Re: [thefixedstars] 22 Taurus

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 8, 2007
      I set up the chart for 12:45 p.m. LMT, which gives
      that MC alignments with Lucida Caeli (Alpha Caeli,
      brightest star in Caelum the Chisel) and Gorgonia
      Tertia (Rho Persei) and Gorgonia Quarta (Omega
      Persei), which, like Algol, mark the severed head of
      Medusa that Perseus is holding.

      http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Perseus.html

      As I recall, he eventually gave it to Athene who put
      it on her shield. Athene was the goddess of war in
      defense of the state as opposed to war for its own
      sake, which was the domain of another deity, Ares.

      Robson has this interpretation for the constellation
      Caelum: "It has been said to give artistic taste and
      inclination, religious feeling, and fondness for
      astronomy, architecture and engraving." (*The Fixed
      Stars and Constellations in Astrology,* p. 33)

      The US Neptune at 22 Virgo 25 isn't aligned with
      Alkes, but I think that during the 1960s Alkes had
      precessed over it; it was at 23 Virgo 11 when I was
      born, in 1963...

      Mark A. Holmes