Inception stars

  • Diana K. Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 27, 2005
      > Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 04:33:30 -0000
      > From: "mahtezcatpoc" <mahtezcatpoc@...>

      Thank you, Mark, for forming this group! I've often thought
      of forming one, but I never could give it the time it would
      deserve.

      You wrote:

      >I have checked in SolarFire 5 for Brady fixed star aspects to major
      >planets, the five most commonly used asteroids, the major angles, the
      >lunar Nodes, the Vertex and the East Point in the chart for this group
      >(conjunctions only, 1 00' orb), and found the following:

      >Mars conjunct Vega (Alpha Lyrae)
      >Saturn conjunct Castor (Alpha Geminorum)
      >Ceres conjunct Agena (Beta Centauri)
      >Pallas conjunct Diadem (Alpha Comae Berenices)
      >South Node conjunct Arcturus (Alpha Bootis) and Spica (Alpha Virginis)
      >East Point conjunct Denebola (Beta Leonis)

      >Mark A. Holmes

      Besides Vega, I get a kick out of Mars also being conjunct
      Manubrium, Omicron Sagittarii, because it was a star in
      China's "Determining Asterism," which "determined" (marked)
      the Winter Solstice by its heliacal rising; as it was on the
      Sun's path, it was also called "The Inspector of the
      Ecliptic!" How's that for a suitable start to a fixed star
      group?

      From my Workbook (the positions are for 1980; for 2000, add
      17 minutes; for 2005, add 21 minutes)

      (apologies if alignments are lost in transmission)

      Manubrium Omicron Sagittarii Archer's head 14CP43 0 52 -21 46 19 03 3.77 gG8
      Vega Alpha Lyrae "Harp Star" Lyre/Vulture 15CP02 61 44 38 46 18 36 0.03 A0 V
      The "Weaving Girl" of Chinese myth 5th brightest star in apparent magnitude

      (The numbers after the longitude positions are Latitude,
      Declination, Right Ascension, Magnitude, Spectral Class)

      Stern, autocratic, dictatorial leadership; lay down the law,
      attempt to impose their ideology on others -"my beliefs
      ought to be everyone's beliefs." Want to help others, but
      tend to offer extreme, fanatic solutions to problems.
      Skilled political maneuverers. Military, politics, theology,
      history, mathematics, music, poetry, astronomy, law,
      business. Religion, philosophy - either live it or reject
      it. May inherit position, suffer from stern upbringing, have
      pre-set ideology imposed upon them. Possible coldness,
      brutality, aggressiveness, but some become humane, make
      sacrifices for others. Must deal with issues of prejudice,
      economics, religion, philosophy. Blindness (Jupiter at
      Bhopal disaster), explosions, fires, assassinations,
      eruptions, storms, massacres

      Again, many thanks.

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 28, 2005
        --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Diana K. Rosenberg"
        <ye-stars@i...> wrote:
        > > Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 04:33:30 -0000
        > > From: "mahtezcatpoc" <mahtezcatpoc@y...>
        >
        > Thank you, Mark, for forming this group!

        Thank you.

        > You wrote:
        >
        > >I have checked in SolarFire 5 for Brady fixed star aspects to major
        > >planets, the five most commonly used asteroids, the major angles, the
        > >lunar Nodes, the Vertex and the East Point in the chart for this group
        > >(conjunctions only, 1 00' orb), and found the following:
        >
        > >Mars conjunct Vega (Alpha Lyrae)
        > >Saturn conjunct Castor (Alpha Geminorum)
        > >Ceres conjunct Agena (Beta Centauri)
        > >Pallas conjunct Diadem (Alpha Comae Berenices)
        > >South Node conjunct Arcturus (Alpha Bootis) and Spica (Alpha Virginis)
        > >East Point conjunct Denebola (Beta Leonis)
        >
        > >Mark A. Holmes
        >
        > Besides Vega, I get a kick out of Mars also being conjunct
        > Manubrium, Omicron Sagittarii, because it was a star in
        > China's "Determining Asterism," which "determined" (marked)
        > the Winter Solstice by its heliacal rising; as it was on the
        > Sun's path, it was also called "The Inspector of the
        > Ecliptic!" How's that for a suitable start to a fixed star
        > group?

