Molly Ivins

    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 31, 2007
      The democratic critic who coined the phrase Shrub has passed away
      today. she was 62, cancer. anyoen have any birthdata on her? she was
      a wonderful writer and very quick witted, without being vile or nasty,
      a true talant.

      MissB
    • Derek Reveres
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 31, 2007
        Hi MissB
        From teh Political Astrology List (no time given)

        Molly Ivins
        AKA Mary Tyler Ivins
        Born: 30-Aug-1944
        Birthplace: Monterey, CA

        >From: "msbhavens1" <msbhavens1@...>
        >To: thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [thefixedstars] Molly Ivins
        >Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 01:23:25 -0000
        >

        >The democratic critic who coined the phrase Shrub has passed away
        >today. she was 62, cancer. anyoen have any birthdata on her? she was
        >a wonderful writer and very quick witted, without being vile or nasty,
        >a true talant.
        >
        >MissB

        Get live scores and news about your team: Add the Live.com Football Page
        http://www.live.com/?addtemplate=football
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 31, 2007
          --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Derek Reveres" <l_awake_l@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi MissB
          > From teh Political Astrology List (no time given)
          >
          > Molly Ivins
          > AKA Mary Tyler Ivins
          > Born: 30-Aug-1944
          > Birthplace: Monterey, CA

          assuming noon Pacific War Time

          Sun and Jupiter aligned with Thuban (Alpha Draconis) and with Alioth
          (Epsilon Ursae Majoris, the right-hand star in the handle of the Big
          Dipper).

          (All quotes from the Brady star file in SolarFire 5:)

          "[Thuban:] This star is linked to the mythology of the Dragon and is a
          symbol of one who guards or produces a treasure. The treasure may be
          material but it can also be one of spiritual knowledge."

          http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Thuban.html

          http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Alioth.html

          Mercury aligned with Denebola (Beta Leonis)

          "This star embodies these concepts and can talk of a person who goes
          against convention, or becomes out-of- step with the views of society
          thereby opening themselves to persecution or becoming the persecutor."

          http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Denebola.html

          Venus aligned with Copula (M51 Canum Venaticorum, the Whirlpool
          Galaxy) and Labrum (Delta Crateris)

          http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Copula.html

          http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Labrum.html

          Saturn aligned with Alhena (Gamma Geminorum)

          "...The one with a job to do, the person with a mission which is
          either conscious or unconscious."

          http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Alhena.html

          Neptune aligned with Zaniah (Eta Virginis)

          http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Zaniah.html

          Juno aligned with Rigel (Beta Orionis)

          "Orion's foot touching the river, Eridanus. The foot of the Pharoah
          which was the symbol for the giving of eduction, civilisation and
          protection. To be under such a foot was a blessing. Rigel is the
          educator, the one who brings knowledge."

          http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Rigel.html

          Mark A. Holmes

          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 1, 2007
            thanks Derek! MissB

            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 1, 2007
              Regarding Venus aligned with Copula: in a college English class I
              studied one of Molly Ivins' essays, which was on gun control. She put
              people who wanted to shoot guns on the couch, calling them...I don't
              really remember, but it had something to do with them liking to see
              things bleed, die and break. She called for banning guns altogether.
              Most of us in the class agreed she was venting, not presenting
              anything designed to persuade, or if it was, she didn't do a very
              good job, because people want guns for purposes that have nothing to
              do with bloodthirstiness and lust to destroy, or ODing on
              testosterone. Given the level of gun violence in the US and the
              opposition to even reasonable restrictions on gun ownership, it's
              understandable that Ivins would be frustrated.

