Re: [thefixedstars] Re: Bees-Colony Collapse Disorder-the Beehive Cluster

  • Trishmare7@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 1, 2007
      That's interesting Mark--because with us, the main problem has been honeybees.  We even had a colony swarm into an unused room in the house once and for days and days afterwards, there were lone bees buzzing in the windows and rafters.  As a result of the bee troubles, I developed an absolute loathing of honeybees (I was getting stung all the time--stepping on a bee that had got into the house, sitting on one, etc.) and I can't even say "at least they give us honey" because I detest honey as well.  Not that I blamed the bees--they were just doing what comes natural to bees (and of course they're important pollinators).  Always used non-lethal methods of getting rid of them when that was possible.  Husband never got stung, and as I said, Praesepe aligns with his ascendant. (He loves honey--but then, he loves any kind of sugar ... Venus is on his Ascendant too ...).

      Is there a star more closely connected with wasps? (Wasps, I've never minded nearly as much as bees).

      Trish

      In a message dated 2/28/2007 5:50:14 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, mahtezcatpoc@... writes:
      I get wasps nesting in the vents and crevices at my house all the
      time. Maybe there's a Praesepe connection there (or maybe it's
      something else more closely connected to wasps, because it's always
      wasps, never honeybees).

      Mark A. Holmes

      --- In thefixedstars@ yahoogroups. com, Trishmare7@. .. wrote:

      > Of course Diana! And thanks for all the great information on the
      Beehive

      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 1, 2007
        okay not exactly astrology, but since I'm rather fond of bees, some
        weird tidbits I've picked up on keeping them OUT of the house.

        one, if you have a room you feel is bee friendly, burn insence in
        there on a regular basis and the bees will stay away, they hate
        smoke.

        or Two, you can take a lesson from the southwest and paint ceiling
        and windows and doors Turquise. Bees and wasps wont nest there. not
        certain why, though I've heard lots of theories, they just wont. if
        you aren't fond of brilliant turquoise, the insence ought to do it...

        Granny

        (mailto:thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com)
        > , Trishmare7@, Tri
        > >

        > > Of course Diana! And thanks for all the great information on the
        > Beehive
        > > Cluster. Want to hear something funny? My husband's ascendant
        > is 7°30' Leo,
        > > and we had a 20 year long battle with honeybees making nests in
        > the walls of
        > > our house. Seems like every year we'd have to drive a colony out
        > of yet a new
        > > location. We also have an unusual number (I think it's unusual
        > anyway) of
        > > wasp colonies on our 10 acre horse farm. The wasps I leave
        > alone, as long as
        > > they're not nesting in the house or barn. Would've left the bees
        > alone too,
        > > if they'd have nested somewhere other than the house.
        > >
        > > Love,
        > > Trish
        >

        > <BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> AOL now
        offers free
        > email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at
        > http://www.aol.com

      • Morgana
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 1, 2007
          Well that Beehive cluster opposes my Venus, but conjuncts Transpluto in
          my chart, squares my Moon too now that I think of it, and I detest the
          critters. For some reason they all attack me. I will never forget the
          time I decided that I would overcome my fear of them and just ignore
          them when they buzzed around me, as I was told to do because they
          supposedly will never go for you unless threatened.

          No sooner did I make myself comfortable in my chaise lounge in the patio
          and shut my eyes, studiously trying to ignore the buzzing when I felt
          the stings and sure enough they were nose diving me. To hell with that.
          No more do I ever take those bees for granted, honey-bees, wasps or any
          of them. I don't like honey either.

          Spiders do the same. If there is one in the house, it will bite me,
          ignoring anyone else. It takes months to heal from those bites too.

