calculator

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 28, 2007
      calculator

      Mark sent

      Maybe you could convert your time value to a single unit (e.g., 1 hour, 15 minutes = 60 minutes in an hour
      + 15 minutes = 75 minutes; or, 75 * 60 seconds in a
      minute = 4500 seconds). Then you could multiply the result by however much you want to multiply it with a separate calculator.

      Mark A. Holmes
      ==============
      Yes, but that's an awful lot of work, and requires a calculator anyway!

      Since I'm constantly correcting for precession (daily), it makes sense for me to
      use a calculator that has deg-mins-secs built in - they are not expensive; I just
      replaced an old one - it only cost about $15

      Love, Diana

    • Sherri
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 28, 2007
        Yes Diana, it does make sense! Could you tell us the exact model
        number of your new calculator?

        Many thanks! Sherri

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 28, 2007
          --- Diana K Rosenberg <fixed.stars@...> wrote:

          > Mark sent
          >
          > Maybe you could convert your time value to a single
          > unit (e.g., 1 hour, 15
          > minutes = 60 minutes in an hour
          > + 15 minutes = 75 minutes; or, 75 * 60 seconds in a
          > minute = 4500 seconds). Then you could multiply the
          > result by however much
          > you want to multiply it with a separate calculator.
          >
          > Mark A. Holmes
          > ==============
          > Yes, but that's an awful lot of work, and requires a
          > calculator anyway!
          >
          > Since I'm constantly correcting for precession
          > (daily), it makes sense for
          > me to
          > use a calculator that has deg-mins-secs built in -
          > they are not expensive; I
          > just
          > replaced an old one - it only cost about $15
          >
          > Love, Diana

          Good.

          Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 29, 2007
            calculator

            Sherri sent

            Re: calculator
                Posted by: "Sherri" sisterbellabee@... sisterbellabee
                Date: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:30 pm ((PST))

            Yes Diana, it does make sense!  Could you tell us the exact model number of your new calculator?

            Many thanks!  Sherri
            =============================
            The one I have is Casio fx-250HC "fraction" calculator
            but there are many models that would do as well -
            No need to go to anyplace special - I found mine in a
            bubble pack in a Duane Reade drugstore!

            Look for one that has a key that says (degree symbol-tiny o, elevated) 9 99 -
            usually 2nd key down from the top, 2nd key in from the left):

            when entering precession correction (I use 0 deg 0 mins 50.23 secs), always
            enter it in full (0, 9 99 key, 0, 9 99 key, 50.23, 9,99 key)

            results come out in decimals; press blank upper left key, then the 9 99 key
            again, and the decimal turns into degrees-mins-secs.

            Love, Diana

          • Sherri
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 29, 2007
              Thank you Diana, okay, your 'key' description was definately key,
              which I located on this model: Casio FX-115ES Advanced Scientific
              Calculator with 2-Line Natural Textbook Display

              I ordered one from amazon.com, many thanks for your patience!

              Sincerely, Sherri