Fixed star alignments (January 14, 2007)

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 14, 2007
      As of noon CST.

      Asterisks indicate new alignments (that didn't exist a
      week ago today with a 1 00' orb).

      Jupiter

      Kuma (Nu Draconis)

      *Sin (Tau Scorpii)

      Saturn

      MM Hydrae (cataclysmic variable aka nova)

      Subra (Omicron Leonis)

      Frosty Leo Nebula (IRAS 09371+1212 Leonis)

      Lucida Pictoris (Alpha Pictoris)

      *Owl Nebula (M97 Ursae Majoris)

      Uranus

      Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)

      Nova Cygni 1992 (V1974 Cygni, cataclysmic variable)

      Scovil's Object (Q1991/107 Cygni)

      Head of Hydrus (Alpha Hydri)

      VY Sculptoris (cataclysmic variable)

      Neptune

      *HR Delphini (cataclysmic variable)

      Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)

      QU Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)

      Pluto

      Mu Arae

      Thackeray's Planetary (IC 1266 Arae)

      Etamin (Gamma Eridani)

      *AH Mensae

      RS Ophiuchi (cataclysmic variables)

      Pistol Star (V4647 Sagittarii)

      *Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii)

      Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)

      Integral X-ray Nova 2006 (IGR J17497-2821 Sagittarii)

      Box Nebula (NGC 6445 Sagittarii)

      Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)

      Silkworm Nebula (CRL 5385 Sagittarii)

      Galactic Center (Sagittarius A* Sagittarii)

      Apollyon (Iota-1 Scorpii)

      Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)

      Basanismus (G Scorpii)

      Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii)

      Ceres

      *Luyten 789-6 (Ceti; a nearby star)

      *Deneb Adige (Alpha Cygni)

      Pallas

      *Youe (Psi Capricorni)

      *Patchick's Planetary (IRAS 19450+2922 Cygni)

      *Tarantula Nebula (30 Doradus)

      *LU Vulpeculae

      *LV Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)

      *Cloverleaf Nebula (IRAS 19477+2401 Vulpeculae)

      Juno

      Arcturus (Alpha Bootis)

      Nekkar (Beta Bootis)

      *Tadpole Nebula (Arp 188 Draconis)

      Vesta

      WX Centauri (cataclysmic variable)

      *Southern Crab Nebula (Henize 2-104 Centauri)

      *Zubenelschemali (Beta Librae)

      *Nu Librae

      *Chain-Link Nebula (IC 4406 Lupi)

      Chiron

      Diamond Ring Nebula (Abell 70 Aquilae)

      *Epsilon Indi

      *Lucida Tucanae (Alpha Tucanae)

      *Lucida Microscopii (Gamma Microscopii)

      WZ Sagittae (cataclysmic variable)

      North Node

      Honda's Star (V1500 Cygni)

      Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)

      Shih (Sigma Pegasi)

      Fum al Samakah (Beta Piscium)

      South Node

      Asterion (Beta Canum Venaticorum)

      La Superba (Y Canum Venaticorum)

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 15, 2007

        > As of noon CST.
        >
        > Saturn
        >
        > Frosty Leo Nebula (IRAS 09371+1212 Leonis)

        WEll No Sh!t!!!! sorry, the last time it froze where I live in sunny
        southern CA, was the winter I was in the 4th grade. that would be 35
        years ago. sigh... whoever sent this stuff, take it back, NOW! I
        insist!

        > *Owl Nebula (M97 Ursae Majoris)

        The snowy owl has been seen far south of its normal grazin area.
        probably due to the above.

        > Pluto

        > Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)

        The lovely pics of Frozen ice from automatic Sprinklers that went
        off in Lancaster CA while it was 3 degrees outside is gorgeous, and
        all over the news.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 15, 2007
          --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

          > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Mark Andrew
          > Holmes
          > <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > As of noon CST.
          > >
          > > Saturn
          > >
          > > Frosty Leo Nebula (IRAS 09371+1212 Leonis)
          >
          > WEll No Sh!t!!!! sorry, the last time it froze where
          > I live in sunny
          > southern CA, was the winter I was in the 4th grade.
          > that would be 35
          > years ago. sigh... whoever sent this stuff, take it
          > back, NOW! I
          > insist!
          >
          > > *Owl Nebula (M97 Ursae Majoris)
          >
          > The snowy owl has been seen far south of its normal
          > grazin area.
          > probably due to the above.
          > >
          > > Pluto
          >
          > > Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)
          >
          > The lovely pics of Frozen ice from automatic
          > Sprinklers that went
          > off in Lancaster CA while it was 3 degrees outside
          > is gorgeous, and
          > all over the news.

          Don't they use sprinklers to protect crops from
          freezing as well as to water yards?

          I think we may be importing even more of our produce
          from overseas than usual as a result of this freeze
          (Pluto = big money, large corporations).

