Re: Fixed star alignments (January 14, 2007)

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 4, 2007

      > As of noon CST.
      >

      > Asterisks indicate new alignments (that didn't exist a
      > week ago today with a 1 00' orb).
      >

      > Jupiter
      >

      > Kuma (Nu Draconis)

      "at last"

      > *Sin (Tau Scorpii)

      This star also shares the name Al-Niyat (Arabic = the arteries) with
      Sigma Scorpii. I'm calling Tau Sin (Chinese = heart) after the Chinese
      lunar mansion it's part of.

      > Saturn
      >

      > MM Hydrae (cataclysmic variable aka nova)
      >
      > Subra (Omicron Leonis)
      >
      > Frosty Leo Nebula (IRAS 09371+1212 Leonis)
      >
      > Lucida Pictoris (Alpha Pictoris)
      >
      > *Owl Nebula (M97 Ursae Majoris)
      >

      > Uranus
      >

      > Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)
      >
      > Nova Cygni 1992 (V1974 Cygni, cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > Scovil's Object (Q1991/107 Cygni)
      >
      > Head of Hydrus (Alpha Hydri)
      >
      > VY Sculptoris (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > Neptune
      >

      > *HR Delphini (cataclysmic variable)

      self-importance, bizarro behavior (anyone remember the Seventies
      live-action kidvid show "HR Pufnstuf"? It was produced by Marty and
      Sid Krofft [sp?] and starred a guy whose character fell into a
      carnival magician's hat and landed in a strange world inhabited by a
      bunch of Muppet-like characters in hat costumes).

      > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)
      >
      > QU Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > Pluto
      >

      > Mu Arae
      >
      > Thackeray's Planetary (IC 1266 Arae)
      >
      > Etamin (Gamma Eridani)
      >
      > *AH Mensae

      "ah"

      > RS Ophiuchi (cataclysmic variables)
      >
      > Pistol Star (V4647 Sagittarii)
      >
      > *Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii)

      something on its last legs? (like this star's giant-star status? It's
      turning into a white dwarf)

      > Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Integral X-ray Nova 2006 (IGR J17497-2821 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Box Nebula (NGC 6445 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Silkworm Nebula (CRL 5385 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Galactic Center (Sagittarius A* Sagittarii)
      >
      > Apollyon (Iota-1 Scorpii)
      >
      > Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
      >
      > Basanismus (G Scorpii)
      >
      > Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii)
      >

      > Ceres
      >

      > *Luyten 789-6 (Ceti; a nearby star)

      > *Deneb Adige (Alpha Cygni)

      "gives an ingenious nature and a clever intellect that is quick at
      learning." (Robson)

      > Pallas
      >

      > *Youe (Psi Capricorni)

      on one's knees (to defer? to pray? to be sacrificed?)

      > *Patchick's Planetary (IRAS 19450+2922 Cygni)

      having to do with sexual misconduct

      > *Tarantula Nebula (30 Doradus)

      "to live through"

      > *LU Vulpeculae
      >
      > *LV Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)
      >
      > *Cloverleaf Nebula (IRAS 19477+2401 Vulpeculae)
      >

      > Juno
      >

      > Arcturus (Alpha Bootis)
      >
      > Nekkar (Beta Bootis)
      >
      > *Tadpole Nebula (Arp 188 Draconis)

      in an embryonic stage

      > Vesta
      >

      > WX Centauri (cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > *Southern Crab Nebula (Henize 2-104 Centauri)

      having to do with seafood?

      > *Zubenelschemali (Beta Librae)

      social activism carried out for selfish reasons

      > *Nu Librae

      out of balance

      > *Chain-Link Nebula (IC 4406 Lupi)

      fenced in, chained?

      > Chiron
      >

      > Diamond Ring Nebula (Abell 70 Aquilae)
      >
      > *Epsilon Indi

      awareness of people who think and act differently from ourselves?

      > *Lucida Tucanae (Alpha Tucanae)

      being helpful (or nosy?)

      > *Lucida Microscopii (Gamma Microscopii)

      having to do with science?

      > WZ Sagittae (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > North Node
      >

      > Honda's Star (V1500 Cygni)

      a temporary period of madness, a "dirty war"

      > Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)

      like a moth to a flame