        Saturn conjunct Castor, Pallas conjunct Diadem...and Neptune conjunct
        Alnair (Alpha Gruis) in Grus the crane. Plus, Sun conjunct Uranus and
        Juno in Pisces, and every major planet is under the horizon except
        Saturn (and Saturn, Ceres and Mercury in a Water Grand Trine which the
        Virgo Ascendant makes a Kite). We're kind of swimming against the tide
        here with what we do.

        > From my Workbook (the positions are for 1980; for 2000, add
        > 17 minutes; for 2005, add 21 minutes)
        >
        > (apologies if alignments are lost in transmission)
        >
        > Manubrium Omicron Sagittarii Archer's head 14CP43 0 52 -21 46 19
        03 3.77 gG8
        > Vega Alpha Lyrae "Harp Star" Lyre/Vulture 15CP02 61 44 38 46 18
        36 0.03 A0 V
        > The "Weaving Girl" of Chinese myth 5th brightest star in apparent
        magnitude

        > (The numbers after the longitude positions are Latitude,
        > Declination, Right Ascension, Magnitude, Spectral Class)
        >
        > Stern, autocratic, dictatorial leadership; lay down the law,
        > attempt to impose their ideology on others -"my beliefs
        > ought to be everyone's beliefs." Want to help others, but
        > tend to offer extreme, fanatic solutions to problems.
        > Skilled political maneuverers. Military, politics, theology,
        > history, mathematics, music, poetry, astronomy, law,
        > business. Religion, philosophy - either live it or reject
        > it. May inherit position, suffer from stern upbringing, have
        > pre-set ideology imposed upon them. Possible coldness,
        > brutality, aggressiveness, but some become humane, make
        > sacrifices for others. Must deal with issues of prejudice,
        > economics, religion, philosophy. Blindness (Jupiter at
        > Bhopal disaster), explosions, fires, assassinations,
        > eruptions, storms, massacres
        >
        > Again, many thanks.
        >
        > Love, Diana

        You must be using orbs that are wider than mine. I use 1 00' orbs for
        fixed-star aspects (conjunctions only; I haven't seen enough evidence
        about parallels to figure out whether I should start using them, too).

        Mark A. Holmes
      • Ariondys
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2005
          > You must be using orbs that are wider than mine. I use 1 00' orbs
          for fixed-star aspects (conjunctions only; I haven't seen enough
          evidence about parallels to figure out whether I should start using
          them, too).

          > Mark A. Holmes

          I would agree here. My star vocabularly is weak, and I want to get
          to know them before I would get onto parallels.

          That being said, a 1 degree orb for all of them is probably
          incorrect. Powerful stars could use a wider orb. I missed important
          stars like this, and misread a character. It has cost me.

          I have a friend who uses the stars to read charts without using
          signs, houses, or anything that I can see. A fresh aries burst of
          creativity of getting back to the sky and away from 2d charts. I
          don't know how she does it, and I don't seem to get along with her
          mentor.

          She told me MO conjuncted Antares. But they are seperated by over 2
          1/4 degrees. I would've missed it almost any way "I" looked at it.
          It missed by parans too.

          Antares: "the Heart of the Scorpion"
          General influence of the star: It causes malevolence,
          destructiveness, liberality, broad-mindedness, evil presages and
          danger of fatality and makes its natives rash, ravenous, headstrong
          and destructive to themselves by their own obstinacy. (Robson).

          It turns an otherwise unreliable chart maybe making mistakes, into a
          pugnacious money swindler. The rising of the last quarter of the
          moon brought her mom to her door, where she was an easy intercept for
          me, because the cops took her that afternoon to spend the night in
          jail. I have the facts now.

          In her defence she would've believed her father was coming to the
          rescue(rSA ^ rCirce) but not this time(dSA ^ rHA), and in a major
          release pattern too. It's pretty ugly what its going to take for
          this crack head to learn not to lie to someone like me. I will give
          her what's coming. More story to come yet, moon's not done.