          In January, right after New Year's I was trying to fall asleep and
          happened to notice a dark spot on the white canopy over my bed. I
          looked at it and thought, gee, I wonder what that is, must be a spot of
          cat hair floated up there, or something, but I felt uneasy and so turned
          on the light. There was a huge Black wasp hanging there and those
          suckers are supposed to be in hibernation. Needless to say, he lost his
          spot there very quickly, and got dumped over the balcony, after I came
          out of my paralysis from the shock of it.
          Morgana

          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 1, 2007
            you need more vitamin B in your system, when you lack it, you are
            tasty to biting critters. when you have a lot of it, you tast aweful
            to them, and smell aweful to them as well. people will tell you to
            take brewers yeast, but basically that is just another form of
            Vitamin B, and B leaves your system very fast so you should really
            take one at least twice a day. (they rarely land on me, and I dont
            like any critter to land on me and I have a very bad reaction to
            spider bites myself)

            MissB

            --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Morgana <morganad@...> wrote:

            > Well that Beehive cluster opposes my Venus, but conjuncts
            Transpluto in
            > my chart, squares my Moon too now that I think of it, and I detest
            the
            > critters. For some reason they all attack me. I will never forget
            the
            > time I decided that I would overcome my fear of them and just ignore
            > them when they buzzed around me, as I was told to do because they
            > supposedly will never go for you unless threatened.
            >
            > No sooner did I make myself comfortable in my chaise lounge in the
            patio
            > and shut my eyes, studiously trying to ignore the buzzing when I
            felt
            > the stings and sure enough they were nose diving me. To hell with
            that.
            > No more do I ever take those bees for granted, honey-bees, wasps or
            any
            > of them. I don't like honey either.
            >
            > Spiders do the same. If there is one in the house, it will bite me,
            > ignoring anyone else. It takes months to heal from those bites too.
            >
            > In January, right after New Year's I was trying to fall asleep and
            > happened to notice a dark spot on the white canopy over my bed. I
            > looked at it and thought, gee, I wonder what that is, must be a
            spot of
            > cat hair floated up there, or something, but I felt uneasy and so
            turned
            > on the light. There was a huge Black wasp hanging there and those
            > suckers are supposed to be in hibernation. Needless to say, he
            lost his
            > spot there very quickly, and got dumped over the balcony, after I
            came
            > out of my paralysis from the shock of it.
            > Morgana

            Beehive

            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 1, 2007
              --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Trishmare7@... wrote:

              > That's interesting Mark--because with us, the main problem has
              been
              > honeybees. We even had a colony swarm into an unused room in the
              house once and for
              > days and days afterwards, there were lone bees buzzing in the
              windows and
              > rafters. As a result of the bee troubles, I developed an absolute
              loathing of
              > honeybees (I was getting stung all the time--stepping on a bee
              that had got
              > into the house, sitting on one, etc.) and I can't even say "at
              least they give
              > us honey" because I detest honey as well. Not that I blamed the
              bees--they
              > were just doing what comes natural to bees (and of course they're
              important
              > pollinators). Always used non-lethal methods of getting rid of
              them when that
              > was possible.

              Yeah...I just hope I don't have to deal with Africanized honeybees.
              They are not unknown where I live.

              Husband never got stung, and as I said, Praesepe aligns with
              > his ascendant. (He loves honey--but then, he loves any kind of
              sugar ... Venus
              > is on his Ascendant too ...).
              >
              > Is there a star more closely connected with wasps? (Wasps, I've
              never minded
              > nearly as much as bees).

              I've been looking at some of the stars of the former Musca Borealis
              that Diana R. mentioned. There's probably one in particular I was
              looking at that represents Vespa (the Wasp, another name for this
              obsolete constellation). I bet you it's in my files. I'll look it up
              when I get home.

              I don't have anything at the same longitude (give or take 1 00') as
              either Praesepe or any of the stars in Aries that make up Musca
              Borealis/Vespa, but bees and wasps don't seem to be particularly
              hostile toward me, just a nuisance, like a lot of insects around
              where I live. I guess vitamin B-12 makes me taste bad.

              When I was picking up recyclable cardboard, bees and wasps would
              congregate around the dumpsters where the cardboard was left out for
              pickup. They buzz the cab of my pickup truck, attracted by the
              sugared coffee, iced tea, soda pop and fruit juice I keep in there,
              not to mention the empty aluminum drink cans I collect for recycling
              that I store in the truck bed, and I have to kind of gently chase
              them away. Sometimes the phone lines at my house go haywire because
              wasps have built nests in the box out front where the lines in my
              house connect to the cables that serve the neighborhood, and I just
              had to replace the security floodlight out by my back door. When I
              took it off the wall, I found more little wasp nests built of mud
              nestled inside the mechanism. I hope my cat doesn't get stung
              someday. She looks like she has more sense than to provoke stinging
              insects into attacking her, though.

