Re: Molly Ivins

    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 2, 2007
      Yeah, and I like her and I like guns, so you might see that I do
      have a bit of an empathy with her frustration, though I think there
      are better ways to handle the problem. MissB

      > Regarding Venus aligned with Copula: in a college English class I
      > studied one of Molly Ivins' essays, which was on gun control. She
      put
      > people who wanted to shoot guns on the couch, calling them...I
      don't
      > really remember, but it had something to do with them liking to
      see
      > things bleed, die and break. She called for banning guns
      altogether.
      > Most of us in the class agreed she was venting, not presenting
      > anything designed to persuade, or if it was, she didn't do a very
      > good job, because people want guns for purposes that have nothing
      > do with bloodthirstiness and lust to destroy, or ODing on
      > testosterone. Given the level of gun violence in the US and the
      > opposition to even reasonable restrictions on gun ownership, it's
      > understandable that Ivins would be frustrated.

      > > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Derek Reveres"
      <l_awake_l@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi MissB
      > > > From teh Political Astrology List (no time given)
      > > >
      > > > Molly Ivins
      > > > AKA Mary Tyler Ivins
      > > > Born: 30-Aug-1944
      > > > Birthplace: Monterey, CA
      > >

      > > assuming noon Pacific War Time
      > >

      > > Sun and Jupiter aligned with Thuban (Alpha Draconis) and with
      Alioth
      > > (Epsilon Ursae Majoris, the right-hand star in the handle of the
      Big
      > > Dipper).
      > >
      > > (All quotes from the Brady star file in SolarFire 5:)
      > >
      > > "[Thuban:] This star is linked to the mythology of the Dragon
      and
      > is a
      > > symbol of one who guards or produces a treasure. The treasure
      may be
      > > material but it can also be one of spiritual knowledge."
      > >
      > > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Thuban.html
      > >
      > > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Alioth.html
      > >
      > > Mercury aligned with Denebola (Beta Leonis)
      > >
      > > "This star embodies these concepts and can talk of a person who
      goes
      > > against convention, or becomes out-of- step with the views of
      > society
      > > thereby opening themselves to persecution or becoming the
      > persecutor."
      > >
      > > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Denebola.html
      > >
      > > Venus aligned with Copula (M51 Canum Venaticorum, the Whirlpool
      > > Galaxy) and Labrum (Delta Crateris)
      > >
      > > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Copula.html
      > >
      > > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Labrum.html
      > >
      > > Saturn aligned with Alhena (Gamma Geminorum)
      > >
      > > "...The one with a job to do, the person with a mission which is
      > > either conscious or unconscious."
      > >
      > > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Alhena.html
      > >
      > > Neptune aligned with Zaniah (Eta Virginis)
      > >
      > > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Zaniah.html
      > >
      > > Juno aligned with Rigel (Beta Orionis)
      > >

      > > "Orion's foot touching the river, Eridanus. The foot of the
      Pharoah
      > > which was the symbol for the giving of eduction, civilisation
      and
      > > protection. To be under such a foot was a blessing. Rigel is the
      > > educator, the one who brings knowledge."
      > >
      > > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Rigel.html
      > >

      > > Mark A. Holmes

      > she was
      > nasty,

    • Derek Reveres
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 14, 2007
        If I remember correctly, MIssB, were you looking for the exact birth time of
        Molly Ivins?
        Someone on Political Astrology just had her birth certificate arrive today,
        so we now have a birth time for Molly:

        >Mary Tyler Ivins
        >August 30, 1944, 10.12 am PWT
        >Monterey, Calif. 36n36:01 121w53:37

        something more.
        http://click4thecause.live.com/search/charity/default.aspx?source=hmemtagline_gratitude&FORM=WLMTAG
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 14, 2007
          Thanks, Derek.

          Mark A. Holmes

          http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 14, 2007

            > Thanks, Derek.

            Additional alignments:

            Moon

            Peacock (Alpha Pavonis)

            http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Peacock.html

            Ascendant

            Foramen (Eta Carinae)

            http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Foramen.html

            Midheaven

            Pollux (Beta Geminorum)

            http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Pollux.html

            Mark A. Holmes

            > --- Derek Reveres <l_awake_l@...> wrote:
            >
            > > If I remember correctly, MIssB, were you looking
            > for
            > > the exact birth time of
            > > Molly Ivins?
            > > Someone on Political Astrology just had her birth
            > > certificate arrive today,
            > > so we now have a birth time for Molly:
            > >
            > > >Mary Tyler Ivins
            > > >August 30, 1944, 10.12 am PWT
            > > >Monterey, Calif. 36n36:01 121w53:37

            Never Miss an Email
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 15, 2007
              Molly Ivins

              Mark sent

              Midheaven

              Pollux (Beta Geminorum)

              http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Pollux.html
              =========================
              Pollux is one of the most aggressive stars in the sky - here's what I have
              in the Workbook: (position is 1980)

              Pollux  Beta Geminorum   head of Pollux 22CA56  6 41    28 05   7 44    1.14    K0 III

              What’s Out There?? Key word: discovery: physical &/or mental exploration; determination to be first, to pioneer, to originate, explore possibilities in chosen field. Adventurous, they are keen observers of the social environment; tend to be dictatorial. Some study economics, “big money,” and its effect on people, or become businessmen. Artists, playwrights, filmmakers; mythology, imagery. Discoveries of ancient texts. Issues: bondage vs freedom, respect, dignity; force vs reason; violent vs non-violent; also, sibling and brotherhood themes, issues. Multiple births. Possible imprisonment. Assassinations, invasions, invasion attempts, great historic battles.

              original, pioneering    adventurous             domineering, bullying
              instinct to explore, try new things     impatient, reformers    believe in use of force
              high-spirited, take initiatives tough, demanding        murderous
              artistically talented   feisty, aggressive      possible violent death

              It made the lady feisty - bless her soul!

              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 15, 2007
                thank you so much! MissB

                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 15, 2007
                  LoL gee I dont recognize those alignments at all, my MC is 23 Cancer,
                  Asc is just shy of 21 Libra. =) MissB

                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 15, 2007
                    Peacock = Argus the ever-watchful...