. There was a huge Black wasp hanging there and those
        suckers are supposed to be in hibernation. Needless to say, he lost his
        spot there very quickly, and got dumped over the balcony, after I came
        out of my paralysis from the shock of it.
        Morgana

        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 1, 2007
          you need more vitamin B in your system, when you lack it, you are
          tasty to biting critters. when you have a lot of it, you tast aweful
          to them, and smell aweful to them as well. people will tell you to
          take brewers yeast, but basically that is just another form of
          Vitamin B, and B leaves your system very fast so you should really
          take one at least twice a day. (they rarely land on me, and I dont
          like any critter to land on me and I have a very bad reaction to
          spider bites myself)

          MissB

          --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Morgana <morganad@...> wrote:

          > Well that Beehive cluster opposes my Venus, but conjuncts
          Transpluto in
          > my chart, squares my Moon too now that I think of it, and I detest
          the
          > critters. For some reason they all attack me. I will never forget
          the
          > time I decided that I would overcome my fear of them and just ignore
          > them when they buzzed around me, as I was told to do because they
          > supposedly will never go for you unless threatened.
          >
          > No sooner did I make myself comfortable in my chaise lounge in the
          patio
          > and shut my eyes, studiously trying to ignore the buzzing when I
          felt
          > the stings and sure enough they were nose diving me. To hell with
          that.
          > No more do I ever take those bees for granted, honey-bees, wasps or
          any
          > of them. I don't like honey either.
          >
          > Spiders do the same. If there is one in the house, it will bite me,
          > ignoring anyone else. It takes months to heal from those bites too.
          >
          > In January, right after New Year's I was trying to fall asleep and
          > happened to notice a dark spot on the white canopy over my bed. I
          > looked at it and thought, gee, I wonder what that is, must be a
          spot of
          > cat hair floated up there, or something, but I felt uneasy and so
          turned
          > on the light. There was a huge Black wasp hanging there and those
          > suckers are supposed to be in hibernation. Needless to say, he
          lost his
          > spot there very quickly, and got dumped over the balcony, after I
          came
          > out of my paralysis from the shock of it.
          > Morgana

          Beehive

          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 1, 2007
            --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Trishmare7@... wrote:

            > That's interesting Mark--because with us, the main problem has
            been
            > honeybees. We even had a colony swarm into an unused room in the
            house once and for
            > days and days afterwards, there were lone bees buzzing in the
            windows and
            > rafters. As a result of the bee troubles, I developed an absolute
            loathing of
            > honeybees (I was getting stung all the time--stepping on a bee
            that had got
            > into the house, sitting on one, etc.) and I can't even say "at
            least they give
            > us honey" because I detest honey as well. Not that I blamed the
            bees--they
            > were just doing what comes natural to bees (and of course they're
            important
            > pollinators). Always used non-lethal methods of getting rid of
            them when that
            > was possible.

            Yeah...I just hope I don't have to deal with Africanized honeybees.
            They are not unknown where I live.

            Husband never got stung, and as I said, Praesepe aligns with
            > his ascendant. (He loves honey--but then, he loves any kind of
            sugar ... Venus
            > is on his Ascendant too ...).
            >
            > Is there a star more closely connected with wasps? (Wasps, I've
            never minded
            > nearly as much as bees).

            I've been looking at some of the stars of the former Musca Borealis
            that Diana R. mentioned. There's probably one in particular I was
            looking at that represents Vespa (the Wasp, another name for this
            obsolete constellation). I bet you it's in my files. I'll look it up
            when I get home.

            I don't have anything at the same longitude (give or take 1 00') as
            either Praesepe or any of the stars in Aries that make up Musca
            Borealis/Vespa, but bees and wasps don't seem to be particularly
            hostile toward me, just a nuisance, like a lot of insects around
            where I live. I guess vitamin B-12 makes me taste bad.

            When I was picking up recyclable cardboard, bees and wasps would
            congregate around the dumpsters where the cardboard was left out for
            pickup. They buzz the cab of my pickup truck, attracted by the
            sugared coffee, iced tea, soda pop and fruit juice I keep in there,
            not to mention the empty aluminum drink cans I collect for recycling
            that I store in the truck bed, and I have to kind of gently chase
            them away. Sometimes the phone lines at my house go haywire because
            wasps have built nests in the box out front where the lines in my
            house connect to the cables that serve the neighborhood, and I just
            had to replace the security floodlight out by my back door. When I
            took it off the wall, I found more little wasp nests built of mud
            nestled inside the mechanism. I hope my cat doesn't get stung
            someday. She looks like she has more sense than to provoke stinging
            insects into attacking her, though.