              Maybe when I moved into the house Praesepe or some other bug-related
              fixed star was active in the chart.

              Mark A. Holmes

            • Trishmare7@aol.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 2, 2007
                In a message dated 3/1/2007 4:12:20 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, msbhavens1@... writes:
                or Two, you can take a lesson from the southwest and paint ceiling
                and windows and doors Turquise. Bees and wasps wont nest there. not
                certain why, though I've heard lots of theories, they just wont. if
                you aren't fond of brilliant turquoise, the insence ought to do it...
                That's interesting about the turquoise, I'll have to keep that in mind! (I love the color).  I'm not a big fan of incense myself--though it's gotta be better than bees in a room!

                Thanks!

                Trish Marie

              • Trishmare7@aol.com
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 2, 2007
                  In a message dated 3/1/2007 7:07:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, mahtezcatpoc@... writes:
                  I don't have anything at the same longitude (give or take 1 00') as
                  either Praesepe or any of the stars in Aries that make up Musca
                  Borealis/Vespa, but bees and wasps don't seem to be particularly
                  hostile toward me, just a nuisance, like a lot of insects around
                  where I live. I guess vitamin B-12 makes me taste bad.
                  Interesting about the Vitamin B. Husband takes vitamin supplements, including B complex, and I don't.  I also follow a largely vegetarian diet (eat fish occasionally).  Not only do I get stung by bees, but mosquitoes adore me and they never touch the husband.  Morgana, didn't you say that you're a vegetarian too?  Maybe I should take B, at least in the summer.

                  Trish

                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 2, 2007
                    B vitamins break down in your body very quickly so they need to be
                    renewed more often. wont hurt you and I've seen it work wonders. I
                    should mention also some people swear by "skin so soft" which is an
                    avon product, but it has a stronger scent than I like and I dont like
                    being all oiled up like a mud wrestler.

                    see what happens when you collect tidbits. =)

                    MissB

                    --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Trishmare7@... wrote:

                    > In a message dated 3/1/2007 7:07:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                    > mahtezcatpoc@... writes:
                    >
                    > I don't have anything at the same longitude (give or take 1 00')
                    as
                    > either Praesepe or any of the stars in Aries that make up Musca
                    > Borealis/Vespa, but bees and wasps don't seem to be particularly
                    > hostile toward me, just a nuisance, like a lot of insects around
                    > where I live. I guess vitamin B-12 makes me taste bad.
                    >

                    > Interesting about the Vitamin B. Husband takes vitamin
                    supplements,
                    > including B complex, and I don't. I also follow a largely
                    vegetarian diet (eat fish
                    > occasionally). Not only do I get stung by bees, but mosquitoes
                    adore me and
                    > they never touch the husband. Morgana, didn't you say that you're
                    > vegetarian too? Maybe I should take B, at least in the summer.
                    >
                    > Trish
                    > <BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> AOL now
                    offers free
                    > email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at
                    > http://www.aol.com

                  • Morgana
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 2, 2007
                      B-Vitamins needed. Interesting MissB. One thing also interesting is
                      that mosquito's do NOT sting me unless I am the only person there.
                      Thanks,
                      Morgana

                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 2, 2007

                        > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Trishmare7@ wrote:

                        > > Is there a star more closely connected with wasps? (Wasps, I've
                        > never minded
                        > > nearly as much as bees).
                        > >

                        > I've been looking at some of the stars of the former Musca Borealis
                        > that Diana R. mentioned. There's probably one in particular I was
                        > looking at that represents Vespa (the Wasp, another name for this
                        > obsolete constellation). I bet you it's in my files. I'll look it
                        up
                        > when I get home.

                        I've got 30 Arietis down as Vespa, and 33 Arietis down as Apis (the
                        Bee).

                        > I don't have anything at the same longitude (give or take 1 00') as
                        > either Praesepe or any of the stars in Aries that make up Musca
                        > Borealis/Vespa,

                        Actually, it seems that I do have Vespa (30 Arietis) aligned with the
                        Ascendant (13 Taurus 49) in my natal (orb of 1 00', remember).

                        .

                        > Maybe when I moved into the house Praesepe or some other bug-
                        related
                        > fixed star was active in the chart.

                        I don't really remember when I moved in, though.