Re: Fixed star alignments (December 31, 2006)

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 8, 2007
      I have to say I think upping minimum wage is offering peanuts, I
      really think that they need to undo some of the damage done in the
      last few years, one by attacking the new BK Laws and two by making
      some healthcare more accessible. I'm not saying socialize medicine,
      that really impedes progress, but some things should be universally
      available at lower costs, or should be covered better by employers.
      (I mean job related injuries here, which can be a huge hassle for
      the underemployed.) etc.. If you take into account the cost of
      medical help required for manual labor, as compared ot income, you
      could see how assistance in that area would greatly increase the
      money they get to USE, as opposed to a wage increase.

      I suppose I digress here a bit, but I'm really irritated that they
      are putting banaids on gaping wounds as far as economics goes...