Re: [thefixedstars] Re: pesky nova

  • Rab
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 20, 2007
      From: "mahtezcatpoc" <mahtezcatpoc@...>
      To: <thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, 20 February, 2007 9:45 PM
      Subject: [thefixedstars] Re: pesky nova

      They told me at Astrolabe that the program corrected for precession
      to the current epoch 2007). Still, 17 Sagittarius 20 is a gap of more
      than half a degree from what you two have got.

      =-

      Yup. Precessed 7 years moves it only about 06'.
      Astrolabe apparently doesn't understand it's calculations
      or that they're wrong.

      -=R
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 21, 2007
        > They told me at Astrolabe that the program corrected
        > for precession
        > to the current epoch 2007). Still, 17 Sagittarius 20
        > is a gap of more
        > than half a degree from what you two have got.
        >
        > =-
        >
        > Yup. Precessed 7 years moves it only about 06'.
        > Astrolabe apparently doesn't understand it's
        > calculations
        > or that they're wrong.

        I'm going to try deleting the entry and then
        re-entering the RA and declination and see if that
        yields a position that's more in line with what you
        two have got.

        Don't pick lemons.
        See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
        http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html
      • Outi Parhi
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 22, 2007
          Reading from the previous link:
          http://skytonight.com/observing/home/Nova-Sco-2007.html

          On Wednesday, February 21st, came remarkable news: another nova has
          apparently gone off in Scorpius, and it's a mere 3° due south of the
          first.

          Op

          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 22, 2007

            > I'm going to try deleting the entry and then
            > re-entering the RA and declination and see if that
            > yields a position that's more in line with what you
            > two have got.

            Hi, I entered it in my Solar Fire 5 program and I got 16.42 Sag in my
            planetarium. maybe you set different values somewhere?

            Op

            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 22, 2007

              No need; I entered 2007 in the Equator Of textbox and
              got the same position you and Diana R. did.

              http://new.mail.yahoo.com
            • Rab
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 22, 2007
                #2 Nova in Scorpius:

                16 56 59 / -35 21.8
                => 16 53 04.3 Sgr (-12 38 18.9)

                BTW: Diana ~ What have you on Delta Aurigae besides
                RH Allen's bit about Prajapati & a Chinese cereal?

                Txo

                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 22, 2007
                  --- Outi Parhi <eh7706@...> wrote:

                  > Reading from the previous link:

                  http://skytonight.com/observing/home/Nova-Sco-2007.html

                  > On Wednesday, February 21st, came remarkable news:
                  > another nova has
                  > apparently gone off in Scorpius, and it's a mere 3°
                  > due south of the
                  > first.
                  >
                  > Op

                  Thanks.

                  Mark A. Holmes

                  > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Mark Andrew
                  > Holmes
                  > <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:

                  It's here! Your new message!
                • Outi Parhi
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 23, 2007
                    Should I use year 2000 option in Equator of Year in Solar Fire  as the article says (second Nova)
                    K. Itagaki confirmed the new star; it's at right ascension 16h 56m 59s, declination –35° 21.8' (2000.0 coordinates).

                    For that I got:
                    Nova nr. 1 = 16Sag47
                    Nova nr. 2 = 16Sag59

                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 23, 2007
                      --- Outi Parhi <eh7706@...> wrote:

                      > Should I use year 2000 option in Equator of Year in
                      > Solar Fire as the
                      > article says (second Nova)

                      If you were given 2000 coordinates, then I guess you
                      do.

                      Want to start your own business?
                      Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
                      http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index