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 16, 2007
            actually you dont use sprinklers to stop crops from freezing, but
            running water, but for the citrus it was too cold. CA crop damage
            probably tops a billion dollars, and considering how much of the
            country we feed, that is gonna be expensive. Imports is right! MissB

            _______________

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 4, 2007

              > As of noon CST.
              >

              > Asterisks indicate new alignments (that didn't exist a
              > week ago today with a 1 00' orb).
              >

              > Jupiter
              >

              > Kuma (Nu Draconis)

              "at last"

              > *Sin (Tau Scorpii)

              This star also shares the name Al-Niyat (Arabic = the arteries) with
              Sigma Scorpii. I'm calling Tau Sin (Chinese = heart) after the Chinese
              lunar mansion it's part of.

              > Saturn
              >

              > MM Hydrae (cataclysmic variable aka nova)
              >
              > Subra (Omicron Leonis)
              >
              > Frosty Leo Nebula (IRAS 09371+1212 Leonis)
              >
              > Lucida Pictoris (Alpha Pictoris)
              >
              > *Owl Nebula (M97 Ursae Majoris)
              >

              > Uranus
              >

              > Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)
              >
              > Nova Cygni 1992 (V1974 Cygni, cataclysmic variable)
              >
              > Scovil's Object (Q1991/107 Cygni)
              >
              > Head of Hydrus (Alpha Hydri)
              >
              > VY Sculptoris (cataclysmic variable)
              >

              > Neptune
              >

              > *HR Delphini (cataclysmic variable)

              self-importance, bizarro behavior (anyone remember the Seventies
              live-action kidvid show "HR Pufnstuf"? It was produced by Marty and
              Sid Krofft [sp?] and starred a guy whose character fell into a
              carnival magician's hat and landed in a strange world inhabited by a
              bunch of Muppet-like characters in hat costumes).

              > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)
              >
              > QU Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)
              >

              > Pluto
              >

              > Mu Arae
              >
              > Thackeray's Planetary (IC 1266 Arae)
              >
              > Etamin (Gamma Eridani)
              >
              > *AH Mensae

              "ah"

              > RS Ophiuchi (cataclysmic variables)
              >
              > Pistol Star (V4647 Sagittarii)
              >
              > *Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii)

              something on its last legs? (like this star's giant-star status? It's
              turning into a white dwarf)

              > Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)
              >
              > Integral X-ray Nova 2006 (IGR J17497-2821 Sagittarii)
              >
              > Box Nebula (NGC 6445 Sagittarii)
              >
              > Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)
              >
              > Silkworm Nebula (CRL 5385 Sagittarii)
              >
              > Galactic Center (Sagittarius A* Sagittarii)
              >
              > Apollyon (Iota-1 Scorpii)
              >
              > Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
              >
              > Basanismus (G Scorpii)
              >
              > Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii)
              >

              > Ceres
              >

              > *Luyten 789-6 (Ceti; a nearby star)

              > *Deneb Adige (Alpha Cygni)

              "gives an ingenious nature and a clever intellect that is quick at
              learning." (Robson)

              > Pallas
              >

              > *Youe (Psi Capricorni)

              on one's knees (to defer? to pray? to be sacrificed?)

              > *Patchick's Planetary (IRAS 19450+2922 Cygni)

              having to do with sexual misconduct

              > *Tarantula Nebula (30 Doradus)

              "to live through"

              > *LU Vulpeculae
              >
              > *LV Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)
              >
              > *Cloverleaf Nebula (IRAS 19477+2401 Vulpeculae)
              >

              > Juno
              >

              > Arcturus (Alpha Bootis)
              >
              > Nekkar (Beta Bootis)
              >
              > *Tadpole Nebula (Arp 188 Draconis)

              in an embryonic stage

              > Vesta
              >

              > WX Centauri (cataclysmic variable)
              >
              > *Southern Crab Nebula (Henize 2-104 Centauri)

              having to do with seafood?

              > *Zubenelschemali (Beta Librae)

              social activism carried out for selfish reasons

              > *Nu Librae

              out of balance

              > *Chain-Link Nebula (IC 4406 Lupi)

              fenced in, chained?

              > Chiron
              >

              > Diamond Ring Nebula (Abell 70 Aquilae)
              >
              > *Epsilon Indi

              awareness of people who think and act differently from ourselves?

              > *Lucida Tucanae (Alpha Tucanae)

              being helpful (or nosy?)

              > *Lucida Microscopii (Gamma Microscopii)

              having to do with science?

              > WZ Sagittae (cataclysmic variable)
              >

              > North Node
              >

              > Honda's Star (V1500 Cygni)

              a temporary period of madness, a "dirty war"

              > Moth Nebula (Sharpless 1-89 Cygni)

              like a moth to a flame