Rules

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 2005
      These are the rules for the group. I don't want to give this long and
      detailed list of do's and don'ts, but some rules are necessary.

      (1) If you're an astrological newbie, this is probably not an
      appropriate group for you; we'll help each other out if we don't
      understand something, but this list is for astrologers who already
      have mastered the basics.

      (2) Treat all members with respect; no personal attacks, no
      flamefests, no name-calling, no libel, no stalking, no bigotry. I have
      been through this stuff on other groups and *I will not tolerate it
      here.* I have seen lists that have dried up, withered away and
      vanished through too-tight control of the discussion, but I have also
      seen list moderators go to the other extreme and tolerate nasties for
      months and months before finally stepping in to stop their
      misbehavior. I am going to try and strike a balance. I will not issue
      an unlimited number of warnings to bad actors. If you persist in being
      ugly, you will be banned, and don't ask me for another chance if you
      are. If you came to mock or sneer, go somewhere else. As for other
      language: I don't mind profanity unless other members mind it. Also,
      try to stay away from political rivalry on the list. We want to get
      along here.

      (3) Posting spam to the list may get you banned, too.

      (4) The occasional digression is fine, but try to keep it on the
      stated topic of this list; if you go off-topic for too long, I may ask
      you to get back on-topic.

      (5) Please edit your messages to remove redundant content when you
      reply instead of composing new messages so you don't include along
      with your message every other message in the thread ad infinitum with
      a lot of unnecessary text swimming in a mess of right-angle brackets.
      This is a pet peeve of mine.

      If we need to make any other rules as we go along, we will.

      Live long and prosper.

      Mark A. Holmes
    • Ariondys
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 27, 2005
        Mark A. Holmes wrote:
        > (5) Please edit your messages to remove redundant content when you
        reply instead of composing new messages so you don't include along
        with your message every other message in the thread ad infinitum with
        a lot of unnecessary text swimming in a mess of right-angle brackets.
        > This is a pet peeve of mine.

        Thank you Mark.

        I'm sure this will probably be a good group. I'll look into the
        conception in a bit... I've tried making a group too. They really
        live.

        Ariondys