              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 2, 2007
                Yeah, and I like her and I like guns, so you might see that I do
                have a bit of an empathy with her frustration, though I think there
                are better ways to handle the problem. MissB

> [...]
                > >
                > > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Denebola.html
                > >
                > > Venus aligned with Copula (M51 Canum Venaticorum, the Whirlpool
                > > Galaxy) and Labrum (Delta Crateris)
                > >
                > > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Copula.html
                > >
                > > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Labrum.html
                > >
                > > Saturn aligned with Alhena (Gamma Geminorum)
                > >
                > > "...The one with a job to do, the person with a mission which is
                > > either conscious or unconscious."
                > >
                > > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Alhena.html
                > >
                > > Neptune aligned with Zaniah (Eta Virginis)
                > >
                > > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Zaniah.html
                > >
                > > Juno aligned with Rigel (Beta Orionis)
                > >

                > > "Orion's foot touching the river, Eridanus. The foot of the
                Pharoah
                > > which was the symbol for the giving of eduction, civilisation
                and
                > > protection. To be under such a foot was a blessing. Rigel is the
                > > educator, the one who brings knowledge."

              • Derek Reveres
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 14, 2007
                  If I remember correctly, MIssB, were you looking for the exact birth time of
                  Molly Ivins?
                  Someone on Political Astrology just had her birth certificate arrive today,
                  so we now have a birth time for Molly:

                  >Mary Tyler Ivins
                  >August 30, 1944, 10.12 am PWT
                  >Monterey, Calif. 36n36:01 121w53:37

                  something more.
                  http://click4thecause.live.com/search/charity/default.aspx?source=hmemtagline_gratitude&FORM=WLMTAG
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 14, 2007
                    Thanks, Derek.

                    Mark A. Holmes

                    http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 14, 2007

                      > Thanks, Derek.

                      Additional alignments:

                      Moon

                      Peacock (Alpha Pavonis)

                      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Peacock.html

                      Ascendant

                      Foramen (Eta Carinae)

                      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Foramen.html

                      Midheaven

                      Pollux (Beta Geminorum)

                      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Pollux.html

                      Mark A. Holmes

                      > --- Derek Reveres <l_awake_l@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > If I remember correctly, MIssB, were you looking
                      > for
                      > > the exact birth time of
                      > > Molly Ivins?
                      > > Someone on Political Astrology just had her birth
                      > > certificate arrive today,
                      > > so we now have a birth time for Molly:
                      > >
                      > > >Mary Tyler Ivins
                      > > >August 30, 1944, 10.12 am PWT
                      > > >Monterey, Calif. 36n36:01 121w53:37

                      Never Miss an Email
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 15, 2007
                        Molly Ivins

                        Mark sent

                        Midheaven

                        Pollux (Beta Geminorum)

                        http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Pollux.html
                        =========================
                        Pollux is one of the most aggressive stars in the sky - here's what I have
                        in the Workbook: (position is 1980)

                        Pollux  Beta Geminorum   head of Pollux 22CA56  6 41    28 05   7 44    1.14    K0 III

                        What’s Out There?? Key word: discovery: physical &/or mental exploration; determination to be first, to pioneer, to originate, explore possibilities in chosen field. Adventurous, they are keen observers of the social environment; tend to be dictatorial. Some study economics, “big money,” and its effect on people, or become businessmen. Artists, playwrights, filmmakers; mythology, imagery. Discoveries of ancient texts. Issues: bondage vs freedom, respect, dignity; force vs reason; violent vs non-violent; also, sibling and brotherhood themes, issues. Multiple births. Possible imprisonment. Assassinations, invasions, invasion attempts, great historic battles.

                        original, pioneering    adventurous             domineering, bullying
                        instinct to explore, try new things     impatient, reformers    believe in use of force
                        high-spirited, take initiatives tough, demanding        murderous
                        artistically talented   feisty, aggressive      possible violent death

                        It made the lady feisty - bless her soul!

                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 15, 2007
                          thank you so much! MissB

                          Message 12 of 13 , Feb 15, 2007
                            LoL gee I dont recognize those alignments at all, my MC is 23 Cancer,
                            Asc is just shy of 21 Libra. =) MissB

                            Message 13 of 13 , Feb 15, 2007
                              Peacock = Argus the ever-watchful...