          My monkey's paw is working overtime I think. I'd better get it right
          this time.

          Ariondys
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 1, 2005
            --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Ariondys" <ariondys@h...> wrote:

            > > You must be using orbs that are wider than mine. I use 1 00' orbs
            > for fixed-star aspects (conjunctions only; I haven't seen enough
            > evidence about parallels to figure out whether I should start using
            > them, too).
            > >
            > > Mark A. Holmes
            >

            > I would agree here. My star vocabularly is weak, and I want to get
            > to know them before I would get onto parallels.
            >
            > That being said, a 1 degree orb for all of them is probably
            > incorrect. Powerful stars could use a wider orb. I missed important
            > stars like this, and misread a character. It has cost me.

            I know I have Vesta conjunct Khambalia (Lambda Virginis) using a
            1-degree orb; using Joseph Rigor's orb for Khambalia (1 30') I also
            have Mars conjunct it. I don't believe I have enough experience with
            fixed stars yet to decide whether I should use wider orbs or not.
            Maybe this relatively conservative approach will end up working out
            for me, though.

            > I have a friend who uses the stars to read charts without using
            > signs, houses, or anything that I can see. A fresh aries burst of
            > creativity of getting back to the sky and away from 2d charts. I
            > don't know how she does it, and I don't seem to get along with her
            > mentor.
            >
            > She told me MO conjuncted Antares. But they are seperated by over 2
            > 1/4 degrees. I would've missed it almost any way "I" looked at it.
            > It missed by parans too.
            >
            > Antares: "the Heart of the Scorpion"
            > General influence of the star: It causes malevolence,
            > destructiveness, liberality, broad-mindedness, evil presages and
            > danger of fatality and makes its natives rash, ravenous, headstrong
            > and destructive to themselves by their own obstinacy. (Robson).
            >
            > It turns an otherwise unreliable chart maybe making mistakes, into a
            > pugnacious money swindler. The rising of the last quarter of the
            > moon brought her mom to her door, where she was an easy intercept for
            > me, because the cops took her that afternoon to spend the night in
            > jail. I have the facts now.
            >
            > In her defence she would've believed her father was coming to the
            > rescue(rSA ^ rCirce) but not this time(dSA ^ rHA), and in a major
            > release pattern too. It's pretty ugly what its going to take for
            > this crack head to learn not to lie to someone like me. I will give
            > her what's coming. More story to come yet, moon's not done.

            I also have Moon conjunct Antares, and I've never tried to con
            anybody, but when I get really interested in something (say, asteroid
            research) I can be pretty energetic about it; maybe this aspect has
            something to do with my tastes in art, music, and literature as well.
            I like hard rock; authors like Bret Easton Ellis and H.P. Lovecraft;
            artists like Dali, Francis Bacon, Goya, and Albrecht Durer; and horror
            movies. While I think that the notorious Super Bowl half-time show
            with Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake was probably inappropriate
            (that breast-baring stunt was sprung on people, and they should have
            known that a lot of viewers wouldn't have appreciated it), I'm also
            suspicious of this zeal some people have to sanitize the airwaves and
            the culture.

            My Moon is also conjunct Han (Zeta Ophiuchi), so I think I can
            appreciate the value of choosing one's company so as not to create
            problems for oneself. This woman probably needs help, but, you don't
            have to deal with her behaviors; let those who are equipped to handle
            them do so.

            Mark A. Holmes
          • wyf.of.bathe
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 1, 2005
              [I also have Moon conjunct Antares, and I've never tried to con
              anybody, but when I get really interested in something (say, asteroid
              research) I can be pretty energetic about it; maybe this aspect has
              something to do with my tastes in art, music, and literature as well.
              I like hard rock;....]

              my nodes align with antares/4th (south) and aldebaran/10th (north), less than a degree.  they seem to function like portals to information during transit(conj) and i experience them as neutral.
              visually i can become easily mesmerized when viewing antares.

              the march 3 occultaton of antares by moon should be interesting per your conjunction.

              fritzy

              http://hertale.blogspot.com/

              Do you Yahoo!?