Re: Fixed star alignments (December 17, 2006)

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2007

      > > As of noon CST.
      > >

      > > Jupiter
      > >

      > > *Cor Chamaeleontis (Delta Chamaeleontis, marking the
      > > heart of Chamaeleon the Chameleon)
      >
      > the heart of a chameleon

      Maybe now we get a Congress that's more attuned to what the people
      want than the previous one.

      > > Zodet's Planetary (ESO 135:PN-4 Circini)

      Something legal and/or religion-related in the news during most of
      last month: the legal maneuvering and Sunni-Shiite wrangling connected
      to Saddam's impending execution...

      > > *Turtle Nebula (NGC 6210 Herculis)
      >
      > long-lived? slow and steady (wins the race)? in one's shell?

      upside-down? (and blinded, this being a nebula)

      Bush keeps talking up patience in Iraq...

      > > *IM Normae (cataclysmic variable aka nova)
      >

      > "IM normal"?

      instant-messaging?

      > > *Marfik (Lambda Ophiuchi)

      Arabic = elbow

      > > *Jabbah (Nu Scorpii)

      Arabic = forehead

      > > Saturn
      > >

      > > Cat's Eye Nebula (NGC 6543 Draconis)
      > >
      > > Ukdah (Tau-2 Hydrae)
      > >
      > > Subra (Omicron Leonis)
      > >
      > > Peanut Nebula of Leo (CW Leonis)
      > >
      > > Lucida Pictoris (Alpha Pictoris)
      > >
      > > Malus (Gamma Pyxidis, marking the obsolete
      > > constellation Malus the Mast of the Ship Argo)
      > >

      > > Uranus
      > >

      > > Hydria (Eta Aquarii)
      > >
      > > Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)
      > >
      > > Nova Cygni 1992 (cataclysmic variable)
      > >
      > > Scovil's Object (Q1991/107 Cygni)
      > >
      > > WX Hydri
      > >
      > > VY Sculptoris (cataclysmic variables)
      > >

      > > Neptune
      > >

      > > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
      > >
      > > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
      > >
      > > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)
      > >
      > > EF Tucanae (cataclysmic variable)
      > >

      > > Pluto
      > >

      > > Tseen Yin (Delta Arae)
      > >
      > > *Mu Arae (has a planetary system)
      > >
      > > *Thackeray's Planetary (IC 1266 Arae)
      >

      > let me look back in the archives and see what I posted about this one

      when I get the chance

      > > Iron Star (XX Ophiuchi)
      > >
      > > Pistol Star (V4647 Sagittarii)
      > >
      > > *Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)
      >
      > the mouse that roared? the mountains are in labor and give birth to a
      > mouse? (I think there have been earlier posts about Pluto aligned with
      > this object.)
      >

      > > Silkworm Nebula (CRL 5385 Sagittarii)
      > >
      > > Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)
      > >
      > > Galactic Center (Sagittarius A* Sagittarii)
      > >
      > > Sargas (Theta Scorpii)
      > >
      > > Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
      > >
      > > Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii)
      > >
      > > Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)
      > >

      > > Ceres
      > >

      > > *Baxendell's Nebula (NGC 7088 Aquarii)

      some kind of overload (web sites, snowstorms)

      > > *Kuh (Mu Capricorni)

      Chinese(?) = weeping

      > > *Cor Piscis Austrini (Beta Piscis Austrini, apparently
      > > the bright star closest to Piscis Austrinus the
      > > Southern Fish's heart [maybe more like the gills])

      exaltation of the spiritual or high-minded?

      > > Pallas
      > >

      > > *Al Thalamain I (Iota Aquilae)
      >
      > one of the ostriches
      >

      > > *Terebellum (Omega Sagittarii)
      >

      > "gives fortune, but with regret and disgrace, cunning, a mercenary
      > nature and repulsiveness"(Robson)
      >

      > > *KK Telescopii (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > KKK?
      >

      > > *Brocchi's Cluster (Collinder 399 Vulpeculae; named
      > > for D.F. Brocchi, who created a map of it in the
      > > 1920's; also known as the Coathanger Cluster)
      > >
      > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brocchi's_Cluster
      > >

      > focus on reactionary ways of thinking in politics?
      >

      > > Juno
      > >

      > > *Mufrid (Eta Bootis)

      Arabic = solitary

      > > Vesta
      > >

      > > *Centaurus A (NGC 5128 Centauri)
      > >
      > > (I have "stressing" for this one)
      > >
      > > *Boomerang Nebula (ESO 172-7 Centauri)
      >
      > bouncing back in one's face; cold (this nebula is noted for the
      > exceptionally low temperatures inside it)
      >

      > > *Gacrux (Gamma Crucis)

      lying at the top of the cross figure (where Jesus' head, with its
      crown of thorns, and the sign above it would be if we take the cross
      as a representation of Jesus crucified)

      > > *Decrux (Delta Crucis)

      lying at the right end of the cross (again taking Crux as a
      representation of Jesus on the cross, marking the left end of the
      cross beam; the Synoptic Gospels say he was crucified between two
      thieves, and the so-called Good Thief, St. Dismas, not the one who
      mocked him but the other one, is traditionally shown on his right)

      > > *Khambalia (Lambda Virginis)
      >

      > "swift violence, unreliability, changeability and an argumentative
      > nature" (Robson)
      >

      > > *OU Virginis
      > >

      > "oh, you"
      >

      > > *SY Volantis (cataclysmic variables)
      >

      > "sigh"

      Bush? Kofi Annan? Fidel Castro? The right-wing culture warriors and
      the "war on Christmas" they manufactured? (That might fit Gacrux and
      Decrux)