Re: [thefixedstars] Re: pesky nova

    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 21, 2007
      --- Rab <rab@...> wrote:

> [...]

      I'm going to try deleting the entry and then
      re-entering the RA and declination and see if that
      yields a position that's more in line with what you
      two have got.

      Don't pick lemons.
      See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
      http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html
    • Outi Parhi
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 22, 2007
        Reading from the previous link:
        http://skytonight.com/observing/home/Nova-Sco-2007.html

        On Wednesday, February 21st, came remarkable news: another nova has
        apparently gone off in Scorpius, and it's a mere 3° due south of the
        first.

        Op

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 22, 2007

          > I'm going to try deleting the entry and then
          > re-entering the RA and declination and see if that
          > yields a position that's more in line with what you
          > two have got.

          Hi, I entered it in my Solar Fire 5 program and I got 16.42 Sag in my
          planetarium. maybe you set different values somewhere?

          Op

          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 22, 2007

            No need; I entered 2007 in the Equator Of textbox and
            got the same position you and Diana R. did.

            http://new.mail.yahoo.com
          • Rab
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 22, 2007
              #2 Nova in Scorpius:

              16 56 59 / -35 21.8
              => 16 53 04.3 Sgr (-12 38 18.9)

              BTW: Diana ~ What have you on Delta Aurigae besides
              RH Allen's bit about Prajapati & a Chinese cereal?

              Txo
              -=Rab

              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 22, 2007
                --- Outi Parhi <eh7706@...> wrote:

                > Reading from the previous link:

                http://skytonight.com/observing/home/Nova-Sco-2007.html

                > On Wednesday, February 21st, came remarkable news:
                > another nova has
                > apparently gone off in Scorpius, and it's a mere 3°
                > due south of the
                > first.
                >
                > Op

                Thanks.

                Mark A. Holmes

                > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Mark Andrew
                > Holmes
                > <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:

                It's here! Your new message!
              • Outi Parhi
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 23, 2007
                  Should I use year 2000 option in Equator of Year in Solar Fire  as the article says (second Nova)
                  K. Itagaki confirmed the new star; it's at right ascension 16h 56m 59s, declination –35° 21.8' (2000.0 coordinates).

                  For that I got:
                  Nova nr. 1 = 16Sag47
                  Nova nr. 2 = 16Sag59

                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 23, 2007
                    --- Outi Parhi <eh7706@...> wrote:

                    > Should I use year 2000 option in Equator of Year in
                    > Solar Fire as the
                    > article says (second Nova)

                    If you were given 2000 coordinates, then I guess you
                    do.

                    Want to start your own business?
                    Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
                    http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index