            Maybe when I moved into the house Praesepe or some other bug-related
            fixed star was active in the chart.

            Mark A. Holmes

          • Trishmare7@aol.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 2, 2007
              In a message dated 3/1/2007 4:12:20 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, msbhavens1@... writes:
              or Two, you can take a lesson from the southwest and paint ceiling
              and windows and doors Turquise. Bees and wasps wont nest there. not
              certain why, though I've heard lots of theories, they just wont. if
              you aren't fond of brilliant turquoise, the insence ought to do it...
              That's interesting about the turquoise, I'll have to keep that in mind! (I love the color).  I'm not a big fan of incense myself--though it's gotta be better than bees in a room!

              Thanks!

              Trish Marie

            • Trishmare7@aol.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 2, 2007
                In a message dated 3/1/2007 7:07:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, mahtezcatpoc@... writes:
                I don't have anything at the same longitude (give or take 1 00') as
                either Praesepe or any of the stars in Aries that make up Musca
                Borealis/Vespa, but bees and wasps don't seem to be particularly
                hostile toward me, just a nuisance, like a lot of insects around
                where I live. I guess vitamin B-12 makes me taste bad.
                Interesting about the Vitamin B. Husband takes vitamin supplements, including B complex, and I don't.  I also follow a largely vegetarian diet (eat fish occasionally).  Not only do I get stung by bees, but mosquitoes adore me and they never touch the husband.  Morgana, didn't you say that you're a vegetarian too?  Maybe I should take B, at least in the summer.

                Trish

                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 2, 2007
                  B vitamins break down in your body very quickly so they need to be
                  renewed more often. wont hurt you and I've seen it work wonders. I
                  should mention also some people swear by "skin so soft" which is an
                  avon product, but it has a stronger scent than I like and I dont like
                  being all oiled up like a mud wrestler.

                  see what happens when you collect tidbits. =)

                  MissB

                  --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Trishmare7@... wrote:

                  > In a message dated 3/1/2007 7:07:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                  > mahtezcatpoc@... writes:
                  >
                  > I don't have anything at the same longitude (give or take 1 00')
                  as
                  > either Praesepe or any of the stars in Aries that make up Musca
                  > Borealis/Vespa, but bees and wasps don't seem to be particularly
                  > hostile toward me, just a nuisance, like a lot of insects around
                  > where I live. I guess vitamin B-12 makes me taste bad.
                  >

                  > Interesting about the Vitamin B. Husband takes vitamin
                  supplements,
                  > including B complex, and I don't. I also follow a largely
                  vegetarian diet (eat fish
                  > occasionally). Not only do I get stung by bees, but mosquitoes
                  adore me and
                  > they never touch the husband. Morgana, didn't you say that you're
                  > vegetarian too? Maybe I should take B, at least in the summer.
                  >
                  > Trish
                  > <BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> AOL now
                  offers free
                  > email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at
                  > http://www.aol.com

                • Morgana
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 2, 2007
                    B-Vitamins needed. Interesting MissB. One thing also interesting is
                    that mosquito's do NOT sting me unless I am the only person there.
                    Thanks,
                    Morgana

                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 2, 2007

                      > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Trishmare7@ wrote:

                      > > Is there a star more closely connected with wasps? (Wasps, I've
                      > never minded
                      > > nearly as much as bees).
                      > >

                      > I've been looking at some of the stars of the former Musca Borealis
                      > that Diana R. mentioned. There's probably one in particular I was
                      > looking at that represents Vespa (the Wasp, another name for this
                      > obsolete constellation). I bet you it's in my files. I'll look it
                      up
                      > when I get home.

                      I've got 30 Arietis down as Vespa, and 33 Arietis down as Apis (the
                      Bee).

                      > I don't have anything at the same longitude (give or take 1 00') as
                      > either Praesepe or any of the stars in Aries that make up Musca
                      > Borealis/Vespa,

                      Actually, it seems that I do have Vespa (30 Arietis) aligned with the
                      Ascendant (13 Taurus 49) in my natal (orb of 1 00', remember).

                      .

                      > Maybe when I moved into the house Praesepe or some other bug-
                      related
                      > fixed star was active in the chart.

                      I don't really remember when I moved in, though.